Author Topic: Legacy Wave 8 - The Phantom Menace  (Read 42322 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 8 - The Phantom Menace
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2009, 02:24 AM »
I actually like the likeness a lot...  They even got that wart on his forehead/brow area.

I think it is pretty good though...  The braid seems a tad long, but I'm pleased with this figure top to bottom.  Ball joint hips would've been nice, ala AOTC Obi, since TPM Obi's pretty acrobatic.  I'll live without those though.

Mine is currently f'ing up some Droids on my scanner.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2009, 01:55 PM »
I'm really diggin' the Obi-Wan...just don't like his unpainted lightsaber!  >:(

And I'm gonna post it here since it's part of the TPM case, but, from the Jawa w/ WED droid 2-pack, can the little canister thingy he has and that black backpack-like thing (attached to the ion gun) be stored on the vest/belt at the same time?? I see only one hole on the vest, but can't find another.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 03:59 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Don't get me wrong.  I do like the new Obi-Wan figure, I just think it could've been a little bit better.

Since my callsign is Obi-Wan, it's become a major focus in my collection (just look at my collection thread), and I tend to really scrutinize the Obi-Wans in my collection.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2009, 04:00 PM »
 It is a good figure, but yeah, it does have some downfalls  :(
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:02 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2009, 06:39 PM »
Downfalls aside overall it's a fine looking figure and should be in all our collections.  If it just had a ball-jointed hips this figures would make us all proud to own it.  Go Kenobi you rock!  Yeah! 

Yes, a bit lit right now  ;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2009, 11:35 PM »
Opened my set today:

Obi Wan: Kind of a let down.  Like everyone has said, the articulaton is there, not quite as good as AOTC Obi.  The elbow joints don't even have enough range of motion to allow him to hold the saber with both hands effecively (at least on mine) and that's annoying as hell.

Queen Amidala: Missing a lot of paint detail - they usually put a lot of effort in replicating the elaborate outfits Padme wears, but just missed it.

Clegg Holdfast: I like him, and he's a good background figure, but I really wanted Ratts. 

Gungan Warrior: Fantastic figure.  I love the accessories.  Got two.

Darth Sidious: I really like this.  It's inventive and unique among figure offerings, and I don't think it's too slight to be a figure (no more so than Clegg). 

Rum Sleg: The figure of the wave.  A really great effort, and a figure that for me was starting to reach Wedge status (remember when POTF2 began, and we all had the figure they had to do?).

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2009, 12:00 AM »
Rum Sleg: The figure of the wave.  A really great effort, and a figure that for me was starting to reach Wedge status (remember when POTF2 began, and we all had the figure they had to do?).

I'm happy with this figure - at first, I was like, "Who the hell is this guy?" Glad Hasbro made him, the colors are vibrant, the sculpt is excellent, and the character design is 100% great.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Yep, I'm not a Legacy man but I had to rush out and grab Rumsleg. Everything about this guy screams coolness to me.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2009, 11:47 PM »
Yay! I got Obi-Wan!  :D I only saw the Gungan, Clegg Holdfast, and Jawa from this case assortment, and I've already bought Gungan and Jawa before....

I'm somewhat disappointed!  :'( To me, his body seems totally disproportioned! I think he looks better with his cloak on - glad Hasbro included it! Don't care too much about the likeness whether it's not good or not.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 2, 2009, 02:29 PM »
Rum Slegg has to be one of the coolest background aliens from the PT - the mystery factor isnt as high as say Boba Fett, but the buzz for the figure is huge.  I've had a heck of a time trying to find him, each time I saw remnants of the wave, he was always gone - so I tried a store called Kohls and found one there - its worth checking out if anyone else cant find him as well...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 2, 2009, 02:33 PM »
I had a hard time tracking my rum down as well.  Kohl's has come in pretty handy these past few holiday years on toys - at least for me.  It's the only retailer out there that I was able to find the ROTF ice cream truck at.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2009, 02:40 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 7, 2009, 10:50 PM »
You guys are lucky to find remnants of the TPM wave ... my local stores are mostly getting the ROTJ wave, and I still new a few figs from the TPM wave  :(. If I could only get one more figure from the TPM wave, it'd be that cool-as-hell Rum Slegg!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 8, 2009, 09:52 PM »
I had a hard time tracking my rum down as well.  Kohl's has come in pretty handy these past few holiday years on toys - at least for me.  It's the only retailer out there that I was able to find the ROTF ice cream truck at.
I stopped at Kohl's this weekend after reading your comment but they only had Yarna, Stass, and the Organas.  ::)

Did we really need MORE stores carrying those? Ugh.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 9, 2009, 12:56 PM »
TPM wave must go fast, cuz it disappears fast from my local Targets and gets replaced by the ROTJ wave (minus the good figures (Luke, Leia, Numb)).  >:(

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 9, 2009, 03:03 PM »
TPM wave must go fast, cuz it disappears fast from my local Targets and gets replaced by the ROTJ wave (minus the good figures (Luke, Leia, Numb)).  >:(

Have you found the Ewoks yet? I need those little guys from this wave.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010