Author Topic: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope  (Read 75025 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope (Fall 2009)
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2009, 12:41 PM »
I'm liking the scanning crew. at least 5 for me, no more than 10 though. Aliens sweet.

I'm not liking Han/Chewie/R2. I guess I've come to the point that I have enough of them and these just don't offer enough of something different to warrant buying them. (Except those darn BaD pieces...)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2009, 01:11 PM »
I like just about every figure from the wave.  I don't really need a Chewie with a headset or Han with removeable stormy armor.  Especially at $7.50 but I would not mind getting them either.  I guess it's a must if you want the B-A-D?  Anyway, the Scanning Crew Member is fantastic with all the accesories.  That will be terrific with the BMF.  I still want my Bom Vimdin though!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2009, 02:19 PM »
Hasbro Presentation: Imperial Scanning Crew will be a running change with 2 different crates.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 02:20 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2009, 02:23 PM »
Hasbro Presentation: Imperial Scanning Crew will be a running change with 2 different crates.

Thank God for that. I mean can you imagine if we weren't going to get a choice of crates? I don't even want to think about it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2009, 06:15 PM »
That's actually outstanding considering they're pushing both around the hangar...  I'm pretty excited, plus hopeful for a head variant or a deco variant to the head.  I think it's fantastic though.  It's definitely the best army builder of the Legacy Line that was shown.  Plus long overdue for a resculpt.

When will we get a new AT-ST driver using most of the parts is my question now. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2009, 11:53 AM »
The Scanning trooper alone makes this the most expensive wave for me. I'm in for at least two squads, if not a whole company. Could be two companies if a way is found to make a At-St driver.

In general, a great choice of figures. The only one I'm not sure about it the Han, Snap-on type armor has never seemed to look good or work good.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2009, 12:12 PM »
How long before someone customizes a couple of "stripped" Stormtroopers?  Han and Luke got that Stormtrooper armor somewhere....

Love the Imperial Scanning Tech.  Its definitely the type of figure that my Wife won't understand why I'm buying, but I will anyway.  (To borrow a phrase from Hasbro, he isn't "aggressive" enough).  I really like the background and prop type of packins that hasbro has included (the scanning crates, moisture vaporator, cantina bar & stools).  Makes the figures feel much more complete...  (Kind of a stormtrooper without a blaster....)
I am not the Stig

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2009, 01:02 PM »

That's if Hasbro does not screw it up like the HRT. (Yes, I preached optimism to Jesse about this figure but I turned to the darkside once I found out he was barley going to ship and I am really pissed/bitter on that one!)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 2, 2009, 11:10 AM »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 2, 2009, 04:02 PM »
Its definitely the type of figure that my Wife won't understand why I'm buying, but I will anyway. 

I think I know what you mean, but I have to admit that's an odd statement, no?  A wife "shouldn't" understand an adult man buying any kind of figure for himself!  That doesn't stop ME, though  ;)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: August 2, 2009, 04:27 PM »
His gear boxes are some of the most exciting stuff from SDCC...  well, to me anyway.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 3, 2009, 12:47 AM »
Me too Jesse... there's so many uses for those crates. Han needs something to smuggle his drugs in. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #117 on: August 3, 2009, 12:01 PM »
Me too Jesse... there's so many uses for those crates. Han needs something to smuggle his drugs in. :P

Didn't the Bearded one change that mythos as well? He did not like Han shooting first surley he would not the drug smuggling.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 4, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Kal fas ,Leesub, technician and Jawa for me-maybe chewie if i like the retail version.

Kal fas is pretty inacurate but i like it despite the trandos- mografication, as long as the eyes end up BLACK!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #119 on: August 5, 2009, 01:33 AM »
Han smuggled drugs...in fact, when Luke is doing his lightsabre training on the Falcon, there are giant bags of coke stuffed up in the rafters behind him.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com