Author Topic: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 117596 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: ESB
« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2010, 09:41 PM »
a lot of people think that the reason for the bar code sticker was because these were initially going to be "value 2 packed" - i have seen some with blank stickers over the UPC's.  It would be insane to find 2-fers of this assortment...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: ESB
« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2010, 11:21 PM »
a lot of people think that the reason for the bar code sticker was because these were initially going to be "value 2 packed" - i have seen some with blank stickers over the UPC's. 

I have heard/read the same - that UPC sticker/bar code does seem to be the same as the blockbuster pack bar code and then the fact that some are turning up with the UPC blanked out sure lends credence to that "they were gonna blockbuster 2-pack these" story.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #302 on: April 1, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Scored Agen Kolar and Zuckuss, both from the revised ESB case. I'm glad my local Target ordered the revised case b/c for the LONGEST time the stores was getting only the TPM and ANH waves, and the ESB and ROTS waves were absolutely non-existant. But the revised ESB case hacked out both waves!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 3, 2010, 11:08 PM »
Scored Hoth Luke! I'm trying to figure out to attach his grappling hook to him, as the picture on the cardback shows the gun somehow clipped on to his belt, when in fact his belt is painted onto the figure.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #304 on: April 3, 2010, 11:37 PM »
Scored Hoth Luke! I'm trying to figure out to attach his grappling hook to him, as the picture on the cardback shows the gun somehow clipped on to his belt, when in fact his belt is painted onto the figure.

Unfortunately, that feature was omitted from the final figure (or it's photoshop trickery) as the only way to attach the grappling hook is to run the control box hose through it.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2010, 11:39 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 4, 2010, 02:08 AM »

Unfortunately, that feature was omitted from the final figure (or it's photoshop trickery) as the only way to attach the grappling hook is to run the control box hose through it.

Thanks much for the advice; I tried that option and am fairly pleased with the result.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 9, 2010, 01:46 AM »
So, it's sounding like Canada should be getting the Empire Legacy wave at some point.  I think twice now, in Q&A answers, they've mentioned it, including this week's answer over at Snowtroopers.ca.

If that's the case, and the cardbacks are any different than the US release, I'm looking to find a carded AT-AT Driver.  Willing to pay or trade if anyone can help me out on that.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 9, 2010, 04:14 PM »
So far we've had 2 of the 2009/10 waves come to Canada (Wave 8/ESB and Wave 9/ROTJ), but they've been on US cards.   I'd be surprised to see them do it differently for Wave 12/ESB, but I'll certainly watch for you.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 9, 2010, 07:41 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they're the same as the US release but I appreciate it for checking.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #309 on: April 15, 2010, 12:00 AM »
Anyone know which figures come with the head/blaster of HK50?

I know the Red Clone Commander and Luke do, but which of the new repacks come with it?  If any?    ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #310 on: April 15, 2010, 12:04 AM »

I know the Red Clone Commander and Luke do, but which of the new repacks come with it?  If any?    ???

Plo "Meat Curtains" Koon

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 15, 2010, 12:08 AM »

Plo "Meat Curtains" Koon

That's bizarre.  The ROTS wave Plo Koon has also had HK-50's left arm packed in with him in the TESB wave cases.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #312 on: April 15, 2010, 12:14 AM »
Yep, here is the breakdown of the HK-50 parts courtesy of the honorable Rev. Strone.

Red Card TLC Wave 12 (ESB2) and Wave 12.5 case revisions:
HK-50 Head & Gun –- Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot) BD51 or Commander Deviss (Red ARC trooper REPACK) BD35 or Plo Koon BD45
HK-50 Torso –- AT-AT Driver BD49 or Commander Bacara (REPACK) BD47 or Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) BD16
HK-50 Left Arm –- Bespin Security Guard#1 BD50 or Plo Koon (ROTS repack) BD45 or Imperial Scanning Tech BD32
HK-50 Right Arm –- Willrow Hood BD53 or Agen Kolar (ROTS repack) BD43 or Stormtrooper BD46 or Commander Cody BD44
HK-50 Left Leg –- Zuckuss BD54 or Snowtrooper BD46
HK-50 Right Leg –- Concept Snowtrooper BD48 or R2-X2 BD52 or Gungan Warrior BD7 or Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) BD6
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:16 AM by Jayson »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 15, 2010, 12:24 AM »
That has to be the first instance of Hasbro packing different parts for a single droid with one repack figure.  I've been tracking the repack parts pretty closely myself, but I can't recall having seen a Plo Koon with the HK-50 head.  I'm going to have to take a look now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 15, 2010, 01:04 AM »
There's a 327th Star Corps figure with two different parts for the MB-RA-7 droid.  He originally came with the torso but there's a variant, with a darker pauldron, that has the right leg.

If anyone knows what case revisions that variant came with I'd like to know.

There was also a parts swap on two figures in the Euro cases; they were R2-L3's left leg and R5-A2 torso swapped between Kenobi and the Jawa.

E...