Author Topic: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)  (Read 32247 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial ARC-170
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 09:58 AM »

Maybe this garbage is to offset the costs of the really solid stuff they're doing from scratch?

Maybe, but it's doing me a favor over Hasbro. It's curing me of completitis.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 05:42 PM »
Isn't it grand?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 05:51 PM »
The closest ARC-170 paintscheme that I've been able to find is this version from the Dark Horse DARK TIMES title:

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 07:13 PM »
I guess this is a way to always keep a certain toy on the market and make it seem fresh to any kids that don't have an ARC170.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 08:58 AM »
Looks like this is a Clone Wars fighter.

Credit: actionfigurenews.ca
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:34 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 09:07 AM »
Ok, now it makes some sense.   

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 09:13 AM »
Agreed, and even easier to pass up on now.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 09:18 AM »
I'll be passing too, but I have to admit - repaint aspect aside - it does look kind of neat.  With display space at a premium, its too difficult to pick up a bunch of repaints at this point.  The ARC is one of my favorite vehicles though, and quite well done.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 10:07 AM »
Exact opposite for me. The box with the Death Star skeleton and the fact that it is a Clone ship when they are helping hunt the Jedi instead of when they are with the Jedi makes me want it. I need someone to talk me out of it because I can't afford it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 11:21 AM »
Okay for one this is continuity SCREWED!

While I don't know if there will be a cartoon to explain this I'm still going to rant on this.

1. AOTC clones would not have been piloting an ARC in this deco. If anything it would have been the same or very similar deco as in ROTS sine the AOTC clones are BEFORE, not AFTER ROTS.
2. The Death Star was not known to the Republic at the time (at least as far as we've been told so far). So again only seperatists would have known about it, up until ROTS which again is after the (pictured on the box) AOTC clones.

While I think it is a very cool repaint, I can readily say I'm NOT buying this. Not seen in the movies, all out of continuity, and made up. Three strikes, it's OUT.

Sorry Hasbro, you have got to make NEW crap to get my money. Not some rehashed repaint that has not basis.

I'm getting older, poorer, and have less room for this stuff. Make what we WANT and get to it quickly. These economic times mean that we are already buying less. While I understand this will save YOU (Hasbro) money by reissuing a simple repaint, it's not going to save you if the toy doesn't move.

Just take a quick look here in this thread. A very high percentage of us do not want or plan to buy this thing. As was stated before, give us the Imperial deco V-wing. Heck that was at least SEEN in the movie and it fits with your repaint criteria.

You're only shooting yourselves in the foot here Hasbro. While new (never before made in any iteration) toys may be less cost effective for you, if you plan on selling to we long time collectors and supporters of the line, you'll need to do that or risk running this wonderful line into the ground further than what the "economic downturn" has already and will continue to do.

Respectfully submitted.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 06:21 PM »
The clones pilots pictured in the box art are ROTS era pilots. I think that the AOTC clones in the corner must just be part of the Clone Wars packaging and they don't signify the era or anything like that. I'd assume that this is supposed to be a post ROTS era ship.

Still this is a very easy pass. I haven't picked up any of the ARC repaints, so I have no reason to start now. I'll gladly save my money and space on this one.
"This is the way."

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 08:47 PM »
I like the color and such and I have always liked the ARC.  I have the ROTS and the Tiger Shark repaint. Problem #1: running out of space. #2: No money until I get steady work rolling again.  Tempting on the clearance shelf though. :P

Offline vupa0101

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 09:30 PM »
The closest ARC-170 paintscheme that I've been able to find is this version from the Dark Horse DARK TIMES title:

cool what kinda ships are those?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 10:29 PM »
I really like this paint scheme, I might buy this one. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2009, 10:57 AM »
I like the box.....might buy it now.  Hopefully there's some logs in there.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:57 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN