Author Topic: CW Clone Turbo Tank  (Read 65674 times)

Offline evilanimation

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: CW Clone Turbo Tank
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2009, 03:04 AM »
I am new here, i just got back into Starwars, i will attach more pictures in coming days.
My Turbo Tank

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Anyone else shocked that they are giving you a "free" BARC with the tank? Seems like the BARC should have raised the price to $125 with Hasbro's current pricing system.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Shhh!  Don't give them an excuse to raise the price!   >:(   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 1, 2009, 12:58 AM »
At least it's not a TRU exclusive or we would be looking at a $185 price tag. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 1, 2009, 10:45 AM »
I've been seeing this all over now. Can't wait to pick one up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 1, 2009, 10:59 AM »
I saw this at Target this morning and I'm very excited. I'm waiting until my paycheck arrives to get it but I'm stoked. Hopefully the Deluxe set with the gunners will be available at the same time.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 1, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Oddly, I haven't seen one yet, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities soon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 1, 2009, 09:28 PM »
I saw one of these at an "across town/low traffic" Target that was working on their reset.  I can't afford it right now, but hopefully I can pick one up eventually (although again, I don't know where I am going to put it).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 2, 2009, 12:19 AM »
I have yet to see one, but am trying my best to hold off for some kind of sale anyway.  I ended up getting the AT-TE for $80 at one point early on at TRU and a free backpack as well.  Will be hard to pass on it when I see it though.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 2, 2009, 10:56 AM »
Got two on Friday. Opened one up yesterday - liked it a lot better than I thought it would.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 2, 2009, 03:55 PM »
I'm kind of interested to see what the reviews (and sell through) on this will be.  It just doesn't seem like there is as much excitement for this as there was for the AT-TE last year.  Of course, having just one "big" vehicle this year might help (although the addition of the deluxe vehicle assortment might level that out).  I hope to be able to get one eventually if funds allow, but we'll see.  I always liked this vehicle, as it is sort of something "different" in the SW movies - something operating on wheels like that.  It seems like the majority of the vehicles either hover, fly, or walk.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 2, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Do you guys ever stop and take the time to listen to the kiddos in the toy aisle?  Took my time at a few stores over the weekend and they were going crazy over the Turbo Tank and the new Devestator.  Kinda cool to actually hear what they think about these expensive beasts.   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 6, 2009, 07:55 PM »
Hey anyone that bought this:

I may have missed it, but I think it only came with the short clone gun, and not the longer rifle.  Some product photography shows two weapons.  Did you get both, or just one?
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 6, 2009, 11:36 PM »
At least it's not a TRU exclusive or we would be looking at a $185 price tag.  

Yeah but that's just for the box.

If you want the actual turbo tank inside it, that'll be $349.99

------------

I have passed on this for the moment.  I saw it for the first time a couple days ago, and for some reason I found it to be dramatically underscaled as compared to the AT-TE.  I know the AT-TE is underscaled, but the turbo tank really grabbed my attention as being too small.

Just for poops and giggles, take a look at the size of a wookiee next to a turbo tank tire:

And now, Hasbro's version:

Kind of has the look and feel of a piece of junk, no?

That, and I didn't feel like spending $108 at present.  At least not on this.  Had I seen the Corporate Alliance Tank Droids, I would not have hesitated.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2009, 11:43 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: August 7, 2009, 12:33 AM »
I'm not overly impressed with it either...  Scale's one reason, and you'd be surprised how actually close the AT-TE is.  It's in the acceptable realm for me.  The AT-TE though is a tad more "iconic" to me too...  The "Turbo Tank", which I grew up with as the Juggernaught (and which sounds way cooler), is not.  It's something that saw brief time in ROTS, and the toy doesn't do it justice to me enough to enjoy the purchase.  It might be the very bland paintjob on it, I'm not sure.

Scale made it a much easier pass though.  I'd actually mocked up a rough "scale" one at one time, and almost laughed at the absurdity of how big it is.  I was tracking down methods for building it though, haha.  Not likely a build for any time soon.

I do just think the TT looks a little Ka Ka to me though.

Plus, it's not a "tank", technically...  More like a big armored car.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2009, 12:34 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77