Author Topic: AM I MISSING SOMETHING??  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Darth Berger

• Youngling
    • View Profile
AM I MISSING SOMETHING??
« on: June 30, 2003, 12:24 AM »
I have followed the NJO series from the beginning.   Usually anxiously awaiting each new title months before release, but they slipped one by me.   The inside cover of "Refugee" lists a title of "Ylesia" before the Force Heretic novels.  I haven't seen this book at any store I have gone into. Can anyone help. Thanks.
Goodnight Gracie

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: AM I MISSING SOMETHING??
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 12:34 AM »
Jeff, you finally posted a message here.   I'm absolutely amazed!  :o  Nice of you to check out the site.

Hopefully someone here can answer your question.  I was trying to think of a possibility (since I know how you've read just about every book out there), and "Ylesia" could be one of those e-books (in digital format without being published).  I could be totally wrong, but that's just a possibility.

Good luck getting the true answer.
dustrho

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 09:06 AM »
It is definitely an e-book.  It will most likely be published when one of the recent hardcover books gets printed in paperback, as was done with previous e-books.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 11:19 AM »
A good example is how "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter" has the e-book "Darth Maul: Saboteur" printed in it as a bonus story.
dustrho

Offline Darth Berger

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 10:03 PM »
call me ignorant, but what's an e-book?
Goodnight Gracie

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 10:11 PM »
e-books are just digital files that are downloadable from websites.  I don't know exactly which ones sell them, but you can try Amazon.com.  The actual file type is an Adobe Acrobat PDF file.  These publishers are testing the waters to see if they can move to the 100% digital age versus making actual paper books.

Hope that helps.   :-*
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 10:11 PM »
An e-book is basically an electronic book. You download an e-book reader (Microsoft and Adobe are the big two) and you pay for and download files of the book you want. You then use the reader to display the e-book so you can read it. Barnes and Noble has a really big e-book selection. There are also handheld e-book readers (about thrice the size of a palm pilot), but they are few and far between, maybe not even being sold any longer.

Ylesia will most likely be available in the paperback version of Destiny's Way, just as Recovery was included in the paperback version of Star by Star.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 10:14 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Darth Berger

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 11:09 PM »
thanks for the pointers
Goodnight Gracie