Author Topic: Front Page News  (Read 28322 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Front Page News
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 11:58 PM »
That's not quite how I heard it.   ;)  Besides, we just got that breaking story on the AT-TE Replacement Legs shipping.  Did "the guy" help post that scoop?

Maybe he did, who knows?  Can you prove he didn't?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 10:12 AM »
How pray tell did you hear it?

Maybe he did, who knows?  Can you prove he didn't?

Well, based on the comments earlier in the thread, the front page is dead due to lack of interest among the remaining staff to either do it themselves or show others how to do it.  I don't see any comments there saying that the lack of news is the result of not knowing how to update the page.

And I'm certainly no detective, but the front page news posts have a date and name at the bottom of each story.  I currently see posts from Scott, Jesse, and Ryan.  So yeah, I can prove that its not just one guy who knows how to do it unless you're going to tell me that these are all the same person or that they've all come down with amnesia.   ::)

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 10:28 AM »
Maybe the guy who left and took the page-updating instructions with him also took Scott, Jesse, and Ryan's log-ins with him.  Did you ever think of that?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Maybe the guy who left and took the page-updating instructions with him also took Scott, Jesse, and Ryan's log-ins with him.  Did you ever think of that?

#1 - You're missing the point.  If it was a log-in issue, then why the responses from staff that they just don't care about front page updates? 
#2 - There are posts on the front page dated well after the guy who left decided to leave.
#3 - Chris has made it pretty clear that this is his site and he pays the bills.  Why wouldn't he at least have access to log-ins if he's footing the bill?
#4 - The guy who left is still on here if we're talking about the same person - he just retired.  If he had log-ins the staff needed, he seems to be the kind of guy who would help them out with that.

Sounds to me like you're trying to blame the guy who left for either stealing the know how or the IDs.  Are you implying that the guy who left is somehow trying to screw over JD?  Sure sounds like it.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 12:30 PM »

:P

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Like they say, a picture says a thousand words.   ;D

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2009, 02:27 PM »
#1 - You're missing the point.  If it was a log-in issue, then why the responses from staff that they just don't care about front page updates?

Simple.  Because after the guy stole everybody's log-ins, they stopped caring anymore. 

#2 - There are posts on the front page dated well after the guy who left decided to leave.

This proves nothing.  The guy who left, he comes back every once in a while and posts an update while logged-in as someone else because he feels sorry for running out on JD.

#3 - Chris has made it pretty clear that this is his site and he pays the bills.  Why wouldn't he at least have access to log-ins if he's footing the bill?

Because the guy who left stole Chris' log-in, too.

#4 - The guy who left is still on here if we're talking about the same person - he just retired.  If he had log-ins the staff needed, he seems to be the kind of guy who would help them out with that.

Not from what I heard.

Sounds to me like you're trying to blame the guy who left for either stealing the know how or the IDs.  Are you implying that the guy who left is somehow trying to screw over JD?  Sure sounds like it.

Don't sell your detective skills short just yet, sir, because yes, that is exactly what I am implying.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 02:46 PM by Matt »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009, 03:59 PM »
...that is exactly what I am implying.

Do you have evidence of any of this?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 04:01 PM »
Yes, but I'm not prepared to share it out in the open at the present time.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2009, 09:38 PM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2009, 10:36 PM »
Back on topic - the front page has new news!  Yay!  Nice scoop on those DPCIs...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Back on topic - the front page has new news!  Yay!  Nice scoop on those DPCIs...

I have it on good authority that the guy who left was online at the same time the DPCI story was posted.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2009, 11:33 PM »

I have it on good authority that the guy who left was online at the same time the DPCI story was posted.

And I have it on pretty good authority that no one cares.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2009, 11:58 PM »

Well, someone cares, or they wouldn't keep responding to this stupid ************* thread.

(Pssst:  And that someone I'm talking about is you.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:59 PM by Matt »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2009, 12:52 PM »

Well, someone cares, or they wouldn't keep responding to this stupid ************* thread.

(Pssst:  And that someone I'm talking about is you.)

Wow, I'm flattered that you would take the time to keep checking back here and posting replies for just me!  I mean, I heard from a few others that you have no life outside these boards, but that's still pretty sad. 

By saying no one cares, I was referencing several previous posts all essentially demonstrating that no one cares, as well as informing you that I had lost interest in the subject as well.  I guess you can't take a hint, so hopefully this response spells it out clearly enough for you.  Your sad cries for attention have inspired this final response from me, but by all means, continue to live out your dreams in the Front Page News thread.