Author Topic: 2009 New Years Resolutions  (Read 1507 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
2009 New Years Resolutions
« on: December 31, 2008, 10:35 AM »
My resolution for 2009 are as follows...

1. Reduce expenses on Collectables by $1000 so I don't exceed $2500 for the year.
2. Be a better roll model for my son by
3. Loose 30 lbs.
4. Only have McD's and/or doughnuts 1 time a month for breakfast.

I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 New Years Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 11:39 AM »
Here are the ones I definitely need to accomplish this coming year:

Mental Health
-Be a better father to my sons by yelling less, talking/listening more, not correcting everything they are doing, and having more fun.
-Be a better husband to my wife by accomplishing task #1 (which she is constantly reminding me I need to do), arguing less, and spending more time with her instead of doing mindless things like watching tv or surfing the internet.

Physical Health
-Start working out again so I can lose the 20-30 extra pounds I need to to feel good about myself again.

Financial Responsibility
-Cut down on the trivial items I spend money on, other than Kubricks! ;D
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:51 AM »
I think #1 needs to be focusing more on my two boys.  They are 7 months and 2.5, so they are at a very fun age.  Its just too easy to fall into a routine of watching TV, etc after work, and not getting on the floor and wrestling with them..

#2 Spend more quality time with my Wife.  With two kids under 3, and me working two jobs, we haven't had as much time as we like together.  It'd be good to go on a couple dates a month.

#3 Cut down on soda.  For a couple years I've been drinking entirely too much diet coke.

#4 Prioritze spending better.  Find those things that are going to make me happy and focusing on those items only.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:52 AM by Keonobi »
I am not the Stig

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Well, I'm not sure exactly what to do for a resolution.  My wife's disability check came in for her maternity leave, so I've used it to pay off pretty much all of our debt.

I want to be a good dad and husband.

I need to be more flexible so I can run faster...I'm a softball junkie and am obsessed with speed and power.

Not sure if I really have anything else. I've never been a big resolution person.  Why not just start when you want to do something?  Why wait until the new year to accomplish a goal.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 01:05 PM »
No new resolutions.  I manage to keep that one every year.

While I always strive for continuous self-improvement, I don't think I have to reaffirm it every first of January.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 2, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Well said Matt. I'm pretty much in the same boat.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."