Author Topic: CW Clone Turbo Tank  (Read 65673 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: CW Clone Turbo Tank
« Reply #120 on: August 7, 2009, 10:30 AM »
I picked mine up yesterday and broke it out. If I were a 10 year old, there'd be little better. Very, very fun toy.  As someone a little older, sure, it lacks a certain accuracy, but I'm not really it's target audience.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 8, 2009, 01:43 AM »
Snagged two, and finally my Clone Wars vehicle shelf is complete....for the moment:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 8, 2009, 04:00 PM »
Wow, very nice looking army you got there!  What are the gunships on the far left?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 8, 2009, 05:30 PM »
Those are repainted GI Joe Snow Wolf's(?)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 8, 2009, 07:51 PM »
First side-by-side pic I've seen.  Nice to see that it's on par with the AT-TE, even though it's off in scale.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 8, 2009, 09:29 PM »
Nice pic; impressive army!  Droid army is cornered!

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 8, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Thanks, but that ain't my clone army. Just my vehicles. :

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 9, 2009, 08:52 AM »
I saw the Turbo Tank locally. Passed for now. I saw it at Target and am hoping to find this at TRU (I get significant savings buying through them with not only their customer rewards program but by buying gift cards from my local grocery chain that has a program to give you free gas when you buy form them, including gift cards).

I'll eventually get one of these, but I'm surprisingly not in a rush for it now. I think it's mostly due to it's gawd awful smallness.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 9, 2009, 09:40 AM »

I'll eventually get one of these, but I'm surprisingly not in a rush for it now. I think it's mostly due to it's gawd awful smallness.

Yeah, that's really it.  If the figures were 1" tall, the turbo tank would look pretty damn good and I'd go for 2-3 of them.

But the figures look ridiculous next to it because the tank is so underscaled.

And that's not going to get me to pony up $108, or quite honestly, probably not any amount at this point.

I'll spend my money on stuff that looks good.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2009, 02:17 AM »
Would it have been cooler if Hasbro tried less to make it like a scaled down version of what it is ultimately in EU, and if they instead tried to make it more like a little scout vehicle?  Kinda like a mini-rig version of the same item...  Less "tank", and more "small mobile scout/recon armored car" type deal?

Part of me thinks yes, part of me thinks it would've made no difference.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2009, 10:13 AM »
Would it have been cooler if Hasbro tried less to make it like a scaled down version of what it is ultimately in EU, and if they instead tried to make it more like a little scout vehicle?  Kinda like a mini-rig version of the same item...  Less "tank", and more "small mobile scout/recon armored car" type deal?

Part of me thinks yes, part of me thinks it would've made no difference.

I think it just bombed no matter what.  It needed to be at least 2x as big as the AT-TE, but probably even more.

In a week since I've first seen it in the store, I've gone from a temporary pass, to maybe I'll pick it up for $50 on clearance, to I don't want it at all.

There's such a great lineup of figures this year, I really don't even care about the tank anymore.

We're getting a Dresselian.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2009, 12:04 PM »
As much as I like the Juggernaut in its brief movie appearance (and likely it will be on the animated series looking cool too), I'm not as excited about this as I thought it would be either.  I've seen it locally a few times now (and it is still out there actually), and it just doesn't seem as nifty as the big vehicles from last year to me.  Scale is part of the issue probably, although I don't expect a $250+ "to scale" Turbo Tank either.  I'd still like to pick it up, because I like the design of the ship in general (and I'm sure it is a fun "toy" if nothing else) - but I'm holding off for now as well.  The budget will tell I guess.  Like it was mentioned, there is a lot of great stuff coming the rest of the year (the figures alone are amazing I think) - and I know I'll want to pick up the new AT-ST, Dewback, and likely Wedge's X-Wing as well - and that will eat up the budget quickly.  If we see this for $50 next year (like the AT-TE recently), I'd definitely pick one up though.  I might still get one at full price too, it just depends.  Like I've said before, I really don't have anywhere for it to go at the moment anyways.  The discounted AT-TE I grabbed a few weeks ago is still sitting in the box for the same reason.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2009, 01:17 PM »
I love the Turbo Tank.  Even if it's not to scale, it's still a very fun item and a rarity to see items this big in the line.  I have one and definitely want to add another at some point.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2009, 01:53 PM »
I picked this up last weekend but will not be opening it until we move soon. Overall it looks good despite being under scaled, which does not bother me on this particular vehicle. I was not excited about buying this when I did and will only be buying one. I have two AT-TE's, so one TT is enough to compliment those. I wanted to support this price point in hopes of seeing more OTC ones in the future. Plus it SW and it's a big vehicle that alone is pretty cool.

After seeing the reviews I feel better about the purchase and look forward to opening it. I even picked up the side canons to "complete" it. This is one vehicle I never thought would see the light in plastic in 1/18th scale format so I am glad it's out there. I still a nice size vehicle, if it gets too big a kid will not be able to play with it as it becomes too unwieldy. Look at the Falcon, try flying around the room with that. (I am a big guy too and I pondered how a kid would play with this in "flying" mode.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: November 5, 2009, 11:12 AM »
I've seen/read a few reports over the last few days that various Walmart stores around the US are dropping the price on the Clone Turbo Tank to $74-$76 range (your milage may vary) to undercut the current TRU sale.  Worth a look if you still haven't picked one up or are looking to buy more!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender