Author Topic: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 117579 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back (Fall 2009)
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2009, 05:40 PM »
...and, Jay, is it the correct hilt?

No. The one that has been pictured is the Anakin EII lightsaber sculpt.  ::) :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:43 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2009, 05:45 PM »
...and, Jay, is it the correct hilt?

No. The one that has been pictured is the Anakin EII lightsaber sculpt.  ::) :P

I kind of figured. Had to get you riled up!  :-*

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2009, 08:11 PM »
A bunch of silliness  ::) how almost every Luke and Anakin these days include a repainted Darth Vader hilt. It's plain ridiculous! Almost every re-release of the 2005 Evo. Ep.II Anakin includes the same silver Vader hilt (2009 Ep.II Anakin, 2009 red-packaging Ep.II Anakin). I'd actually like to see it released with his real lightsaber!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2009, 12:41 PM »
So I sat down last night and watched a re-run of "Empire" on Spike TV, partly to relax, but also to catch the 2-3 seconds you see Willrow Hood running by with his ice cream maker :P

That has to be one of the most obscure movie characters ever made into an action figure 8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2009, 01:17 AM »
So I sat down last night and watched a re-run of "Empire" on Spike TV, partly to relax, but also to catch the 2-3 seconds you see Willrow Hood running by with his ice cream maker :P

That has to be one of the most obscure movie characters ever made into an action figure 8)

Ain't life grand. 8)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2009, 04:45 PM »
Does Snowspeeder Luke come with a complete lightsaber or only the hilt?

We saw in the adds only the hilt without the blade.

My guess is that the final figure will, but if not, you could always give him the one from the Medical Frigate Luke as he "technically" doesn't need it.  :P

Looks like no ignited lightsaber for Snowspeeder/Hoth Gear Luke  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Eh, not the end of the world.  Like others have joked, it probably would have just been the wrong saber anyway.   :P

If he needs one, I'll just take one from any of the other Lukes that came with one and didn't need it - X-Wing Luke, Medical Frigate Luke, etc etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Eh, not the end of the world.  Like others have joked, it probably would have just been the wrong saber anyway.   :P

If he needs one, I'll just take one from any of the other Lukes that came with one and didn't need it - X-Wing Luke, Medical Frigate Luke, etc etc.

Yeah, we've gotten enough extras from other figures that we can use with it, but it does seem silly to not include it.  I mean, he actually did use a saber in this version of the character.  Sometimes Hasbro doesn't make sense like that though ::).  Aside from that, I'm really looking forward to this figure for some reason.  Just looks spiffy to me.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2009, 08:06 PM »
You could actually use the saber from medical frigate Luke ... he doesn't need it, since he lost it with his hand courtesy of Dad Vader.  :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2009, 10:32 AM »
I've got enough lightsabers anyway.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2009, 08:51 PM »
Hey guys letīs talk about TLC Zuckuss, looks very nice and decent sculpt, but Do you mind heīs a head smaller than the potf2 version?

It seems Hasbro looks for more detail in a smaller scale.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2009, 08:56 PM »
Hey guys letīs talk about TLC Zuckuss, looks very nice and decent sculpt, but Do you mind heīs a head smaller than the potf2 version?

I don't. Nor did I mind the LC Slave Leia being a head and a half shorter than the POTF2 sculpt  ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:57 PM by Jayson »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2009, 02:14 AM »
I don't mind his height.  I'm more interested in how he compares to the other bounty hunters since that's who he's stacked against in the movies.  I think he may be a hair tall now, but I'm ok with it.  I like the figure.

I actually am more disappointed he doesn't have a fully removable coat ala the vintage figure.  Call me crazy but I liked that about the original and think it would've added to this one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2009, 03:16 AM »
I don't mind his height.  I'm more interested in how he compares to the other bounty hunters since that's who he's stacked against in the movies.  I think he may be a hair tall now, but I'm ok with it.  I like the figure.

I honestly don't care if he's too tall - I just like the figure!  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2009, 03:16 AM »
I got the Bespin Guard in the mail today...

Some thoughts right off the bat are that the headsculpt's incredibly generic looking.  That's pretty cool, and I'm going to see how well it pops onto a pilot body here in a second...  hold on.

His head does NOT fit the new X-Wing body or the A-Wing body.  That sorta bites.  It's the right sculpt but just too large to fit the neck ball on those two.  He also just barely doesn't fit the Hoth Rebel.  That sucks.  :( 

His sculpt is tall...  He's one of those figures that you may be annoyed at the noticeable height difference he has with other figures.  I have him next to the Scanner Tech and he's almost a full head over the techie, HRT, the pilots, and so forth.

His hat doesn't fit, not snug anyway like the POTJ figure's hat does, and so it sits high on the head for some reason. 

I love the removable holsters for his blaster and his baton.  Very slick, and both pop off the figure's hips.

The pistol has a very nice paintjob and sculpt.  Very nice overall.

The sculpt of the figure itself is very detailed.  Lots of wrinkles, lots of creases and folds.  Very good paint aps for the gold trim as well, and the red cuffs and white collar of the shirt underneath.  This figure doesn't make your POTJ Guards obsolete by any means, but this is a by far superior figure in almost every way but maybe sculpt and deco... 

I'd like to see the vintage guy with the mustache who I believe is Asian, and a generic white guy even if it's just a repaint of the existing figure.  Beyond that, I think I'd be quite content with Bespin Guards.  I have a lot of the POTJ figure and will mix them in as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77