Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 6 (aka 2009 Wave 3)  (Read 17124 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Clone Wars Wave 6 (aka 2009 Wave 3)
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 11:03 PM »
Yeah!  I saw that, what a trainwreck.  The rest look good though.  I really wish the ARF had that grey camo, would have been a much more unique figure.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 12:49 AM »
I'm sure the ARF trooper will look great on our non-existant AT-RT.  :P In any case, it's the biggest let down of the Wave. Looks like a G.I. Joe figure... worse even. Hopefully it's fixed before release.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 09:28 AM »
I was disappointed with that ARF trooper as well.  I thought it was a neat character in the series, but the figure just doesn't look too good in these new pics.  Can't wait to grab those Jawas though.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 12:18 PM »
The whole wave looks superb, especially the Jawas. ;D

....with the exception of the ARF Trooper, of course. Jayson said it all in his post.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 07:21 PM »
I'm sure the ARF trooper will look great on our non-existant AT-RT.  :P

I'm sure the AT-RT from ROTS will be rereleased as part of the now-$25.00 Starfighter assortment at some point in late 2009.  But, in typical Hasbro fashion, they won't include a figure, will drop the electronics, and make a random claim about "rising production costs" necessitating the whole fiasco.   ::)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 1, 2009, 12:00 AM »
I hate collecting this line, really I do.  I question myself EVERYTIME I approach the register...But the Jawas are cute - and I assume will be carded individually versus a dual pack like the Bespin midgets were supposed to be......Hopefully I can quit after a few more waves.....just a few more and that's it.... :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #36 on: May 1, 2009, 12:23 AM »
I hate collecting this line, really I do.  I question myself EVERYTIME I approach the register...But the Jawas are cute - and I assume will be carded individually versus a dual pack like the Bespin midgets were supposed to be......Hopefully I can quit after a few more waves.....just a few more and that's it.... :-\

Nope the Jawas are a two-fer.

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 6, 2009, 06:30 PM »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 6, 2009, 06:57 PM »
I'm sure Hasbro will cheap out and card each one of them.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 10:08 PM »

Brain bucket on and off shots of Commander Gree...  Thanks to our anonymous source for the images, and man is his hair funky.

Also we have these other shots of him, bucket on and off, sporting a BFG as well.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:25 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2009, 04:46 PM »
I haven't bought a Clone from this line since Cody, but I'm getting Gree. I like that figure, and the BFG is icing on the cake.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2009, 06:54 PM »
Word.

I'll get the Jawas for sure, and some of the other troopers - Gree, Thire, Bly, Matchstick - but it's surprising how much my interest in these has gone down.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2009, 07:23 PM »
My interest hasn't been there at all... I wonder how long the CW stuff will sustain itself.  Will it hold the kiddo interest for a few more years? 

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2009, 08:47 PM »
My interest hasn't been there at all... I wonder how long the CW stuff will sustain itself.  Will it hold the kiddo interest for a few more years? 

Not if these price hikes continue. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Word.

I'll get the Jawas for sure, and some of the other troopers - Gree, Thire, Bly, Matchstick - but it's surprising how much my interest in these has gone down.

Yeah, my interest hasn't been as high lately either - maybe due to the wait for Season 2.  With my overall collecting budget getting tighter (not to mention the space to display this stuff), I consider dropping more and more of the animated stuff all the time.  It isn't that I don't like it, some of it is really nice, but if I have to choose one or the other (realistic/Legacy or animated/CW), I'm going to opt for the Legacy stuff.  Plus, with prices getting higher, it is just tough to afford all of this stuff now.

Although, like others have said, I'll pick up the Jawas for sure.  There are others that look nice (like Gree), and a few of the "featured players" that are new to the SW universe like Cad Bane.  I think that I'd likely pick up any animated figures that are of characters that also appear in the OT (like the Jawas, droids, Yoda, etc.), as I continue to hope for an animated OT era series :P.  Outside of that, I'm really considering what to do with this line.  Like I said, I enjoy the figures (and even more so, the series), but it seems like an easy place to make a cutback.  I've said it before, my wife has said that this stuff is for the kiddos now like the vintage line was for my age group in the '80s, and I should probably just listen to her :).