Author Topic: Legacy Wave 8 - The Phantom Menace  (Read 42312 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 8 - The Phantom Menace
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2009, 09:11 AM »
I hit a couple of Targets yesterday that have been getting the ROTJ wave, hoping ANH would hit, but instead, they all got TPM again.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2009, 06:45 PM »
I hit a couple of Targets yesterday that have been getting the ROTJ wave, hoping ANH would hit, but instead, they all got TPM again.  :(

My Targets never get the TPM wave - it's mostly TCW and the new ROTJ wave - minus the good figures.  :P
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2009, 12:48 PM »
Anyone finding the Gungan, please pick it up for me. I'm trying to slightly army build this figure. I've got some clone cash as well so that can help you out.  PM me if any of you can help.

Thanks,
Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2010, 02:02 PM »
What was the final word on Ratts Tyerell?  He never came out right?

Is he still going to at some point?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2010, 02:10 PM »
This is what I was hoping to find out at Toy Fair.  Given that the vintage TPM wave doesn't hit until 2011, it's going to be a while.  I assume he'll be in that wave.  I'd be let down if he wasn't.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Yeah, the next TPM wave is slotted for Spring 2011.  They would not say at Toy Fair if Ratts would make the cut for that one.  We will likely find that out at Celebration 5 as that's when they plan to give us some scoop on Spring 2011 waves.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Yeah, the next TPM wave is slotted for Spring 2011.  They would not say at Toy Fair if Ratts would make the cut for that one.  We will likely find that out at Celebration 5 as that's when they plan to give us some scoop on Spring 2011 waves.

Hey Jeff - did they give any indication on why they didn't give us a peak at the ROTS wave (Vintage Wave 2)?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Because they had to save stuff for SDCC and C5. 

It sounded like SDCC will have Waves 2-3 (RotS, RotJ) and possibly Wave 4 (AotC).  Then C5 would have Wave 4 (if it didn't make SDCC) and previews for Waves 5-6 (ANH, TPM).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2010, 10:03 PM »
Thanks for the info!
I am looking forward to the ANH wave with Ponda and the Scott Dr.!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2010, 10:19 PM »
Since I've wanted unfortunate Ratts from 1999, I'm sure he won't make the cut.  Again.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2010, 07:18 AM »
Because they had to save stuff for SDCC and C5. 

It sounded like SDCC will have Waves 2-3 (RotS, RotJ) and possibly Wave 4 (AotC).  Then C5 would have Wave 4 (if it didn't make SDCC) and previews for Waves 5-6 (ANH, TPM).

While I do understand them holding things back, but why they have revealed figures like this:

Toy Fair: Wave 1 (ESB) and Wave 2 (ROTS)
SDCC: Wave 3 (ROTJ) and Wave 4 (AOTC)
C5: Wave 5 (ANH) and Wave 6 (TPM)

Seems like poor planning if you ask me.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2010, 01:36 AM »
I recently visited a local Target and was both pleased and disappointed...

What pleased me was that at least 2 cases of the TPM wave had been stocked - Obi-Wan, Amidala, Rum Sleg, Sidious, every figure from that wave. I had never seen Holo Sid, Rummy, and Amidala on the pegs before. And I finally scored Rum Sleg!  ;D (Hate his awkwardly sculpted legs...)

Now what disappointed me was the sight of this wave, altogether. Why? Because this wave was released August 2009. And I have NOT, at all, at this Target, ever seen the ROTS and ESB waves. I doubt this Target will ever get them, and I have no doubt that this situation is unique to this store only. The Legacy situation has become so bad that I regret to say that some stores won't even be able to catch up with new (now somewhat old) waves after gluts of pegwarmers are finally moved. I'm glad the line is starting fresh, because it'll be a way to finally move all the stagnant product.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 3, 2010, 11:58 PM »
I got a Rum Sleg/Sidious Hologram Chair Blockbuster two pack last week.  Those 2 packs have helped me get a lot of figures I otherwise would have skipped on.  Anyway, they had most of the wave in 2 packs there but this was the only one I bought.  Funds a bit low lately.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #163 on: March 4, 2010, 12:47 AM »
I have seen TPM wave as well lately...  Not a ton, but TRU had 2-packs and I've seen singles at other stores.  This, a wave that was non-existant here when it first came out.  It's the 2nd time I've seen Rum Sleg on the pegs of a normal retailer at all now, the only other time at K-Mart.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 6, 2010, 03:44 AM »
I've seen the Blockbuster 2-packs semi-frequently, and, to my dismay, every time I had seen them they were minus one figure. Each pack had been torn in half.  :(