Author Topic: Screaming Tiki Con - Ohio  (Read 7541 times)

Offline sabresedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Screaming Tiki Con - Ohio
« on: June 19, 2008, 02:12 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know a friend of mine is putting on a show in Niles OH(between Youngstown and Akron), and has Peter Mayhew and Jeremy Bulloch confirmed as guests. He was going to have Kenny Baker, but due to his recent health he's no longer allowed to drive or fly. :(  There's also a 66 Batman reunion(Adam West, Yvonne Craig and Julie Newmar) and much more. The official site is:

www.Screamingtikicon.com 

His name is Peter Smith and dealer tables are now available. The new star wars costuming group, The 327th Star Corps, is supposed to be making one of their first Ohio appearances here. The con is in October so this gives people plenty of notice if you want to take a weekend off. I'll be setting up there, and I'll have plenty of vintage and modern toys available. Bring your want lists! There's going to be around 250 dealer tables, artist alley, roleplay, replica automobiles like KITT and the Batmobile(and Batcopter) and a large area for gamers as well. Mid Ohio con moved their date to be closer to his show, but with a limited guest list and the same tired dealers, I don't think they're going to be any competition. :wink:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Offline sabresedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: SCREAMING TIKI CON IN NILES OHIO OCT 17-19
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:07 AM »
Just bumping this since the show is this coming weekend. Gonna be a great time! 8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 02:25 AM »
Sounds like a real cool show James.  I hope it goes great...  Wish I could make the trip but gas is a killer these days and I just can't.  I'll catch you at the show out here at the end of the month though! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 04:47 PM »
I'll be setting up there, and I'll have plenty of vintage and modern toys available. Bring your want lists!

Do you ever set up at the CTS Columbus show? I'm just wondering if I've ever run into you there.

Tikicon should be a good show. I'm just not sure I'll be able to check it out due to lack of funds...
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline sabresedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
SCREAMING TIKI CON CLEVELAND JULY 10-12
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 01:26 AM »
Hey Everyone,

Another Tiki Con is scheduled for July 10-12 in downtown Cleveland. Here's the confirmed guests so far:

Ray Park
Daniel Logan
Helen Slater
Edward James Olmos (only his 4th show EVER)

with more TBA soon. The site will be updated starting on Monday.

www.screamingtikicon.com

Hope to see some of you there!

James

Offline sabresedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: SCREAMING TIKI CON CLEVELAND JULY 10-12
« Reply #5 on: June 1, 2009, 10:59 PM »
Michael Rosenbaum(Lex Luthor) has now been added. He's been nice enough to come to the show on his birthday. 8) Come on down and party like a rockstar!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: SCREAMING TIKI CON CLEVELAND JULY 10-12
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2009, 12:36 AM »
I'd love to make it to this show since Cleveland's a short drive from Pittsburgh, however I'll be redoing part of the bathroom at my girlfriend's because of bad caulking from the remodel, so alas I'll be too busy that week.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Screaming Tiki Con - Ohio
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 03:23 AM »
I went two days, and I had a great time with Daniel Logan (Boba Fett), Daniel went crazy with my son... some people thought we were family cuz my son looked like Daniel when he appeared in Episode II lol...

.Ray Park was a great guy as well (darn.. this guy can tell stories :), great team mate of Daniel...

But we spended more time with Daniel, this young man makes you feel like family even though I was shy (^_^)

.Sam Witwer was a very charismatic person as well...

.Michael Rosenbaum can make you crack your pants lol!

Others:

Helen Slater, Erin Gray,Edward James etc., were ok, but better to old folks.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:24 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline sabresedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Screaming Tiki Con - Ohio
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2009, 02:04 AM »
SCREAMING TIKI CON NILES OH NOV SHOW  POSTPONED

www.screamingtikicon.com

A NEW 2010 DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:19 AM by sabresedge »