Author Topic: Recent Purchases  (Read 43077 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Purchases
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 01:02 PM »
Got the "Star Wars Essential Atlas" for my birthday. Very cool.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 5, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Picked up the Star Wars Encyclopedia tonight for $37 at SFBK.  Also bought the Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary for my boys.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #32 on: September 9, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Scored several Legacy of the Force hardbacks and the Star Wars Visual Guide from my local Half Price Books last weekend. All in perfect condition and it sure beats paying full retail.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 2, 2011, 08:41 AM »
Ended up picking up the HC version of NJO Final Prophecy the other day for <$20 shipped.  All I have left to get is Traitor in HC to finish off the series.  Been trying to track that down at a reasonable price for years now.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 3, 2011, 08:41 PM »
All I have left to get is Traitor in HC to finish off the series.  Been trying to track that down at a reasonable price for years now.

Well, I convinced myself tht $50 was a reasonable price to spend on Traitor and pulled the trigger today.  I'm calling it a birthday gift to myself.  So I now have the full NJO series in HC.  I'm very please to have finally tracked these all down.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 4, 2011, 12:05 AM »
Is  Traitor going for $50!?  I don't remember paying anything close to that for it.  Maybe that's one I got in paperback.  Congrats on completing the series.  While there were a few misses early on, I still think the NJO series is my favorite EU storyline to date.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 4, 2011, 11:07 PM »
Is Traitor going for $50!?

It's going for almost twice that normally.  I think the cheapest I've seen it sell recently on ebay is $80 shipped.  It was a crapshoot finding it on Amazon though.  I contacted the seller and he said that it was a brand new copy.

I never started the series only because I didn't have all of the books.  I'm really looking forward to sitting down and reading these now.  Will more than likely go from NJO right into Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 5, 2011, 09:10 AM »
I had no idea recent books could sell for so much. Glad I bought it when it came out in book stores originally.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 09:09 AM »
Picked up "Vortex" for $14 hardcover and "Red Harvest" for $10 hardcover at a used book store yesterday. Nice to get them for half and 1/3 price.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 6, 2014, 07:29 AM »
Finished "Crucible" last night. Liked it up until the climax and now I am really confused where the novels are going to go from here.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 02:24 PM »
Finished "Crucible" last night. Liked it up until the climax and now I am really confused where the novels are going to go from here.

Not that anyone else reads this thread, but I was just thinking that Walt God.... I mean Disney coming in and deciding what did and didn't happen in the EU, probably is exactly why this book ended like it did and why it is a stand alone. Boooooooooooooooo. Thanks for ruining Pixar and Star Wars Disney (SW still to be determined).

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 06:43 PM »
I'm still here Nick...

I recently picked up both the Making of Star Wars and Making of Empire Strikes Back.  Finished the Making of Star Wars and absolutely LOVED it.  Can't wait to tear into ESB and get ROTJ once I'm done.

Does anyone know if there are plans to do the same books for the prequels?  Not that I want to drop another $150 for these, but I would if they are done this well.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 09:30 PM »
Does anyone know if there are plans to do the same books for the prequels?  Not that I want to drop another $150 for these, but I would if they are done this well.

I'm assuming you don't want to wait for the 30 year anniversaries for those, right?  ;)

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2014, 07:31 AM »
The "making of" books that came out along side each of the prequels were actually pretty detailed IIRC. They're not the same format as the new OT ones but they are very rich in information. If you haven't read them already you could pick up where ROTJ leaves off and be satisfied IMO.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 4, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Picked up "Tarkin" this morning. So excited!