Author Topic: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)  (Read 32244 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 01:47 PM »
I like the box.....might buy it now.  Hopefully there's some logs in there.

Some logs in where?  What?  Stop drinking at work.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 09:42 AM »
I see this is up for preorder at BBTS, but the price is $74.99.  I wonder if this is exclusive (which I guess is likely since it doesn't fit into the $20 pricepoint assortment).  Otherwise, that's pretty pricey for a regular release.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 11:00 AM »
I see this is up for preorder at BBTS, but the price is $74.99.  I wonder if this is exclusive (which I guess is likely since it doesn't fit into the $20 pricepoint assortment).  Otherwise, that's pretty pricey for a regular release.

$75??? What the heck kinda price is that? I hope that's right though because then I WON'T be tempted to buy it any more.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 12:54 AM »
I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but I'm just curious as to how something that I bought for $35 in 2005 when it was a brand-new mold has now doubled in price.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 09:06 AM »
I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but I'm just curious as to how something that I bought for $35 in 2005 when it was a brand-new mold has now doubled in price.

That's the same thing I was thinking.  I see other places (like EE, etc.) have it listed for that price as well, I wonder why its so expensive.  Sure, its probably some sort of exclusive, but still - more than doubled in price since the 2005 release?  That's pretty ridiculous.  I'm glad I picked up the ROTS version :).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 09:09 AM »
$75? Wow. I'm glad I wasn't even thinking about getting this one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 09:18 AM »
I'm sure it'll be $50 at retail. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 09:18 AM »
$75. is quite a bit high, good thing I don't collect modern anymore.  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 10:03 AM »

Looks like my concerns are confirmed by this.  The $65 Deluxe vehicle in the Target computer seems much more likely to be the ARC-170 and whatever else is in a similarly sized box.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 10:09 AM »
Like I said before, easy pass. It's a frickin' redeco! And not even substantiated in the movies. This is coming out of WAY left field, and was not on any of our wish lists. At least not the majority of collectors. This is going to painfully SIT on the shelves. It will clearance at Target and they will blame the consumers, NOT Hasbro for a failed product, citing lack of interest. It's THESE types of products that are going to KILL the SW line folks.

We REALLY need to consider boycotting and petitioning against this item. At the least if it does come out, the price needs to START much lower that it is set at now. Really this should be any more than $40.  I like many of you are not willing be bent over by Hasbro AND give them our money to boot, on crap like this.

They are 2 years too late with this and $35 overpriced. BIG mistake Hasbro.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2009, 10:33 AM »
What a bummer. I actually liked this, but not enough to pay over $50 for it. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 11:15 AM »
Wasn't the Target Sharc Arc $30-$35 for Christmas 07?  This makes no sense.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Wasn't the Target Sharc Arc $30-$35 for Christmas 07?  This makes no sense.   ::)

For real.

Does thing have figures or electronic lights & sound? This is way over the top absurd if it's just a paint scheme. (Scheme being an appropriate choice of words) I think they are testing the waters to see how much we will pay for this ****. I understand price increases, they suck but I understand. This tooling is paid for 3 times over so they cannot use that as an excuse. Even a limited run on a redeco does not warrant a price like that. I really like this deco and would have bought because of the Imperial Jive going on but there is no way in hell I am dropping $75 on a repaint. I already got hosed on the WM Gunship, I really liked it and bit the bullet. I passed on the TRU ARC because it was just plain stupid. I am trying to get rid of the Previews Tie that I bought for Hobbie.

If this has a lot of bells and whistles I may bite but if it's the same shi(t)p that they gave us 3 times already **** em', let it rot. I have never balked at price but with figures hitting the $9 mark and vehicles being overpriced the recession will be hitting the plastic Rebels, Empire, Separatists and the Republic's respective army building economy.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Wasn't the Target Sharc Arc $30-$35 for Christmas 07?  This makes no sense.   ::)

Yep, I paid 30 bucks for mine when Target had their "Exclusive Endcap of Death" shortly before Christmas. 

Now, before I go on this rant, I should state that I have absolutely no background in economics outside of a class I took my senior year of high school, but I don't think Hasbro has gotten the memo about the state of the economy these days.  One would think that, in the US these days with the decline of disposable income, Hasbro would cut production to what actually sells, and try to offer consumers a "deal" with certain items.  On the contrary, however, Hasbro seems to be doing the exact opposite:  flooding the market with more items than it can handle, dropping the deal aspect of some items altogether (e.g. the fifth figure in Battle Packs, which were dropped for cost reasons only to see the retail price go up by 3 bucks in most places), and raising prices across the board.  Am I stupid or does Hasbro's logic here make no sense whatsoever?

This could very well be the item where Hasbro completely jumps the proverbial shark.  How an item can go from 30 dollars in 2005 (when it was a brand new mold and Hasbro hadn't made its money back on it), stay at 30 dollars as an exclusive (where nearly every time the price goes up) in 2007, jump to 40 dollars in 2008, and climb to 75 (!) bucks in 2009 is, pardon my language, completely ******* ri-goddamn-diculous.  Especially when it's an item that NOBODY was asking for, has NO added value (like, say, pack-in figures or electronics), and is something that is literally the fourth use of a mold in less than five years. 

I had (and now definitely have) no intention of buying this thing, even if it were 30 bucks, but I think that anyone who does actually pay full price for this for ANY reason needs to really examine their lives and their priorities in said lives, because 75 bucks for this is the most asinine thing that Hasbro has ever attempted in the SW line. 

What.  the.  ****?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2009, 09:25 AM »
If this thing turns out to be a "Previews" exclusive then the price seems about right. I agree I won't buy it, but all that stuff is a rip off so I wouldn't be surprised. If it's on the shelf at Target its one thing, but a comic store item could go for that much.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within