Author Topic: Legacy Wave 11 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 54068 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 11 - Revenge of the Sith (Fall 2009)
« Reply #150 on: November 6, 2009, 09:51 PM »
Plo Koon is totally out of the question a huge head scratcher for inclusion...it is a great figure articulation wise and that is welcome...no full robe...the mask sucks ass and does not stay on...and there are 50 Plo Koons already at Wal Mart right now if you want him...lame

Agen Kolar was my surprise thought I would hate him but actually love him.  I cannot believe they screwed up the lightsaber though. Especially when the picture on the back shows blue

IG-88 again is nice but doesn't make a lot of sense here...at the very least they should have flip flopped and have the concept Art Ki Adi in this wave and IG in the ANH wave.

Aww, don't be so harsh on Plo! I really like this figure ... and I agree with this on the Concept Art mismash. Doesn't really make sense on Hasbro's part.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #151 on: November 6, 2009, 10:35 PM »
The Jeremy Bulloch head, does it fit on any of the recent Boba Fett bodies? 

Not easily.  You could dremel down the Evo Fett peg ball to fit the head, but it's too big for the Fett Helmet to fit on it anyway.  Same goes for VOTC Fett, the head ball is way too big for Jeremoch's head.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #152 on: November 7, 2009, 12:23 AM »
He's a tad "old" too.  I'll wait for the likely Lt. Sheckill and hope he has a removable hat. :) 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #153 on: November 7, 2009, 06:24 AM »
He's a tad "old" too.  I'll wait for the likely Lt. Sheckill and hope he has a removable hat. :) 

Speaking of that does Colton's head fit on Needa's body?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #154 on: November 7, 2009, 11:29 AM »

Speaking of that does Colton's head fit on Needa's body?
Yes...Needa's head does not look so hot the other way though.  Good call on making an easy Lt Sheckil :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #155 on: November 9, 2009, 09:33 AM »
Does the boil & pop method work on ball jointed torsos? Cody's belt is assembled upside down placing the colored ammo boxes on the wrong sides of the body as well as Obi-Wan's hilt and I'd like to correct it.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2009, 09:34 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 9, 2009, 11:39 AM »
I got a chance to open these over the weekend too, and it isn't too bad a wave.  I felt much the same as when the wave was first announced, it just isn't all that exciting.  Not that the figures are bad though.  I really like the update on Cody, a figure that did need it (especially articulation-wise).  The Agen Kolar figure is nice too.  I'm a fan of Plo Koon, but as others have said, I'm not sure that this figure is really necessary.  Their are some minor improvements, and the saber gauntlet is cool, but the face mask just doesn't seem to be executed very well.  The Utai is nicely done, but a two pack would have been better.  Colton is cool just for the aspect that it is Jeremy Bulloch's character.  I actually really like the concept IG-88, aside from the odd wave placement.  It just looks "old sci-fi"-ish to me, and I really enjoy it.  Overall, a pretty nice wave, but just a little boring I think.  I also might be a little ROTS-ed out.  If they would put out the requested Palpatines and Padmes, I think I'd be pretty happy with the lineup we have from that movie now.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 9, 2009, 12:53 PM »
I'm a fan of Plo Koon, but as others have said, I'm not sure that this figure is really necessary.  Their are some minor improvements, and the saber gauntlet is cool, but the face mask just doesn't seem to be executed very well.  

I'm surprised Hasbro just didn't go out for an alternate head. That would have been much easier asthetically, although of course there would be costs.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2009, 12:54 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2009, 02:44 AM »
I agree with the previous opinions on this wave...

I wasn't compelled to buy any of these figures twice, except maybe IG-88 which is really a badass looking concept figure.  Aside from him though, they're just boring and I'm wondering if I too am burned out a bit on ROTS maybe.

-Jeremy Bulloch guy...  I like the cameo figure idea.  He's boring though, just as Antilles and Organa were in the similar duds.  I find it funny so many people throw a canniption over Wilrow Hood though at other sites, but not this figure.  Go figure.  I'm also going to forever call him "Ham Hands Jeremy" because of those giant mits he has.  Weird!

-Agen Kolar...  This figure just feels unnecessary to me.  I liked the ROTS figure a lot, and this one's just not different enough for me to care.  Maybe because he does so little in ROTS too, but I'm just "meh" with him.  Plus again no saber hilt.  WTF?  Plus the apparantly wrong color saber to boot.

-Plo Koon...  I actually like Plo "Beef Curtains" Koon more than others I guess, but his mask DOES fall off quite easily.  I like the updated sculpt, the removable mask, the EU saber gauntlet, and better articulation...  I dislike no saber hilt (again), his mask falling off, and a general lack of NEED for more Plo...  Though I'd say I blame that 100% on the Legends figure, and would rather be swimming in a sea of a better Jedi like this one than the Legends figure is.  That Plo Legends though needs axed now, as does Sae Sae Tinn.

