Author Topic: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)  (Read 32253 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2009, 09:42 AM »
If this thing turns out to be a "Previews" exclusive then the price seems about right.

I was thinking the same thing, but it does seem to be in Target's system.  ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2009, 04:33 PM »
They can keep it for $75. I don't care how cool the paint scheme is. I have two others.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 1, 2009, 09:36 AM »
Thankfully, it doesn't seem to come with a new or newish figure. That's the only way I'd be tempted to get it at this point.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 1, 2009, 10:09 AM »
Including a crew and astromech would soften some of the blow of this price increase.  But if that's not the case...I've reached my breaking point on price for this vehicle.  For the price of the ARC-170 to have more than doubled since 2005 is just not acceptable.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 1, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Including a crew and astromech would soften some of the blow of this price increase.  But if that's not the case...I've reached my breaking point on price for this vehicle.  For the price of the ARC-170 to have more than doubled since 2005 is just not acceptable.

That was my case all along.  This is just bull****.  Just another reminder for me to get out of this hobby.  Gas prices has dropped significantly yet Hasbro is cutting back pack ins and charging us more ???  WTF
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 1, 2009, 10:12 PM »
$75.00 at EE!?! Surely this must be a mistake. I thought $50 for my CW Gunship was bad... That puts retail for this ARC at $50 minimum. I'll admit, $45 for my TRU ARCs wasn't bad. I like those ones quite a bit... I bought two yesterday. But a main line, mass-produced vehicle having a higher price tag than a TRU exclusive? That can't be right! If this larger vehicle line has things like the Y-Wing, Twilight, etc. Hasbro will still have a hard time justifying the cost-balancing thing while these ARCs and whatever other repacks clog the shelves at $60+. I do appreciate the things Hasbro does. I like how in-touch they try to be with both casual consumers and especially collectors. I also understand that businesses do need to make profits. But this... this is just showing that someone along the line has gotten greedy. Very greedy.
If I don't see a "Includes Flight Crew!" sticker on the box at Toy Fair, I'm going to be angry. To protest, I won't buy this. (Not that I would if it were cheaper)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 3, 2009, 11:31 PM »
Wow! That is Brian's Toys prices there. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 4, 2009, 07:51 PM »

Agreed.

If this came with three of the Evolutions ARC Pilots that were just released, repainted in ALL BLACK like a bridge outfit between EP3 and EP4 and then they also packed in an all black Astromech, I'd be SORTA okay with the price tag. $75 for just the ship is retarded.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 5, 2009, 05:35 AM »
Wow! That is Brian's Toys prices there. 

Nope, this is.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 5, 2009, 03:30 PM »
Thinking Out Loud

thats murderous, Hasbro go back to the 90's give us fair prices, forget the unecessary carded  & packs fancyness.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2009, 03:43 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2009, 04:15 AM »
The RS pic of the Imperial Shadow Squadron ARC-170 shows a nice deco, but I think I'll be passing regardless if it's at the $60 or $75 price point.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2009, 09:58 AM »
Same here. It's nice, but...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2009, 06:44 PM »
Did anybody catch the spot during the audio recording of the Hasbro Toy Fair Q&A (from Jedi Insider.com, if I recall correctly) where someone asked how they could justify charging so much for the ARC-170 this year as compared to the last three years?  Hasbro basically (and I'm paraphrasing) said something along the lines of "We cannot and will not be held to past price scales when talking about new products."  You know, except for the fact that the ARC-170 isn't new, and this "new price" is still 33% higher than the ARC-170 currently an exclusive to TRU.   ::)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2009, 10:07 PM »
I don't know how completists can keep up these days. . .it's just not fun anymore.  I haven't purchased a figure for myself in well over a year now.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #59 on: March 6, 2009, 11:58 AM »
Price increase aside, I actually like it and I don't get the hate.

Sure, it's not technically from the films, but it's a logical extension based on what we saw of the Imperialized V-wings, Venators, etc. It makes loads more sense than the goofy Skittles Jedi Starfighters. And it's an easy repaint to release. (Although I still wouldn't have bought it at $35, but that's just because I'm not buying anything recently.)

And like Ryan said, I don't think this is supposed to be from the Clone Wars, it's just being released in that packaging for convenience.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2009, 11:59 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)