Author Topic: CW Super Vulture Droid  (Read 11782 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CW Super Vulture Droid
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 02:04 PM »
It looks pretty close to-scale too...  I agree, this is probably one of the things I'm most looking forward to, especially if it transforms.  Much better than the 3 dinky lame ones we got for Episode 1, that's for certain.  There was a model rocket made that used a scale Vulture Droid, but it's a single piece for the most part, so this is much better.

I'm anxious to see it in person compared to figures now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 06:28 PM »
This was one of my favorite things shown at Toy Fair as well, and I just saw some of the "transforming" pics over at Han's Hideout this morning.  That made it that much cooler.  I've often been on the fence with continuing the prequel era ships (due to space), but they are really coming out with some nifty ones lately.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 09:16 PM »
The Vulture Droid played a pretty big role in ROTS actually, and it plays an even larger role in TCW so I'm pretty excited over this thing.  I think besides this, the Republic hover tank was the only other vehicle that really got my collecting juices flowing.  That tank looks badass and also to-scale...  Combined that's some easy money from me for Hasbro.  Especially since I'll want a couple tanks and at least 3 Vultures if it is indeed scaled right.

It's nice to have SOME vehicle to look forward to in '09 since there's not much else "big" I'm buying except for figure packs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 09:37 PM »
Totally psyched about this fighter. I'll agree with Jesse, this and the Hover Tank look boss and are the highlights of the $20 assortment. I'm game for four of these suckers to combat my Republic fleet and armored battalions, since they can do both. The walking feature looks great and I cannot wait to get one to try it out myself. Do we have an ETA at stores for this and the Magna Guard ship? Online shops have this as February/March while Hasbro said June.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 10:48 AM »
It's hitting store now as I was able to pick one up yesterday along with the Magnaguard Fighter.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 10:58 AM »
I saw the Magnaguard fighter yesterday but I'm passing for now until I have an extra $25 plus tax.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 03:32 PM »
I saw your pics at Yakface, Jayson.  really nice scale comparison.  If I had to guess, it's just right, which is a darn nice thing for me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 10:23 AM »
I opened one of these up last night. It's weird to have one of these in a larger size after handling the original offering for so long. It's nicely done, no doubt about that. Nice and solid, well designed toy. My only beef, it would have been cool to have the "nacelles" collapsable to make them more compact for flight vrs. fight mode.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 10:25 AM »
I did see both this and the MagnaGuard fighter at Target last weekend, but didn't really have the funds to pick either one up.  I wouldn't mind grabbing at least the Vulture Droid at some point though.  I thought the box for this ship seemed super light, but I guess that continues with the theme of "less for more" with Hasbro lately.  Our Target at least still has these at $19.99 though (so far).

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 12:23 PM »
Got the Vulture Droid last week. Definitly worth the $20, despite the light box. Assemlbed, the ship is pretty big. In walking mode, it's huge. The toy reminds me of the Spider Droid. Doesn't feel like much, but when assembled feels like it's worth $20 or more.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 02:41 PM »
I agree...  I was surprised how light the box was, then assembled it's quite a decent little vehicle.  Lots of missles, lots of good paint detail, it's fairly sturdy for the design actually.  Both walking and flight modes are actually sturdy.  It pops apart for a pile of droid parts thanks to a Jedi...  It's neat.  It's also to-scale by the best of my estimations since I didn't have time to measure and compare, however comparison with images from the films indicates it's pretty spot-on.  I've had a Boomer Droid standing under it in walking mode and it matches hangar shots from TPM quite well.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 03:51 PM »
Echoing the sentiments of others, this really is a great toy.  I've been wanting a well-done Vulture Droid since the TPM deluge of ten years ago, and it's nice to finally get one done right.  I hope I'm not alone in actually wishing for a TPM/green repaint of this somewhere down the line, as it's one repaint I would gladly buy.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 05:58 PM »
I hope I'm not alone in actually wishing for a TPM/green repaint of this somewhere down the line, as it's one repaint I would gladly buy.

HASBRO    ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 1, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Yeah, I'd buy the TPM/green version too.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 1, 2009, 10:13 AM »
Yeah, this ship is totally worth it. My wife found one of them plus a Magnadroid fighter. Both are worth the pricepoint, IMO. Now if we could only get the CW Y-wing to come down to about half of what we are being told it's going to sell for...

The size of the Droid SF and Magnaguard fighters is totally on par for the price. The fact that the Droid SF transforms is all the better.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010