Author Topic: Legacy Wave 8 - The Phantom Menace  (Read 42265 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 8 - The Phantom Menace (Fall 2009)
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 03:57 PM »
Its good to see a few others saying this was some of their favorite stuff shown, because I feel the same way.  I wouldn't have thought I'd be most psyched for TPM stuff, but the Obi-Wan is a figure I've really been looking forward to - and Phantom Menace figures in general have been pretty scarce, so it seems like a lot of them could stand to be redone from the '99 line.

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 04:08 PM »
I think along side the ANH wave 5 that this is one of the best divised waves.
I am dissapointed  about the tyrell corporation being on hold for another year or so, hope he and his family get the proper treatment ASAP!!

Rum sleg? Yowsa!!! ;D

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2009, 11:58 AM »
Hi-res pics of the figs with no watermark?

Sure, here you go!

Hasbro has already released a pic of Clegg Holdfast.

Sorry, no pic of the build a droid yet...

Enjoy!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2009, 12:07 PM »
The case listing at EE seems to suggest that Ratts and Clegg are a 2 pack.  If that's the case, I will be over the moon.  Fantastic wave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 04:09 PM »
I love Rum Sleg.  What a freak...  Is that his face, or is that a mask? 

Also that Gungan is 100% fantastic.  That may be one of the more ornate and well made figures of the last year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I just mentioned this in the AOTC wave thread, but I'm so happy we're getting an "ultimate" Obi-Wan from TPM with this wave.  Definitely a great year for Obi-Wan fans this year it seems.  I think that Gungan Warrior looks like a great figure as well, and a nice army builder.  I'm guessing it will make us want better versions of Jar Jar and Tarpals though.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 12:26 PM »
I just mentioned this in the AOTC wave thread, but I'm so happy we're getting an "ultimate" Obi-Wan from TPM with this wave.  Definitely a great year for Obi-Wan fans this year it seems.  I think that Gungan Warrior looks like a great figure as well, and a nice army builder.  I'm guessing it will make us want better versions of Jar Jar and Tarpals though.

I'm fine with an upgrade to both Jar Jar and Tarpals. After all they are not army builders. So I'd only need one of each of them. Though, I might get extra Jar Jars for other diorama scenes.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2009, 02:46 AM »
We got a loose shot of Rum Sleg, and a carded shot of Queen Amidala tonight.  Head on out to the front page to take a gander at both of them.  Sleg's rockin', and Padme fans have to be happy to get another of her ornately decorated figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2009, 07:56 AM »
Rum sleg looks much better in this lose shot. The Hasbro shot has his helmet shoved to far down onto his head, but THIS is the spacer who walked past camera in mos espa.
Nice!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Glad ya dug it Jono.

He's probably the most interesting figure in the wave to me, except perhaps Obi-Wan who's needed a resculpt for ages.

Rum's the closest to OT goodness though, to me, that wave could muster.  Freaky and obscure.  I dig him a lot.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2009, 02:34 PM »
Just an update...

We added 2 more carded shots, of Obi-Wan (Padawan), and Clegg Holdfast.

Head to the front page to check them all out, and enjoy.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2009, 03:41 PM »
This wave is looking really nice, it appears right up there with the current AOTC wave. I really like the Obi-Wan and Rummy.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2009, 03:55 PM »
I'd rank those as my current favs as well, though the Gungan is a fine looking army builder.  I won't retire my POTJ army, but instead I'll mingle them a bit, weapon exchanging and such.  I'm axiously somewhat curious/anxious to see what they can do with a Jar Jar in today's quality.  That'll retire about 3 figures off my shelf. 

Obi-Wan though, wow...  Is that overdue or what?  Same with the AOTC Obi, which I think may be one of the best character likenesses ever.  Humans are tough to nail, and that AOTC figure is spectacular.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2009, 06:37 PM »
I am retiring all of my old POTJ Gungans (Except the two Faamba ones I have) but kept the weapons to mix it up when these hit. I could not agree more the AOTC & TPM Obi heads are spot on. Unrelated I feel the same way about the BP Endor Han head. Whoever is sculpting for them deserves a raise. I updated all of my Hans with that head.

I am very much looking forward to see what Hasbro has in store my interest is back big time! (I never left but I am more intrigued, It's been too slow with core line product.)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2009, 06:44 PM »
Agreed, and I wish I could've gotten extras of that BP Han for that reason.  Great figure.  I'd have liked him for my coated Han, as a replacement.

Hell I'd have dug the extra Scouts too, to make some generics with removable buckets too.