Author Topic: Boba Fett Collection  (Read 114755 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett Collection
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2009, 02:03 PM »
The cost per box of 12 helped make up my mind. I hit a buy it now of $133 for the carded set, and with shipping it should be about the same price or a little less than a box. I miss the chance at the chases, but I think I'm ok with that (for now....).

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Out of curiousity, for those that will track them down, how are you going to display them?  The only difference in the L and J rockets are the backs of the figures.  Are you going to display them backwards??

Actually the L-slot chase has no coloration (solid blue) so I'll be displaying mine normally (if I get on) as for the J-slot version, I'll be showing the back.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2009, 02:24 PM »
I'm in for the new chase as well.  The only chase I'm iffy on is the vintage colors version.  I gotta think that's the 3/48 version, so if it drops to the usual price range for those, I'll still pick it up given the gun is different.  I'll be ecstatic if I score one of the rare chase figures in my box  :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Out of curiousity, for those that will track them down, how are you going to display them?  The only difference in the L and J rockets are the backs of the figures.  Are you going to display them backwards??

Actually the L-slot chase has no coloration (solid blue) so I'll be displaying mine normally (if I get on) as for the J-slot version, I'll be showing the back.

Yep, I realized that after I posted that the L-slot Chase is solid blue.  I could see displaying that one like normal.  I just can't get excited about the other two chases.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2009, 03:25 PM »
I'm still psyched for this set and called NCS again today to check on status.  They are still on track to ship out within the next two weeks apparently, so shouldn't be too much longer...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2009, 12:36 PM »
Blister has these in stock now in Japan and is shipping.  I know that doesn't mean anything directly to any of us, but you should start seeing more chase pieces showing up on the bay soon enough. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2009, 12:41 PM »
Yep, should be interesting to see what these chase figs will go for on the bay. Dale grabs hammer & looks a piggy bank.  :D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2009, 02:14 PM »
Yeah, likewise.  I'll apply my usual patience though - nothing until I see what I get in my box (crosses fingers and toes) and then I'll wait longer for prices to drop.  1/96 chase pieces mean $100-110 to me before shipping, so that's what I'll have to deal with.  I'm happy I didn't chase the prequel 1/96 stuff though. 

Oh yeah.  I'll trade Yak Face for the L or J slot Fett, providing they are the 1/96 chase pieces (man I'd be happy if one of them was the 3/48). 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2009, 02:57 PM »
(man I'd be happy if one of them was the 3/48). 

Since the J-Slot and L-Slot figures come from the same box, I'm hoping the ratio turns out to be something similar to what the Stormtrooper Han/Luke chase figures were, where they actually ended up being closer to 1:48 by the time it was all said and done.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2009, 03:06 PM »
Ooh, I really like that suggestion.  I really very much enjoy Medicom's attention to vintage detail as much as anything else. 

I'm probably looking at not seeing my box of figures for about two weeks though.  It should go out today in Japan and then when it arrives there it will be re-routed to me.  The wait is killing me especially after seeing the chase figures.

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2009, 03:48 PM »
Since the J-Slot and L-Slot figures come from the same box, I'm hoping the ratio turns out to be something similar to what the Stormtrooper Han/Luke chase figures were, where they actually ended up being closer to 1:48 by the time it was all said and done.   :)

This is what I'm hoping for also, hopefully they will end up at 1:48 prices + "Boba Fett" tax  ;)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2009, 05:29 PM »
Oh yeah.  I'll trade Yak Face for the L or J slot Fett, providing they are the 1/96 chase pieces (man I'd be happy if one of them was the 3/48). 

I might take you up on this if I end up with one of them.  The L slot Fett is more appealing to me only because it looks different than the J slot version, but neither one is a must have for me.  Yak on the other hand would definitely be in my wheelhouse for a trade.  I'll keep you posted.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BFLV

• Youngling
  • Fan of kubricks
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2009, 06:34 AM »
News secret

Boba Fett prototype rocket in grey, so cool

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2009, 06:37 AM »
It was posted a page back, 3 chases for this collection.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:38 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2009, 12:50 PM »
The paint scheme on the B&W repaint is actually kind of nice.  Honestly, I'd be happy to pull any of the three chases out of the box that I bought but I may actually go after the two Rocket Fetts if the prices aren't completely outrageous.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"