Author Topic: Newforce  (Read 15771 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 13 case canceled???
« Reply #30 on: August 8, 2003, 12:05 AM »
Yeah, but it says "some".  Am I in that "some"?  Are you part of the "some"?  I feel bad for Rick, it's got to be as frustrating for him as it is for us.   ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
NewForce
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2003, 10:39 AM »
I ordered the wave 1 screen scenes from Newforce and I'm a bit concerned that Hasbro is going to screw over newforce again like they did with wave 13. This, of course would mean that we end up not getting our orders. Anyone here order these?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 12:44 PM by OCB »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Who ordered the Screen Scenes from NewForce?
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2003, 10:47 AM »
I was thinking the same thing since I ordered these quite a while ago.  With these being in stores for several weeks now, I thought their shipment would have arrived.  Guess we will have to just cross our fingers again.  

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2003, 11:06 AM »
I ordered them too and have since scored them at Target.  I emailed Rik at Newforce to ask and he said that the order is still open until he gets official word from Hasbro.  I do think that by the time wave 2 hits the stores it will possible that wave 1 will go unfilled like Newforce did wave 1 of the Clone Wars multipacks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2003, 01:25 PM »
Rick's been pretty open about how they don't always (or usually) get stuff prior to retail outlets, especially when distribution is "on" from Hasbro, which it seems to be right now.  

I ordered them and I'd really hate to see another miss.  I lost out on wave 13 and I'm just about to order some more unleashed from them, so....

Offline Bosskmr

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2003, 02:23 PM »
I ordered them as well but picked up a set at Target.  I wanted 2 of each anyways for diaramas

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2003, 02:28 PM »
Same thing, i ordered but as I have been for a while CMA by buying stuff when I see it and either trading or returning what I do get.  So far I've been lucky, but I also live in America  :-* (Sorry brent ;))

So...I'm holding out hope these do come because they are really nice sets.  The whole Retailers aren't ordering drivel is pretty pointless right now to me

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2003, 02:32 PM »
I ordered from newforce too, but too often they aren't getting their stuff these days it seems...  

I might start ordering from another site instead.  I like newforce a lot, and it sucks if Hasbro is screwing them, but if I know I can get my stuff somewhere else, I will probably do it. :-\

I did find these at Target too, and they are awesome.

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2003, 02:39 PM »
I wouldn't put my faith in another e-tailer though either CHEWIE, if Newforce isn't getting their stuff, neither is EE or Kebco or Yestertoys or other big etailers...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Newforce
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2003, 12:01 PM »
I received my wave 13 case from Newforce yesterday. Everything was well-packed as usual, and all the figures are mint on card.

Unfortunately I found most of these figures at retail, so I only needed the Wedding Padme, Barris Offee, Coleman, and red Battledroid. The rest I'm planning on selling off at retail price, so I'll put them on the Classifieds board soon.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2003, 03:19 PM »
I also recieved my Wave 13 from Newforce yesterday.  Perfect condition, except my Darth Maul who I intended to leave carded was loose in the bubble and his lightsaber is bent in a lovely U shape.  And Yoda's hand fell off.  And so did Aalya's arm.  

After my Wave 15 debacle, where I recieved two Chewie's and no Hoth Han, I've decided I won't order online anymore.  Nothing against Rick - it's not his fault by any means.  It's Hasbro's.  But apparently the only to ensure getting what I want is to inspect it in a store before I buy it.  And if I don't find it, I don't find it.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2003, 09:52 AM »
Sounds like Newforce got shut out on the Screen Scenes...but do have Wave 2 or Wave 3 (Wave 1 and 2 in a case) up for pre-sale shipping next week!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2003, 02:17 PM »
Thanks for the tip, OCB.  

I thought my order was cancelled (and I haven't received an email stating it was shipped) so I emailed Rick and within a short time I got my reply:

hey
we have not cancelled your order...in fact, I believe you filled and are in shipping now?
unfortunately, we presold almost 800 cases +sets of these...it is logistically impossible to email everyone that we could not fill (over 650+), hence we have to rely on our website page for updating (our email update list is defunct, and we are creating a new one)
so, no worries for you
rick

So it looks like I get to see how great these figures are after all!! :D

« Last Edit: September 14, 2003, 07:16 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2003, 12:47 AM »
Has anyone got any suggestions of other etailers that could be used?  This is not to say I am unhappy with Newforce, but it's been a challenge of late.  I know Rick is busy and always responds to my emails, but seldom actually answers all the questions I ask.  I have a number of items pending, but clearly I'm not on the high priority list.  

I'm not sure if it's that I am in Canada or not, but for some reason I seem pretty low on the the priority list.  I check Newforce on a pretty regular basis (i.e. daily) and if I see something I want, I order immediately.  A number of the items that have been in limited supply I know I ordered early enough to be included.  I say this because they weren't up on the site in the am, but later the same day I went back, they were there and I ordered.  Within hours or minutes of it being made available.  Mucho frustration for me.  

Back to my original point, I don't know what I do or do not have coming anymore and that is really frustrating.  There was a point, based on my orders through Newforce, I believed I was mostly caught up, but now I haven't a clue where I stand.  Not to say they aren't getting the shaft from Hasbro, but this is getting downright goofy.  

Kebco is ok, but I have to see what they're going to do with shipping and timing.  Yestertoys is all right based on past experience, but I'm no fan of being charged 'handling fees'.  actionfigureexpress.com or whatever the appropriate handle is has the set of four screen scenes for just under $80 so I may try that.  

Bad enough being a Canuck, but I can't even keep up playing on American cyber space :-\

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2003, 01:35 AM »
I think I'm done with NEWFORCE.  At least for now.  They seem to cancel about everything nowadays, and when they DO get things in, it's weeks or months after they hit sufficient quantities in stores.  Either someone isn't keeping on their toes around there, or Hasbro is screwing them.  Either way, my patience has worn thin.  Wookies aren't know for their patience you know.

:P