Author Topic: Legacy Wave 8 - The Phantom Menace  (Read 42265 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 8 - The Phantom Menace (Fall 2009)
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2009, 07:31 PM »
Found most of this wave at a Wal-Mart in Austin, Texas this afternoon. Pics coming in a minute. They had Obi-Wan, Amidala, Gungan, Holo Sidious, and topless Maul. Bought all 5, but I probably won't open them until tomorrow. Holo Sidious is a HUGE disappointment, as it looks too small.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:56 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2009, 02:28 AM »
Welp, I knew this was coming I guess.  Time to start hunting around.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2009, 07:47 PM »
I heard the Amidala is the disappointment - uses the legs of 2008's Breha Organa. And her hands are too chubby  ??? and instead of having a powdered face, her face is flesh-toned. Ouch, Hasbro, ouch.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Holo Sidious is a HUGE disappointment, as it looks too small.

Not really.  That's how he looked on screen as far as I recall, but yes - looks small.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2009, 09:23 PM »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2009, 03:20 PM »
Ah, gotcha. From the huge hi-res prototype pics it looked like Sidious was supposed to be a full sized figure.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2009, 03:35 PM »
Ah, gotcha. From the huge hi-res prototype pics it looked like Sidious was supposed to be a full sized figure.

It does look like something that should be packed in as an accessory with another figure though!

Especially at $8 a pop.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2009, 12:47 AM »
I see BBTS has this wave in stock

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2009, 01:21 AM »

Yes and for $12 a piece it's such a bargain.

Why would anyone want to be ripped off by scalper prices for a wave that has barely hit retail yet?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:25 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2009, 01:29 AM »

Yes and for $12 a piece it's such a bargain.

Why would anyone want to be ripped off by scalper prices for a wave that has barely hit retail yet?

Sometimes it's a legitimate alternative as it saves the time and money going from store to store turning up empty handed.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2009, 01:49 AM »
And they usually give you close to retail on cases and sets of figures ($8 to $9 a pop).  Like Jayson said, that extra $8 to $10 total is worth it to me instead of driving all over the country to find jack squat

I will say though that their single figure prices have skyrocketed in the last few months...and the $12+ they charge is rediculous

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Too true. But they couldn't sustain those prices if people didn't buy them.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2009, 01:18 PM »
And they usually give you close to retail on cases and sets of figures ($8 to $9 a pop).  Like Jayson said, that extra $8 to $10 total is worth it to me instead of driving all over the country to find jack squat

I will say though that their single figure prices have skyrocketed in the last few months...and the $12+ they charge is rediculous

I agree.  I've noticed their individual figure prices creeping up more and more with each wave it seems.  I've been ordering sets of the Legacy stuff there, and it isn't much more than retail overall most of the time.  Plus, if I hadn't, I think I'd still be looking for some of both the ESB and AOTC waves, instead of being caught up on those long ago.  The CW stuff I just wait and see if I can find at retail, because I'm picking and choosing and not quite as impatient about that stuff ;).  Actually, in some cases, the prices for Legacy seem to be better than CW there anymore.  I see some of the "sets of 4" for a wave of CW going for $60, which is a little steep.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:19 PM by Brian »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2009, 01:44 PM »
And they usually give you close to retail on cases and sets of figures ($8 to $9 a pop).  Like Jayson said, that extra $8 to $10 total is worth it to me instead of driving all over the country to find jack squat

I just had my order shipped from BBTS today with 1 full case and 5 extra Gungans. While I agree that the individual prices are not too desirable and increasing I am willing to pay to not waste my time searching. The gas, time and traffic avoiding is easily worth an extra $25. If you order the case it's really not bad and the pile of loot option is great!

What really sucks is New Force Comics, D&S Scifi World stopped getting stuff in and taking preorders. They used to be great to order from and always got it before everyone else. While I had all good experiences with them, EE is so slow anymore to get anything in. Plus with no exclusive this year I did not have much incentive to order from them. BBTS is really the only reliable game in town right now. I have everything on preorder from them up to the EU wave. Need I say more about Brian' Toys? Ecommerce as of today does not have reliable/reasonable competition.

If you really stop and think how often stores been getting stuff in, how barren they are and how much SW collector competition there is a few extra bucks seems like a real bargain.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:45 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2009, 04:52 PM »
Good news on the gungan warrior, I just opened one up and put him next to the POTJ version, and despite the fact that the new one is SA, they look very very good next to each other.  The new one will mix in very nicely with your existing POTJ gungan army.