Author Topic: DeMartino's "The Saga Museum" Gus & Duncan's Book Pre-Order  (Read 14187 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Time for a shamless plug.  :P

Checking out the otheR site, a new book is book is up for presale at thesagamuseum.com

Todd DeMartino presents The Saga Museum 30 Years of Star Wars Toys.

Clicky the link above, check out the sample pages & the blog. This is on heck of a book for the collection.

· A 700 page chronological history of the Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars toy line from 1977 – 2007.

· Exhaustive coverage of each packaging variation.

· Items never showcased in any other publication, presented in a way like you’ve never seen.

· Presented in a large 2 volume, coffee table-style 9 ½” x 12” hardcover format.

· Limited edition of only 5000 copies.

- The most comprehensive book ever published on Kenner U.S. production items spanning the following categories: 2200 Carded Action Figures, 300 Kenner Baggie Figures, 80 Department Store Multi-Packs, 350 Multi-Packs, 200 Value-Packs, 300 Large Dolls, 50 Creature Sets, 100 Playsets, 350 Vehicles, 400 Scaled Miniatures, 200 Preschool items, 100 Accessories, 250 Role Play toys, 200 Games, 100 Plush toys, 100 Catalogs and 250 Miscellaneous items. Just to name a few!

Availability: Estimated to arrive in January - February 2009 (subject to change).

Orders within the United States ($75 + $12 shipping).

International Orders ($75 + $35 shipping).

Pretty damn good price for a 2 volume book of 700 pages & 12 pounds. Yes, that's right... 12 pounds.

Also Duncan Jenkins & Gus Lopez will be having a book coming out soon, Gus & Duncan's Comprehensive Guide to Star Wars Collectibles. I'll have more details on that when it comes time about pre-orders but for now you can check out the sample pages.  ;D

Table of Contents
p. 202, Coins
p. 208, Comics
p. 677-678, Patches
p. 737, Replica Props
p. 971-972, Licensee Index

Both these books are a must.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 6, 2008, 06:51 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
Re: DeMartino's "The Saga Museum" Book Pre-Order
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 11:33 AM »
The books look great and ill buy one but which one i don't know. i like the stuff Gus has but are the pictures going to be the same ones as the ones on his website or new ones???
He's no good to me open

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Looks like it will be new photography but there might be some that are same in the archive, still good for this price guide. 
We're planning to sell for $59.99 + postage (tentative) but will finalize the price when we take preorders in the next couple of weeks. We want this to be reasonably priced for a book of this size (992 pages, all color, hardback).

That was mentioned back on 09/27/08, hopefully we hear something soon. Will keep ya posted.  :)

2 great books & very large.  ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 04:45 PM »
I wonder how many peope will get this so they can look through it and say, "Got it, got it, need it, got it, need, it, need it, got it..."

:D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 01:04 AM »
I wonder how many peope will get this so they can look through it and say, "Got it, got it, need it, got it, need, it, need it, got it..."

:D

For me its more need it than got it but i love to look at the books that have rare and foreign stuff. as big of a collection that i have there is something about having to see all those carded figures all in one page. That is almost better than looking at them on my wall.
He's no good to me open

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 04:12 AM »
By the sounds of things both books are going to focus on larger, higher quality photos than what other similar style books have done in the past.  I can't wait!

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 07:26 AM »
I already pre-ordered the top book a while ago.  I hadn't heard about Gus's book till now, but I'm sure I'll get that one as well.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 08:39 AM »
Just an update from Gus on his book from RS:

we a got a bit delayed with small steps before going to print, but we've sorted that out and they've started printing. One of the things we did with that review process was go with higher quality page stock to make it even nicer, which raised the costs slightly, so the final cover price will be $64.99.

I should have an advanced copy next week, and then the distributors have the exact final weight and dimensions to start taking orders. I'll definitely post the link here and show some more shots of the finished book. I'm excited to see it!

It will ship internationally. Likely to be arriving days after Christmas, but in the Star Wars spirit, maybe we can send a slab of cardboard in its place. :-)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 07:14 PM »
I like that they went with a heavier stock to give the book a more impressive feel.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Re: DeMartino's "The Saga Museum" Gus & Duncan's Book Pre-Order
« Reply #9 on: December 6, 2008, 07:01 AM »
Gus & Duncan's Comprehensive Guide to Star Wars Collectibles is now up for pre-order through Pazio.com. This book is a great value for $64.99 plus shipping anywhere in the world & is expected to be released January 2009.

You can also have another sneak peek at the book on youtube, one heck of a huge book.  8)

Click link below to place your pre-order, a must for any Star Wars fans.  ;)

Gus and Duncan's Comprehensive Guide to Star Wars Collectibles Hardcover

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 02:55 AM »
For those that preordered Gus & Duncan's book, they will be shipping very soon as they have arrived from China. I'll be waiting a bit longer to get mine.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:27 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 10:15 AM »
Just an update for those who preordered Gus & Duncan's book, Gus & Duncan will be going to Paizo's offices today & signing the preordered copies. You have until 5:00pm PST Monday the 26th to place your order & receive a copy signed by both authors. If you don't want it signed, then just wait until Tuesday to order.

Man, those guys are going to get writers cramp.  ;D

Can't wait to get mine in March.  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 09:01 AM »
Gus & Duncan's book is now shipping, if you preodered then expect it to arrive very soon.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 9, 2009, 12:33 PM »
I received Gus & Duncan's book on Friday, this thing is a lot of fun to look through!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 10:50 AM »
I finally got Gus & Duncan's book at the toy show. Man is this book fricken" heavy, I just scanned through the pages & can't wait to get some free time to really sink into this bad boy.

If you have not picked up Gus & Duncan's Comprehensive Guide to Star Wars Collectibles, you are missing out.