-Utai...  I could live without EVER getting another tiny figure alone, again.  A figure like the Utai or a pod racer needs a big accessory.  Jawas come with droids, Ugnaughts had computer consoles...  Utai should've had cargo boxes or something, anything.  Likewise on Podracers...  Pack them in 2's or don't make them.  I'm serious.  I don't give a **** about Ben Quadrinaros or Utai enough to pay $8 for them because I want the droid part that bad.  Jawas and Ewoks are done fantastically, and I wish that was the final model for "tiny" figures.  Call me a jerk for that, but it's how I feel.

-Concept IG-88...  BADASS!!!!  I'll buy a 2nd easily if I see another.  My favorite of the wave hands down.I like the pistols too, and how they holster.  Very clever I felt.  Just a superb figure though, and well sculpted, articulated, decorated, accessorized.  I like it!

-Commander Cody...  Almost as much as I love Concept IG-88, I liked Commander Cody.  I was actually surprised how much once I got him.  He's a very worthy update due to the previous figure's oddly sculpted ankles other details.  The articulation updates are incredibly helpful posing him though with ball/jointed hips now and the ankle joints and shoulder joint updates.  My sample's got a pretty nice paintjob actually.  He does lack a silver antenna which is weird because there's a dab of silver just below it actually so it wouldn't have been too difficult to fix that.  The antenna's a tad thick in sculpt as well, compared to the previous figure.  I also noticed the small shoulder logo is missing but I don't think that's all that major.  Annoying, but I wouldn't cite it as Fett's chest logo (in terms of importance), so I'm not bothered.

I like that the oranges are a bit more subdued, there is a lot of damage and deco markings added to this figure that the previous one lacks (grey on the forearms, grey soles of his boots, etc.).  There is indeed damage sculpted in without paint in it but the previous figure's no different.  It's odd and I'm not sure whereall Cody should have damage deco at this point, and where he shouldn't.  His legs seem to lack damage deco all together though, just sculpted pock marks in his armor.

His accessories are nice too...  Helmet, holo sidious (that's teeny tiny), tiny communicator sidious attaches to, and a blaster rifle and backpack.  Everything Cody should have.  Very nice.  I may actually consider a 2nd Cody for a deco update or something.  I like that his head has a nice updated deco with a ring of distinguished grey...  He's lived a long life for a Clone so I find that neat.

And lastly...

-Terminator BAD guy...  Not my favorite by a longshot.  I don't know who he is, and I don't really dig him much.  I won't work to build a 2nd for sure, which I often do with a lot of droids.  This one's lame though.  NJO I think, not sure, but not a figure I'm wild about.  Not a wave I'm over cartwheeling about.  I like them, I'm glad I have them, but I'm glad I can move on now to other stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2009, 06:49 PM »
I'm surprised Cody doesn't have ball-joint wrists like 2008 Gree did from TAC. And Cody' sbelt is upside down. Oops!  :P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2009, 02:31 AM »
I picked up an opener set of this wave this morning and I just opened it now.

I gotta say this wave is really nice and with the exception of the ANH continues a pretty good trend of new figures in the 2009 Black/White Legacy Collection.

The Commander Cody figure is a nice upgrade, the ball jointed hips are a nice touch. I can't get the lightsaber to plug into the hole in my Cody's belt, which is okay since as others have pointed out, the belt was put in upside down.

The Jeremoch Colton figure is nice, I think I like it because now we have a third "behind the scenes" cameo figure - for everyone out there who likes to get figures signed, you now have something to get Jeremy Bulloch to sign that is actually a representation of him.

The Utai is a nice sculpt and well articulated.

Plo Koon and Agen Kolar are nice upgrades/updates of the previous releases - now if Hasbro would just stop putting the older version of Plo Koon in their Legends line, we'll be all set.

The Concept IG-88 fits in nicely with the McQuarrie figures from 2007. I'm sorta confused as to why the Concept Ki-Adi-Mundi wasn't in this wave and the IG-88 wasn't in with the ANH wave, but oh well.

At first when I saw photos of the YVH-1 I was like "what is the Terminator endo-skeleton doing in the SW line?" but once I learned the story behind these droids, I was cool with it being offered. It's definitely a nice addition to the BAD sub-set of figures.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2009, 01:39 PM »
I'm hoping we get a Concept Plo Koon sometime down the road. If you notice, the Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi concepts have similar outifts:

Customizers could take advantage of the new ANH-wave Mundi concept figure.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 7, 2009, 09:11 AM »
I opened this wave last night and I have to say, while the figures are well executed, this is one of the most lack-luster waves to date. I hate the Colton figure, totally boring. I dig the Concept IG-88 and the Utai, and the Cody is a welcome upgrade, but also having two other upgrades is way too much. I also have no love for the BAD. It's nice looking, but I have no idea who the character is. I'm looking forward to the ESB wave.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 8, 2009, 01:52 AM »
The ANH wave just hit my local Target, which means the ROTS wave is hopefully coming sometime before the next 5 years...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 9, 2009, 04:20 PM »
Don't worry, I've yet to see anything from this wave either.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks