Author Topic: knashdx's customs  (Read 5778 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
knashdx's customs
« on: January 19, 2009, 07:01 PM »
First of many customs to be posted. Most are not Star Wars as they have ben the easiest to do. This is my most recent and easiest custom to date. Took an extra animated C-3PO (right) and painted him silver to make TC-14. I still need to slap a coat of clar paint on him to preserve the silver paint.

I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: knashdx's customs
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 09:57 PM »
That's pretty cool Ryan!  The paint looks like metal without being too shiny.  What kind of paints do you use and where do you get them?  We need to talk to Steve #2 about hosting another custom party in the near future...

Can't wait to see the rest of your customz!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:50 AM »
Normally I use either Model Masters or Tamiya Acrylic paints. I have found that Krylon Spray paint works well for large areas, and in places that could potentially chip, crack, or flake due to movement. For this I used a Metalic Silver Sharpie. I sacraficed a C-3PO by spray painting him and wasn't happy with the way he turned out. I couldn't keep the glowing eyes feature and I didn't like how the paint dried around his eyes so I went with the Sharpie instead. All I have to do is get a coat of clear spray paint on him and then he is done.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:18 AM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 09:33 PM »
That's pretty cool Ryan!  The paint looks like metal without being too shiny.  What kind of paints do you use and where do you get them?  We need to talk to Steve #2 about hosting another custom party in the near future...

Can't wait to see the rest of your customz!

Nice work!  That's actually very cool considering it's Sharpie.  I'd love to see it in person.

I've been thinking about custom party lately.  I need to scour the calendar and see what works.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:34 PM by Siths Herald »
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.