Author Topic: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope  (Read 75002 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope (Fall 2009)
« Reply #300 on: December 12, 2009, 12:53 AM »
And assemble Cody's belt upside-down. Which, according to the Big H, isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 18, 2009, 07:16 PM »
I watched the ANH 1977 version last night just to find all the characters from this wave. It was funny, I found all the characters. And I also saw the Spacetrooper for the first time! I wouldn't have noticed him if Hasbro didn't make the basic figure.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 20, 2009, 12:26 AM »
Wait, the spacetrooper is actually in the films?  I always thought that was an EU thing.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 12:27 AM by Rob »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #303 on: December 20, 2009, 07:00 AM »
Yes, i think the 2 of them are only visible on the bottom of the screen on the widescreen/letterbox releases as the Falcon is being pulled into the Death Star.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 07:02 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #304 on: December 20, 2009, 08:52 AM »
In fact the trooper is "screen accurate" in that they used Joe Johnston's head for the sculpt (who played one of the troopers)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 20, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Wow... no ****.  Was that only in the Special Editions or was it always that way?

I've got some rearranging on my shelves to do...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #306 on: December 20, 2009, 02:58 PM »
They've always been there :)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 20, 2009, 03:27 PM »
I was always wondering why they used that dude's head. Wow. I like the history to this guy.

And I had to pass up a Jawa with security droid at Target. Totally regret it (he's SO hard to stumble across!).  :'( I would have got it, but didn't have the money... sigh .... such is life ...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 20, 2009, 04:57 PM »
They've always been there :)

I believe in the old storybooks you could see them.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 20, 2009, 10:25 PM »
Wait, the spacetrooper is actually in the films?  I always thought that was an EU thing.

Freaky...I had no clue - same with the recent pink chick from the Cantina.  Gotta love those split second characters from the movies.  What the hell else is Hasbro going to pull out of their asses in 2012-2018 with the OT?  Loves me the Spacetrooper though.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2009, 01:24 AM »
This wave's been surprisingly sparse near me.  Not much sign of it anywhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2009, 03:05 AM »
I've seen far more of this wave than the ROTJ or TPM waves, that's for sure.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2009, 03:32 AM »
TPM was rare here, but ROTJ wave is a dime a dozen anymore, mostly since early December...  some figures are still tough to track down from it, but the wave in general has become findable.  Leia is the only figure still completely uncommon, but all the rest can be found in some capacity...  the skiff guards and Malikili are everywhere.  Target got it in heavily first, as did TRU and K-Mart later, even up till last week...  WM didn't get as much of it for a while, but they're getting it now for some reason (revision cases) and it's become a lot more common there now as well. 

TRU and KM were the only two I saw any ANH wave at, and they've dried up at both pretty much, except the pink chick and some repacks.  TRU had just gotten some ANH wave in last week for the sale and they're all gone now it seems.  KM's only got ROTJ wave now, if they even have that after their sales last week also.

ROTJ's actually starting to pegwarm here though now...  Malikili's are fairly common at this stage locally at every retailer.  Not a TON of them though, at least, but definitely a routine sight now.

ROTS hit harder than all of them till the ROTJ wave surge of the last couple weeks which is now everywhere.  Some ANH repacks of that hang around too, with the YVH droid part.  ROTS wave's probably still the easiest to find at any given retailer still though.  Those WM Pallets helped that along.

TPM I saw in abundance only one time, and that was at a temp toy store at the local mall.  LOADS of TPM all for $10 a figure.  Only time I saw the complete TPM wave ever.

ESB 2.0 has been very dry here.  One quick hit of a couple cases here and there, and if you were lucky you got there when a full set was on the pegs or you didn't get a full set (yet).  I'm still hoping to find 4 from that wave yet to be all caught up finally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 21, 2009, 01:18 PM »
The ANH wave is just starting to hit sparsely in my area. Same with you JesseJames, the TPM wave was OVER-abundant at least one time, and now it's completely gone. The ROTS and ESB waves have yet to strike.  ::)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope
« Reply #314 on: January 1, 2010, 03:01 PM »
I finally saw this wave for the first time today, and they were all in BOGO bonus figure packaging.   ;D
"Really?  Sorry."