Author Topic: Recent Purchases  (Read 42989 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Purchases
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2018, 11:42 PM »
I see the book of propaganda posters is on sale places too.  I need to pick that up.🤔
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 3, 2021, 09:32 AM »
Admins, please feel free to move this to the appropriate thread, I wasn't sure where I should post it.

The wife is forcing a renovation of the basement and I had to choose between Kubricks, Lego and my book collection.  Unfortunately the book collection lost.  Do any of you know what the appetite is for pre-Disney era books on the secondary market (i.e., not marked as "Legends")?  Trying to determine if it makes more sense to try and sell these or just donate to a local book store in my area.  Thanks in advance for any advice given.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 6, 2021, 02:10 PM »
I know about five years ago I was picking up some of the books aimed at 10 year olds - Young Jedi series.  I don't know if these were Legends or not.  They were all going for roughly face value on eBay, so not a ton of money, but you might get some cash back for your trouble if you sell them.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 6, 2021, 03:05 PM »
Thanks for the reply Dave.  I've been looking also and there are one-off editions that could score more than face value as they are limited run hard covers, but like you said, most are face value or less depending on the series.

I may post them on the Classifieds first to see if there is any interest before trying eBay, but I ultimately think these will end up at the used book store in the end.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #64 on: April 6, 2021, 05:17 PM »
If I were you, I would start at the used bookstore just from looking at the ebay threads here it seems to be a hell of a hassle for sellers.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 7, 2021, 10:18 AM »
If I were you, I would start at the used bookstore just from looking at the ebay threads here it seems to be a hell of a hassle for sellers.

Yeah, outside of rarer editions I don't think they are worth much.  I would bring whatever you have to half price books and see what they offer.  I think I ended up just donating mine years ago.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2021, 12:55 PM »
It’s free comic book day today.  I guess COVID threw off the normal schedule. Two high republic comics are in the mix.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2021, 06:59 AM »
It’s free comic book day today.  I guess COVID threw off the normal schedule. Two high republic comics are in the mix.

Crap, where did that come from!?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today