Author Topic: Star Wars Marbles  (Read 13185 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Star Wars Marbles
« on: January 9, 2009, 03:26 AM »
BBTS has a preorder for the Star Wars marble collection up as with EE from Jakks Pacific.

Star Wars Collector Marbs

Star Wars Clone Wars Marbles

More images at Mousedroid.com

GEORGE LUCAS FINALLY LOSES HIS MARBLES

These almost look like the Starbles I picked up awhile back off the bay. Here’s a quote posted on RS from Scott Bradley:

There was a set of 12 of these Starbles sold through vending machines in theatres in Southern Ontario. Apparently, Southern Ontario was a test market, and the Star Wars Starbles never really took off, so they never saw wide distribution. You could also obtain a promotional kit/case that contained all 12 Starbles as well.

I also found this at actionfigureinsider.com plus they are listed on the archive.

I’m sure as heck not collecting these, just another way to bleed out another SW line me thinks.  :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Marbles
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 12:51 PM »
I forgot to mention, I did see these at our local TRU a couple weeks ago (I believe it was the Clone Wars "wave").  No interest here either, but I can't believe they are like $4 each.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 01:13 PM »
I don't know what they were thinking with these. I have seen them at all the TRUs in my area and I think one store has sold one marble so far. It looks like the Ziro is the "limited" platinum one in the first wave. But $4 for a single marble, really? I would be surprised if more than two waves of these ever make it to stores.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2009, 03:02 PM »
I bought the C-3PO/R2-D2 one since I am a sucker for droids merchandise, but these are a huge ripoff. $4 and they aren't even made of glass, as far as I can tell. They appear to be plastic.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2009, 04:18 PM »
I bought Ziro at TRU a while back just to have in case he becomes super super rare (doubt it). I really have no interest in these. If they were $2 each, that would be a different story.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 7, 2009, 04:36 PM »
If they were $2 each, that would be a different story.

10 cents IMO.  How much are normal marbles nowadays?  I have no clue, but $4?   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 7, 2009, 04:38 PM »
If they were $2 each, that would be a different story.

10 cents IMO.  How much are normal marbles nowadays?  I have no clue, but $4?   ::)

I'd be willing to pay a quarter per marble.  $4 is insane, which apparently everyone agrees with since my local TRU has yet to sell a single one of these.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 10:15 AM »
This is probably my most pointless post ever, but a local Target had the ANH wave of marbles in stock. The Vader vs. Obi Wan is the "platinum" one in this wave.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 12:37 PM »
I saw those too, and the Jawa was very tempting but I ultimately passed. I also thought it was pretty cool that they made a Tarkin marble. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 11:21 AM »
I saw those too, and the Jawa was very tempting but I ultimately passed. I also thought it was pretty cool that they made a Tarkin marble. :)

I'm a huge Tarkin fan and was tempted, but then remembered I'd be spending $4 for a marble and didn't.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Yeah, that ridiculous price tag is a real bummer because this really is a neat looking line. Maybe the manufacturer/retailers will realize that they aren't gonna sell a single marble at $4 each (they haven't so far) and they'll bring the price down. I'd really like that Jawa.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 12:14 AM »
out of the first two waves i got the Jawa and Ziro. the Ziro only cause its a platinum and the jawa is the coolest so far. i cant wait for the boba one if they make one ill get a few.
He's no good to me open

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 01:34 PM »
I can't believe I'm the first to point this out  ;) but I saw the ESB wave of the Marbles at a Target the other day. I know everyone has all the others so get your $4 per marble ready and head out.

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 03:18 AM »
They clearanced these out at my Target.

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 5, 2009, 10:05 PM »
I ended up grabbing the Boba Fett one from a Toys R Us the other day.  There maybe a few more I get but I'm not worried about it if I miss out.