Author Topic: Toy Fair 2009!  (Read 25027 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Toy Fair 2009!
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2009, 02:29 PM »
All of the "new" stuff looked great.  But anything with repaints in it, at this point, is a big pass for me.  I also have no interest in the comic packs coming up.  So for me, the single carded figs are what I'm sticking with, and they look great.  That TPM wave is one of the best Prequel waves ever.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2009, 02:43 PM »
I liked the Vong/Katarn pack but I agree, the comic sets were a bit underwhelming.  I'm pretty geeked for the WM exclusive packs whenever they start to show up, even the Marvel Ewoks, but beyond that the comic packs are so-so...  The LUke w/Lumiya looked goofy to me and Lumiya looked underarticulated (what happened to more articulation with a price hike on those sets?  Meh).

I'm actually pretty stoked to see the hover tank...  I thought that was one of the neater surprises.  It looks to-scale too judging by the hatch.  Thank god it's a small thing to begin with.  The Droid Fighter is high on my list too...  There was really some great stuff shown, but the increase in prices on almost everything means it's easier for me to pass on things like the Juggernaught and ships that aren't perfect.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2009, 03:18 PM »
I thought everything looked great for the most part.  Picked the right year to cut back though.  I'm a carded collector (for now) so I can't really comment too much on the figures to the level as others but that they all look fantastic.  The CW mini-rig was a real shocker for me though - looks like Hasbro finally listened to AP on that one.  Hopefully we get some more OT/PT versions.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CookieeMonster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2009, 05:35 PM »
Jesse from the pictures I have seen of Lumiya she is fully SA, you cant get much more articulated than that, I know the torso isnt ball jointed but I can live with that (its swivel which is fine).

Also the coloring on Lumiya is alot better than the coloring we have been getting, even the Luke looks ok.  Also digging the lightwhip, I hope when they go back to do more Marvel Star Wars characters they dont screw the pooch and make more like Lumiya in style unique characters with good paint jobs and SA all the way in the limbs and head, would be nice to get a ball jointed torso but I can live without it.

I am actually glad Hasbro took their time on these comic pack figures and hope they look as good when the are released and not mucked up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Lumiya didn't look to have knee joints to me.  I'll have to look again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2009, 08:11 PM »
I downloaded the Powerpoint presentation and Lumyia's knees look articulated.  The ankles do not though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2009, 08:17 PM »
I downloaded the Powerpoint presentation and Lumyia's knees look articulated.  The ankles do not though.

Tough call on the knees, but no ankles

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:23 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2009, 08:21 PM »
I think I was going by actual photos from the show and they weren't as clear...  She's improved but I still find that set a little goofy.  I do like that whip though, that's neat.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2009, 08:25 PM »
I think I was going by actual photos from the show and they weren't as clear...  She's improved but I still find that set a little goofy.  I do like that whip though, that's neat.

I revise my claim. The Hasbro photos, RS photo, JTA photo and our (Yakface) photo seem to convey that there is no leg articulation at all other than hip. Also most pic have the same leg stance, which scream preposed/statuesque to me.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:31 PM by Jayson »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05 PM »
I think I can still make out the pin lines in those photos now, but it does hide the joint very well.  i think it's there, but just very, very hard to see...  I'd not checked out those presentation photos of it, so I think I'm the one who was mistaken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2009, 09:53 PM »

I revise my claim. The Hasbro photos, RS photo, JTA photo and our (Yakface) photo seem to convey that there is no leg articulation at all other than hip. Also most pic have the same leg stance, which scream preposed/statuesque to me.

Look a little closer at that JTA photo Jayson.  The knee articulation is pretty well concealed, but you can see a seam as well as the pin in one of Lumiya's knee joints.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2009, 10:11 PM »
Thanks Nick. The more I think about it, why would they sculpt a horizontal seam there if was a static leg pose? Articulated it is.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2009, 10:01 AM »
I noticed that Adam May has answered a few Toy Fair related questions over at the Galactic Blogger.  He mentions that there will indeed be one pod in that Gunship battle pack, that there will be no dais in 2009 (although maybe one shown at SDCC?), and a few other details.

Offline CookieeMonster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2009, 06:13 PM »
To be honest I am glad they didnt give Lumiya ankle joints, can everyone remember Cankle Leia from the Comic Pack last year, lol.

And she has most definitely got SA Knees and Elbows, however thats for now, god knows what she will look like finished, we are talking about Hasbro here.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2009, 08:14 PM »
To be honest I am glad they didnt give Lumiya ankle joints

Um... I admit that I'm not paying too much attention because she's EU lameness, but I thought we just concluded that they did give her ankle joints?  ???