Author Topic: MLB 2009  (Read 30960 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: MLB 2009
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 01:21 PM »
Roger Clemens says he wouldn't take steriods because it would be suicidal. He said his family has a history of heart problems. His brother and STEP FATHER. Um, I didn't realize step genes passed on. I wonder if when you divorce a person and get a new step parent if you lose those genes too?

Maybe his step father passed him down a pair of blue jeans when he was younger, and he just got confused? ::)

(Excuse the lame ass pun. Lack of sleep is hurting my brain something fierce at the moment.)
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 01:41 PM »
I still think Roger Clemens is innocent.

LOL.  Okay not so much.

But I'm still giving Manny the benefit of the doubt.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 05:50 PM »

But I'm still giving Manny the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah. I missed it though. Did Manny end up having a boy or a girl? ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 06:32 PM »

Yeah. I missed it though. Did Manny end up having a boy or a girl? ;)

It was a boy  :D

Speaking of which, ever see his wife?

And on the right:

:o

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 03:13 PM »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 12:13 PM »
Have I mentioned lately that I hate the Yankees...  (stupid bullpen  ::) :().
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 05:34 PM »

AMEN!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 05:08 PM »

AMEN!!!!!

To go with that - have I told you how much I hate the Twin's Bullpen???
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 05:31 PM »

AMEN!!!!!

To go with that - have I told you how much I hate the Twin's Bullpen???

Also Amen

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 01:12 PM »
This had me laughing about Carlos Gomez:

"MILWAUKEE (AP) - First Carlos Gomez heard voices. Then he watched his iPod go haywire after he got out of the shower, sending him scrambling for the lobby without stopping to put on his pants and shoes.

The inside of the hotel has that ominous "Shining" feel to it. (Pfister Hotel / Special to FOXSports.com)
After last year's experience, the Minnesota Twins outfielder didn't want to go back to Milwaukee's Pfister Hotel. But Gomez had to stay there when the Twins were in town to play the Brewers last month, so he brought some protection: teammate-turned-roommate Francisco Liriano and a Bible.

"Everything's scary," Gomez said. "Everything in the hotel, the paintings and pictures, it's a lot of old, crazy stuff. No good, man. No good."

link

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2009, 12:57 PM »
So, last Friday night there was a NL West game between the San Francisco Giants and San Diego Padres. Other than those markets, probably not many tuned in to watch; however, it was significant because the Giants' Jonathan Sanchez threw San Francisco's first no-hitter in 33 years. It was also significant because Sanchez was making a spot start since being demoted from the rotation after posting a 2-8 record and 5.30 ERA during the first half. In 50 games started over the last four years, he'd never had even a shutout, let alone gone nine innings. And what makes the story all the more remarkable, is that his father flew in from Puerto Rico to see his son pitch a MLB game...for the first time.

I'll admit that I was watching the game last Friday, but after the fourth inning, opted to stick in a NetFlix. I'm kicking myself now. After the movie ended, I switched to the game and was probably 15 minutes late for the last pitch. I'd missed it all live but for the next hour and a half, I soaked in all the relived drama and interviews I could.

Last night, they replayed the game in its entirety and it was awesome. His pitches were electric and his curve was filthy. If not for an eighth-inning error, it would have been a perfect game. But to me, after waiting 33+ years to see my Giants throw a no-no, it was perfect. This is why baseball is special. Awesome, just awesome.

And I'll admit that I was riding that train pretty hard for the Giants to trade Sanchez to get a bat, any bat, but now I think they should at least keep him to see what happens. Will he regress or will he maintain what he learned during his demotion? Hopefully he'll be better and the Giants will have a starting three to rival all others. But if it doesn't work out and he regresses to his career 5 ERA, at least he gave us Giants fans a game to remember. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 02:03 PM »
I scored some behind-home-plate tickets for Tuesday's Ranger game against the Red Sox.  Not much else to report, but I haven't been to a game yet this year and the seats are great.

Of course, this time next month I'll be at a Cubs game. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 03:32 PM »
I'm sort of hoping for Pirate tickets (oh yes, I'm serious) from my gf's company.  They have a private box, and man that dessert cart rocks balls when it rolls around.  Best chocolate cake I ever had.  Plus big screen tv's to watch something good!  Oh, and 2 beers, all you can drink, all night! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 04:07 PM »
I'm sort of hoping for Pirate tickets (oh yes, I'm serious) from my gf's company.  They have a private box, and man that dessert cart rocks balls when it rolls around.  Best chocolate cake I ever had.  Plus big screen tv's to watch something good!  Oh, and 2 beers, all you can drink, all night! :)

I'm surprised you can't just walk into the Pirate's ballpark and watch for free anytime you want, at this point.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2009, 02:48 AM »
You more or less can.

Seriously though, tickets are cheap...  They sell alright because I think most who go just like baseball in general, and the roster's pay isn't worth a piss.  They're making money...  The park generally draws the "crowd" (they don't sell out by any means though).  Then there's fireworks nights, which they have almost every-other-night.  Everyone loves fireworks, right?  :D

Nice park, good food...  You may catch a decent team in town too, to play against them.  Eh...  It's a formula.

They were saying the other day on a local sports show how there's kids in college, who've never seen a winning Pirates team.  I can recall the Leland/Bonilla/Bonds/Van Slyke era...  It's becoming foggy to me though, haha.

But our ballpark is gorgeous, seriously.  :)  And that cake...  Man that was good cake.  Plus Newcastle beer all night.  And the TV's...  There's lots of things to do beside the game, basically.

They can't all be Steelers and Penguins I suppose.   >:D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77