Author Topic: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope  (Read 75280 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope (Fall 2009)
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2009, 09:25 AM »
Keep in mind that the helmet fit the Han pretty decently while the reused helmet was added to smaller heads.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 16, 2009, 10:53 AM »
Like Jeff mentioned, I can understand what Hasbro was going for with the Han, but it didn't turn out real spectacular.  I've said it a hundred times on here already probably, but I really wish they would just re-release the original VOTC Han.  To me, that is one of the best figures of all-time, and certainly one of the best Hans, and we've basically never seen that original figure again.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2009, 11:04 AM »
What I find puzzling about the release of the new Han is that we just got him in full stormtrooper disguise a couple waves before. On its own, without the helmet and armor, the figure is pretty good (despite the odd shirt coloration) and a decent upgrade to the POTJ version. Maybe instead of Han, we should have gotten a farmboy Luke with headgear to complete the Han, Chewie and Luke trifecta.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2009, 12:44 PM »
HTS.com has these up for shipping on 12/1.

In my experience, they usually ship even a little sooner.

Also Wave 11 and other goodies.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: November 16, 2009, 09:24 PM »
I just got this wave and my early thoughts are it's superior by a longshot to the ROTS wave...  I passed on Han and got Fett too.  I couldn't bear the Han figure.  I've opened nothing yet, but will later I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2009, 09:22 AM »
I opened up what I picked up yesterday.

R2 - It is want it is, nice figure to begin with with decent enhancements.

Han - cheep. I'm just choosing to ignore the helmet and chest plate. Basically, he replaces the POTJ version.

Chewie - nice enhancement, but when it come down to it, the above three figures are Malibu Stacy with a new hat.

Leesub is a decent new figure, glad this one is marked off the check list.

Ki-Adi-Mundi is a very nice figure, but I could care less about it.

R3-A2 - great upgrade, but I'm not sure how I feel about upgrades as opposed to new droids.

Without the Jawa and Hrchek in hand, I can already say that I liked the ROTJ wave better, though the Scanning trooper makes up for a lot of the slack in this wave single handedly.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2009, 12:54 PM »
Even then...  He's still rough.  I just don't get the figure I guess.  It was a new take, but not a great one.

I'll take a new Han with the Trooper Belt on for a DSE look, or LUke for that matter, but the Han...  That's a weak figure.  And the arms aren't the right color for the shirt, right? 

Eh, I'll nab that Fett and be happy, if he's even available.  At this stage this wave's rough to find locally.  I'm not so sure anyone's seen it yet actually.

I haven't found this wave yet. Heck, I'm still trying to find more gungans and the ewoks.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 19, 2009, 02:25 PM »
HTS.com has these up for shipping on 12/1.

In my experience, they usually ship even a little sooner.

Also Wave 11 and other goodies.

My ANH stuff shipped out today. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 27, 2009, 09:27 AM »
I agree the scan technician is stunning, we fancy a new variant with another head and removable cap (but it is not urgent)

I think the case of Chewie versions

How many times Hasbro can repack the same mold only with a few new accesories? In this case it was the headset

But indeed Chewie looks nice, (they have painted his nails), thye could have painted his fingers and toes in a different colour, not the same fur tone. only one lip make the difference in the head, but Hasbro should reconsider the paint job in Chewie votc case, for  areal update (must be complete if they continue the repacks of this mold)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2009, 09:42 AM »
I finally picked up Kal Fas and the Jawa to finish this wave. Both are very good figures making up for the Han, Chewie and R2. The R4 is alright, but the whole R4 designation on an R2 body will always bug me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2009, 02:32 PM »
GRR, I still need this whole wave.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 1, 2009, 01:24 AM »
GRR, I still need this whole wave.

I haven't seen this wave AT ALL. Maybe during/after the holidays. Which means the ROTS and ESB waves ... man, too far away!  ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 1, 2009, 09:42 AM »
I've only seen the Han, Chewie, and R2, and couldn't bring myself to buy any of them.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #283 on: December 1, 2009, 11:22 PM »
Chewie's not bad, nor is R2.  I find the Evolutions Chewie to be perfect, and I gladly bought even a Legends one when I saw it so I had a nice new Mynock Hunt Chewie...  The headset Chewie goes nice with Headset Han.  I plan to display them as the two driving my BMF whenever I can open it up and hang it somewhere.

R2's nice because he's sporting the restraining bolt and whatnot...  Not perfect, but he's not terrible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 2, 2009, 12:10 AM »
I spotted Boba the other night and ended up passing... I thought I wanted that figure (since it has the logo the Evolutions set is missing) but in the end I decided that it wasn't worth $7.50 for the logo. Also the colors are too comic book like... kinda reminded me of the original action feature Boba from 2003.

The R2 is really tempting too, but I have enough of him with the VOTC sculpt. Yeah the restraining bolt looks great and so does the non-metallic dome, but again, not worth $7.50 to me, and I'll continue to wait for the R4-G9 sculpt.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks