Author Topic: NBA 2008 - 2009  (Read 23793 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2008 - 2009
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 10:45 AM »
So ... is anyone in the league playing better than Wade right now?  He's currently in the top five in scoring (2nd), assists (5th), steals (3rd) and blocked shots (5th).  The fact that he's 5th in blocked shots as a 6'4" guard is just ridiculous.  He's doing everything for that team.  Too bad it isn't going to end up meaning anything.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 07:52 PM »
Wade is kicking booty; he's putting up some awesome numbers.  I don't know how he's blocking all those shots, but that does seem to be amazing as a guard.  He commits a lot of turnovers (2nd in the league with 51 so far), but I guess guards are more prone to do that.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 08:22 PM »
  He commits a lot of turnovers (2nd in the league with 51 so far), but I guess guards are more prone to do that.

Yeah ... especially for one that has the ball in his hands as often as he does.  Check the top ten in turnovers.  There are some pretty decent players on the list.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: December 8, 2008, 12:03 PM »
**** you Kevin McHale >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Minnesota Timberwolves fire coach Randy Wittman, name Kevin McHale as replacement

The only good thing I read from that article is... 

"McHale, Wolves vice president of basketball operations since May 11, 1995, will step down from that job to concentrate on coaching, the team announced."  It almost reads like Taylor said it's your mess so you coach them.  :P

Since McHale is stepping down as vp, maybe that means they can fire him free and clear after the Wolves continue to suck the rest of the year?  Scotty, would you be willing to trade a 21-61 season knowing it will get rid of McHale for good?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 09:01 AM »
Melo dropped 33 in the third quarter last night!  That's just nuts.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 5, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Anyone watching the Lakers at Celtics today?  I'm curious as to how the Lake Show will perform in Boston.  Lakers then play in Cleveland on Sunday.  Can they hang with the beasts in the East?

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 5, 2009, 07:52 PM »
Anyone watching the Lakers at Celtics today?  I'm curious as to how the Lake Show will perform in Boston.  Lakers then play in Cleveland on Sunday.  Can they hang with the beasts in the East?

I'm definitely intersted to see Kobe vs. LeBron on Sunday ... especially after what they both did to MSG this week.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 12:12 AM »
Great show put on by Nate and Dwight.  I think if Dwight switched his dunk order the outcome might have been different.  The free throw line one was a downer.  It might have been different had he taken off from the free throw line, but he was so far in.  His off the side backboard dunk and 12 foot dunk was very spectacular and fun to watch.  Props to Nate though.  For his height, I wish I had some hops like his 8).

I also really liked Rudy Fernandez's dunk, but it took so many tries for him to get it done.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 2, 2009, 10:47 PM »
Great shootout between Wade and LeBron last night.  I'm still pissed about the outcome because the Heat had that game won, but what can you do?  LeBron has teammates that respond when he needs them, and for the most part, Wade doesn't.  Ah, the joys of a young team.  Regardless, it was still fun to watch them play against each other.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 02:29 AM »
Great first day of playoffs. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 06:47 AM »
I guess I'll go on record here with Lakers over Cavs in the NBA Finals.

I just don't see how a healthy Lakers team with Kobe, Gasol and Bynum is going to lose a 7 game set to LeBron.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 01:19 PM »
I guess I'll go on record here with Lakers over Cavs in the NBA Finals.

I just don't see how a healthy Lakers team with Kobe, Gasol and Bynum is going to lose a 7 game set to LeBron.

I have to agree.  In fact, I'd be completely shocked if it wasn't the Cavs and Lakers in the Finals.  Boston was the only other team that had a legit shot at the title ... until Garnett went down.  So ... though it appears that their may be some drama in the early rounds, it's going to get a bit predictable after that.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 10:48 AM »
I realize that the Heat don't match up well against the Hawks, but ... wow.  I couldn't even watch the whole game last night.  Watching that team completely suck ass made me realize even more why Wade should get strong MVP consideration.  If you take him off of the team, the Heat are easily the least-talented team in the playoffs.  How he managed to get them to 43 wins during the regular season baffles me.  And he played like **** last night as well.  This could be a short series if they don't make some adjustments quickly.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 10:57 AM »
As others have said, I think a Lakers-Cavs Finals matchup is pretty likely at this point.  With Garnett likely out for the playoffs, I don't see anyone in the East standing up to Cleveland.  The Lakers look pretty strong at this point as well, and I don't know that the West has anyone that can beat them.  If Ginobli was playing for S.A., I would maybe give them a really outside shot, but otherwise I don't see it happening.  As much as I'd rather Kobe not being able to win a ring "on his own" :P, I think this might be their year.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 11:43 AM »
I realize that the Heat don't match up well against the Hawks, but ... wow.  I couldn't even watch the whole game last night.  Watching that team completely suck ass made me realize even more why Wade should get strong MVP consideration.  If you take him off of the team, the Heat are easily the least-talented team in the playoffs.  How he managed to get them to 43 wins during the regular season baffles me.  And he played like **** last night as well.  This could be a short series if they don't make some adjustments quickly.

Wade is a strong candidate for MVP, and so is King James.

The Cavs are just about equally talentless as the Heat would be, if you removed James the same way you removed Wade from his squad.  Both are first round fodder without their star.

Kobe's case is not the same, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom could more than carry their team to a .500+ record.  And there are a host of other above average players there too.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda