Author Topic: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope  (Read 75248 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope (Fall 2009)
« Reply #225 on: November 1, 2009, 10:17 PM »
Hasbro said that it would be in the EU wave.  Problem is, the EU wave does not have a Scanning Trooper in it.

Yeah, I think they must have confused it with the Bespin Guard variant, which is supposed to be in the EU wave boxes.

I believe in an older Q&A Hasbro once stated that they were not 100% certain that it would be released during "Legacy" but I can't seem to find that one as I am presently lazy.

"The Scanning Crew member may not make it out in red/white line look but we will look for ways to eventually bring him out."
« Last Edit: November 1, 2009, 10:17 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #226 on: November 3, 2009, 10:16 PM »
I opened this wave up this morning (except the Jawa) and I have to say I am totally underwhelmed.

Han sucks...the paint on his arms doesn't match his shirt...his head is huge and the likeness is terrible.  The stormtrooper helmet is obscenely oversized...poor all around
R2 is a lame rerelease
Chewie is alright and huge but pretty much a lame rerelease
Scanning Tech is sweet as hell and probably the star of the wave
Kal Fas has been on my want list forever and the eyes deal bugs me to no end...hopefully the corrected one gets out
Leesub is nicely done but an odd choice
And talk about odd choices...why the **** is there a Ki Adi Mundi in this wave...and who in the sam hell ever wanted this figure?  He is cool and all but sticks out like a sore thumb

I realize that most of these figures don't appeal to me because I don't want them.  The R2, Han and Chewie have been explained as a way to expand out the core character group but they all suck.  And to top it off...I really don't care for the BADs this time either.  Part of the letdown is that the ROTJ was soooo awesome, these just pale in comparison

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #227 on: November 3, 2009, 10:34 PM »
Word on all of that.  I think R2 a bit more than you did, but man.  This wave is a let down.  I personally never would have chosen the pink lady.  Even in an era of obscure characters, I never knew she existed.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 3, 2009, 10:53 PM »
Wrong time for me to become an opener?  TPM wave was okay and ROTJ kicked ass, but I have failure to look forward to with w10?  This sucks.

I never knew she existed.

Same boat.  Had no clue.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 3, 2009, 11:07 PM »
I think this wave is pretty awesome.  I could do without R2, but I think if we're getting another Chewie this was a decent way to make it different (goes nicely with head-set Han and Luke)... any new cantina alien is grade-a in my book.

Concept Ki-Adi I don't really care about, but it's a nice figure.

The Han is a surprisingly nice figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #230 on: November 3, 2009, 11:15 PM »
I like Ki-Adi but not in an ANH wave, if that makes sense...  A future ROTS wave, sure, but for ANH I'd preferred seeing them give us a Sandtrooper maybe, or Tarkin, or something that had to do with ANH because either from the film or from concept, ANH has a lot that can be done...  Crowbarring ROTS stuff in is disappointing from that aspect.

That said I still like Ki-Adi's looks.  Of course I have no hope finding him unless they become easy to get on HasbroToyShop I fear. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #231 on: November 4, 2009, 08:02 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I love the Jawa and the droid (as I love all Jawas and droids).   ;D  Chewie I agree, cool update to an existing figure.  Ki Adi... I don't know.  I didn't really want him, and he'd be better off in a different wave.  A concept figure from ANH or any OT film would have been more appreciated by me.  Though there is a kick ass concept clone they've yet to do from that same Art of ROTS book.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #232 on: November 4, 2009, 08:32 AM »

Here is a pic of Han...note the white arms.  It is not armor...Han's undershirt is the tannish/yellowish it always is...white sleeves.  It is way more noticable without the armor on.  Also notice the ginormous helmet...which covers the ginormous head

And don't get me wrong either, both of Cantina aliens are great additions (except the inexplicable eyes) but this could have been a lot better wave IMO...such as releasing the R4 style R2 instead of this same inferior one that we already have 20 times over.  Ditch the Ki Adi for something from ANH...use the VOTC Han for the base of the figure with a spot on head sculpt and give him a helmet...etc

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 4, 2009, 06:27 PM »
I disagree that Leesub shouldn't have been made...she's been at the top of my cantina wishlist forever, under only the Tonnikas. It sounds like she and the scanning trooper are probably the only figures I'll be buying from this wave, unless Hrcheck's eyes get fixed.

Oh, and the Jawa. BTW I'm sure this has already been answered but does this Jawa have articulated knees?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #234 on: November 4, 2009, 07:19 PM »
It sounds like she and the scanning trooper are probably the only figures I'll be buying from this wave, unless Hrcheck's eyes get fixed.

They will be.

Oh, and the Jawa. BTW I'm sure this has already been answered but does this Jawa have articulated knees?

No, he doesn't.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #235 on: November 4, 2009, 07:22 PM »
It sounds like she and the scanning trooper are probably the only figures I'll be buying from this wave, unless Hrcheck's eyes get fixed.

They will be.

We were also supposed to get a beardless Hoth Trooper...are you going to hold your breath?
« Last Edit: November 4, 2009, 07:22 PM by Scott »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #236 on: November 4, 2009, 07:26 PM »
We were also supposed to get a beardless Hoth Trooper...are you going to hold your breath?

Good point.  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 4, 2009, 08:11 PM »
But yeah, Ki-Adi seems like an odd fit here.  He's a nice figure, but not something a lot of folks were asking for (were they?).

In all seriousness, yes-- this and dual-bladed Plo Koon were things I've been muttering for.  So I'm actually pretty thrilled.

R2 is a lame rerelease

You say "tomato", I say "about damn time we got one with a non-chrome dome, this is my favorite R2-D2 figure in years."

...and I gotta agree, I don't think we'll see the Kal Fas eye variant.  The run on this figure was most likely complete before Hasbro noticed.  (It happens.  The Tan AOTC Battle Droid was caught in early 2002 and made it out in the correct red color in early 2003.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #238 on: November 4, 2009, 10:09 PM »
After opening R2, I agree, he's the best version we've recieved in a long time.  I've never been a fan of the vac metal, either.  I'm also really looking forward to the BP version, which I think is the Sneak Preview body.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 5, 2009, 01:09 AM »
I've got most of this wave now.  And by far, my favorite figure in the wave is the Jawa with Security Droid.  Simply awesome!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback