Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Battlefront 2 Multipacks  (Read 9125 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
TRU Exclusive Battlefront 2 Multipacks
« on: November 14, 2008, 01:09 PM »
On the otheR Site, someone has posted a pic, with a receipt showing they bought the Clone set at TRU for $40 in Indianapolis.  Anyone see these?  I think that's the price they were thru Previews, right?
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:55 PM »
CorranHorn, a buddy of mine from Chicago, also saw these at TRU stores as well...  Very odd. 

I'd like the Gonk from the Droid set, and a couple of the Clones from the Clone set, but I'm reluctant to blow $40 on anything right now, much less half-hearted sets that are a bit overpriced with repainted figures (for the most part) in them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 04:01 PM »
I'd like the Gonk from the Droid set.

It was the only saving grace for that set IMO.  The clones were alright, but nothing to write home about.  Kinda weird that these are showing up at TRU, but maybe that'll open the door for future exclusives.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TRU Exclusive Battlefront 2 Multipacks
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 08:10 PM »
Since these versions of the Battlefront II sets are technically "new" (they are now in Legacy packaging), I'm splitting these posts off and moving them into the Legacy line section.  I don't think any changes have been made to the figures, but the packaging has definitely changed if you're into that sort of thing...

30AC version:
http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/tacBF2clonesboxfr.jpg

Legacy Version:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/1452.JPG
(both pics courtesy of RS)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 08:22 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 08:18 PM »
Wow this came out of left field. I don't know where the TRU in my area is going to have room for them though with the 50+ Evo sets they have out and the 20+ BPs. These should see the shelf around Easter.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 08:44 PM »
Yeah TRU has tons of Evo sets out but around here they're not the better sets for the most part.  It's mostly Padme, Fett's without logos, repacked sets, etc.  :(  Pilots are still sets that go here except Reb set 1 lingers a good while since even WM has that around, and for a better price than anyone else.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 10:17 AM »
Neat that these sets are in the stores. Glad I have everything I need from them, though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 02:23 PM »
I haven't seen pics of it yet, but the word is that Hasbro is also reissuing the Battlefront II droid pack, too.  IMHO, Hasbro would've been much better served by just reissuing the clones.  The droid pack was pretty lackluster in comparison.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 05:45 PM »
Personally, I love the droid sets. But then again, I got my four sets at $12 ish apiece. At $40, I think I'd have passed. In any case, I'm passing on these reissues... I have all I need for each set, and they're way overpriced.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 01:50 AM »
Personally, I love the droid sets. But then again, I got my four sets at $12 ish apiece. At $40, I think I'd have passed. In any case, I'm passing on these reissues... I have all I need for each set, and they're way overpriced.

How did you get 4 sets at $12 each!?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 09:16 AM »
I saw one of these sets (the Clone one) at our local TRU this weekend.  Not something that interests me really, but good for those who were still wanting to pick one up.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Hmm, this is cool about the clone set.

I only have my boxed set, I still need one to open.

Now I wonder what the price of it is though. Be nice if it was under $30...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 09:17 AM »
I think they're about $40.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 10:30 AM »
I think they're about $40.  :(

Well at that price it's an easy pass. The idea with buying multipacks is to SAVE money. Otherwise, what's the point of picking this up? We can buy the individual figures for the same price in total. Granted these have new weapons or decos, but that does not significantly impact the cost to Hasbro for these. Since the tooling already exists, the costs are minimal to them, thereby making the sets easy, quicker, cheaper to produce. So why the high cost to consumers?

I don't need another 501st or Galactic marine. While the grey Bacara is cool, I'm not begging to have him at full price. The jetpack trooper is indeed cool, and along with the engineer clone may be the gems of the set, but they reuse most parts from previous molds. So for the full price? 5 figs at $40 is $8 per figure....no way.

This could have been an army building set. At $30 or less, it would have been priced to SELL. Instead these will trickle out, IMO. There really isn't an advantage to buying this set in store VS online.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Found them at TRU today and they are indeed $39.99.  Easy pass.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today