Author Topic: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope  (Read 74998 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope
« Reply #315 on: January 1, 2010, 05:08 PM »
I finally saw this wave for the first time today, and they were all in BOGO bonus figure packaging.   ;D

Holy crap.  That makes no sense!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 1, 2010, 06:58 PM »
The best part was that they were packaged together.  So the Leesub Sirln was with the Jawa/Security Droid; R2 was with Boba; etc.  I already had the Evolutions Padme that was hooked to Kal Fas out of the Evolutions pack, and the Scanning Crew members came with red clone commandos, but hey, for free, I ain't complaining.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #317 on: January 1, 2010, 07:24 PM »
I saw a couple ANH figures, but I saw more ROTJ wave in the BOGO format as well, and at Target.  But I did see a couple ANH figures in there too, as well as some from other waves.  A real hodgepodge.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 1, 2010, 10:58 PM »
Which figures do the BOGO packs cover/include?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #319 on: January 1, 2010, 11:08 PM »
At this point I'm not sure that is clear.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 1, 2010, 11:41 PM »
Well, what I've seen in person (just the Legacy figures, not the Legends, which are also paired up this way) includes:

ESB Boba Fett with R2-D2
Imperial Scanning Crew with Clone Commander Deviss
Rum Sleg with Darth Sidious Hologram
Leesub Sirln with Jawa & Security Droid
TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi with Gungan Warrior
Clegg Holdfast with Jawa & WED Treadwell Droid
DS2 Luke With Concept Ki Adi Mundi
Han Solo (with Stormtrooper helmet and chestplate) with Chewbacca (with headset)

...and some others I can't remember exactly that included TPM Padme, Evolutions AOTC Padme, shirtless Maul, Hrchek Kal Fas, Biker Scout, and Han and Luke in Stormtrooper armor.  And these aren't always paired up the same, but most of what I've seen is generally the pairs I listed.

What I haven't seen but have heard of:

Giran with Ewoks
Ugnaught with Nikto Gunner
Slave Leia with DS2 Luke
Saleucami Trooper with Major Panno
ARC Trooper with Nien Nunb

The quantities have varied, but I've visited six or so Targets in Western Washington and all had at least a few of these.  I'd be happy to help someone out if I can find what you're after in exchange for some of the ROTJ figures.  Prices and distribution have kept me out of the game for months, so I've been really excited to get caught up via these sets.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 2, 2010, 08:48 PM »
I've only seen a couple of variations on the BOGO's.  Mostly it's the TPM wave.  But I did see Saga Legends BOGO packs, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 2, 2010, 09:39 PM »
I wish they'd pair that 501st trooper with another 501st trooper... I'd buy a bunch of those.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 2, 2010, 11:51 PM »
I wish they'd pair that 501st trooper with another 501st trooper... I'd buy a bunch of those.

I saw one paired with a Super Battle Droid.  Not a bad pairing, IMO.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 3, 2010, 08:12 PM »

What I haven't seen but have heard of:

Giran with Ewoks
Ugnaught with Nikto Gunner
Slave Leia with DS2 Luke
Saleucami Trooper with Major Panno
ARC Trooper with Nien Nunb

Those are exactly the ones I've seen, and no others, both at WM and Target.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 3, 2010, 08:16 PM »

I saw one paired with a Super Battle Droid.  Not a bad pairing, IMO.

I must have picked up 3 of that particular set (SBD/501st) plus a few of the Sandtrooper/SBD sets. I saw a Shock Trooper/Clone Trooper (Ep.3) set but I passed on it. I almost regret that now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 4, 2010, 12:25 PM »
I STILL need the Chewie (with Orange droid part) from this wave... sigh, I don't think I'll ever find it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 4, 2010, 12:48 PM »
I STILL need the Chewie (with Orange droid part) from this wave... sigh, I don't think I'll ever find it.

The ANH is relatively new ... the ESB wave is barely hitting and the EU wave is coming in a few weeks/days(?).

Found the Jawa/Leesub BOGO pack. It was the only one on shelves ... shelves are a mess from the after-holiday shoppers! ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2010, 05:19 PM »
Any updates on this wave still being in the pipeline? Any recent sigtings of more of these? I saw pretty much everything last year at least once save for this wave...and I wouldn't have thought to look for it if I hadn't seen repacks of Han R2 and the Stormie.

Reading about this wave being found in BOGO packs disturbs me. Hasbro was clearing out their inventory with those but that doesn't mean this wave is all gone now does it?

The way I take what I've read latey (been out of the loop) there ought to be stuff that shipped to the stores and is stll sitting in the warehouses, being bypassed by the "fasttracked" later waves that would have been stuck even further back in the pipeline.

It would be nice to know if they are still making their way out to retail. Are the stores planning on selling us something until Vintage starts?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 26, 2010, 05:23 PM »
I was sort of wondering if we'd continue to see at least the past couple waves of Legacy ship for a few more months or not as well.  With the EU wave now being TRU exclusive, its going to be pretty barren as far as movie figures go for quite some time.  I know I haven't seen anything stocked at our local stores as far as Legacy goes for quite awhile, and I think I could count on one hand how many there are on the pegs (1 each of Leesub Sirin and Rancor Keeper at Target, and that's about it last I checked).  I thought maybe we would at least see more of the ESB wave, which only hit here one time (at Wal-Mart) that I've seen.