Author Topic: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)  (Read 32445 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars ARC-170 (Imperial Deco)
« Reply #90 on: August 2, 2009, 03:53 PM »
I saw this at a more out-of-the-way Target this weekend (they were in the middle of a reset at the time), priced at $64.99.  No interest in picking it up personally (especially at that price), although I do think it is a really nicely done ship, regardless of the paint scheme.  I have the ROTS version, and it is one of the nicer ships of recent years I think.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 8, 2009, 04:00 PM »
This ship (and the Clone Wars Y-Wing) is much more attractive at Target's $64.99 price point than Toys R Us's $79.99 price.  I know that TRU is trying to survive, but they can't do that by trying to price gouge by as much as $15.  If they don't wise up, they're going to wind up with tons of deluxe vehicle overstock.  And this leaves me to wonder where WalMart might price the Deluxe Vehicle assortment.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #92 on: August 8, 2009, 11:45 PM »
This ship (and the Clone Wars Y-Wing) is much more attractive at Target's $64.99 price point than Toys R Us's $79.99 price.  I know that TRU is trying to survive, but they can't do that by trying to price gouge by as much as $15.  If they don't wise up, they're going to wind up with tons of deluxe vehicle overstock.  And this leaves me to wonder where WalMart might price the Deluxe Vehicle assortment.

$59.99.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2009, 03:25 PM »
The more I look at this the more I want it but the price is stopping me, even at $64.99. I just got some Clone cash that I am pondering applying to getting this. I was looking  at the pic in the Snail tank thread and I really like it.

Please someone stop me.......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2009, 10:30 AM »
The more I look at this the more I want it but the price is stopping me, even at $64.99. I just got some Clone cash that I am pondering applying to getting this. I was looking  at the pic in the Snail tank thread and I really like it.

Please someone stop me.......

I think we need to perform an intervention here. Where is that white coat?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2009, 01:42 PM »

;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2009, 11:20 AM »
Space in the major factor for me. I have two versions that really don't really have a place for display and I certainly can't afford the space for a third.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2009, 02:21 PM »

Here I am.

It's a nice ship for $45, and I recommend picking it up when it gets there.

This thing will be on shelves for months.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2009, 03:35 PM »

Every store than have been to lately is backing up you claim. I have been doing a lot more hunting lately and I honestly have been keeping tabs on the stock. Not one has sold at 4 different targets and 2 TRU's. Unless they have been restocked this assortment will not be around for long. So I will be waiting for $45 or less before i bite. I wonder if Hasbro will remove these from the shelves like the pegwarming figures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2009, 10:57 AM »

Until Christmas. Christmas is always an x-factor.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2009, 06:58 PM »

$59.99.

Actually, I saw a planogram for the upcoming WalMart toy section reset.  The price point for the Deluxe Vehicles on that document was $64.98.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2009, 01:36 AM »
Actually, I saw a planogram for the upcoming WalMart toy section reset.  The price point for the Deluxe Vehicles on that document was $64.98.

Does WM really think that people will buy this from them over Target for a penny's difference?  Or is it WM's standard to 98 cent everything versus the 99 cent thing?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2009, 10:34 AM »
It's Walmart's way of giving us the lowest price guaranteed.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2009, 02:51 PM »
The one Wal-Mart in my area that did what it was supposed to be doing (i.e. reset their action figure aisle) had two of these on the shelf Thursday at the aforementioned price of 64.98.  Needless to say, the first time I see the Y-Wing, I'll be buying it, because with the glut of ARCs that is already out there, it's going to be a nightmare finding the Y-Wing.  Especially if Hasbro pulls one of their typical case pack moves and ships the ARC again with the Y-Wing.

I find the fact that there have been no other announcements for this assortment either before, during, or since SDCC to be quite telling, especially given Hasbro's semi-apology for the ARC's existence in the first place. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2009, 06:12 PM »
It's Walmart's way of giving us the lowest price guaranteed.

I guess I never really paid attention to their "low prices" but a penny is a penny is a penny.

Good for them.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN