Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164948 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Anakin Skywalker with Can-Cell
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 12:00 AM »
I'd be up for a new one, maybe the four-legged version that was in the CW episode.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 09:14 AM »
Is it just me, or is Hasbro going WAAAAY overboard with the packaging?  Didn't they make some comment about how they were trying to be green?  That's a huge box for such a tiny toy.  It fit fine on a card before, but this is just gross.

I think this mockup is a little misleading in terms of scale. I suspect the cardboard figure stand-in is maybe 80-90% of actual size and is giving the illusion of the packaging overkill.

I assumed this right away.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 10:28 AM »
A crab droid resculpt would be very cool and I can see them doing that. I'm guessing this is where we're getting that new spider droid?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 3, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I am not sure on it. I will still pick it up for my Jedi Knight line, but with all the regular figures, battle Packs, and comic packs this year I don't see collectors or anyone else being able/willing to spare the extra cash.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 4, 2009, 12:05 PM »
This would be a pass for me except I passed on the Yoda version so I probably will grab this version since I had more self control back then.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Clone Wars Figure and Vehicle Packs
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 11:48 AM »
I didn't see a seperate thread for these (aside from the Anakin/CanCell thread), so I thought I would start one here.  I was listening to the audio from the Hasbro Toy Fair presentation, and they mention that although the first ones shown are mostly previously made figures/vehicles, there would be more new ones in the future for items that were basically too big for basic figures but too small for the $20 assortment.  I think they also mentioned the word "classic", but since the slide says "Clone Wars Figure and Vehicle Packs", I thought I'd post it here.  Any other ideas for this line beyond what we've seen?

I think, if "classic" vehicles were included, it would be a good line for a lot of things in the future.  A new Taun Taun, a new speederbike (maybe with a stand), bringing back some of the vintage line mini rig concepts, as well as things from the prequels like the Aiwha, Rickshaw Droid, or other ideas that have been requested before.  Of course, I'm guessing the big focus here will be Clone Wars themed stuff, but its a good pricepoint to get some of these other items from the movies as well.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Figure and Vehicle Packs
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 12:45 PM »
I'd hope the Rikshaw droid would be in this assortment.

Nute Gunray on the walking chair could be another.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 12:49 PM »
How about Gardulla the Hutt? Maybe they could repaint the transport from the upcoming Scramble on Yavin battle pack and throw in a Hoth Gonk droid and a couple crates. I doubt they could squeeze it in, but the Hoth turret from that UBP a couple years back would be cool to see re-released as well.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 01:52 PM »
Something I'd like to see from the Clone Wars is those "snow" speeder bikes from the episode "Trespass".  I know they have a specific name, but I can't remember it right off hand.  Those were pretty nifty.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 09:52 PM »
I agree Brian. The Snow Bikes would be nifty additions, though I think they might be a bit too large for this line. The one thing that irks me about the Deluxe assortment is the price. The $15.99 SRP seems a bit much for things like the Crab Droid and CanCell set. Perhaps just right for Dooku, Turbo Tank Crew, and Mini Tank but the line seems too close in price to Battle Packs and with not enough stuff. Even at the same price as Comic Packs they would seem like much better values... $3-$4 goes a long way.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 12:31 PM »
I agree with Greg. There is way too much difference from item to item in this line for them to all be the same price.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 07:41 PM »
I wish Hasbro was going to be willing to let this line expand into the movie stuff. Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be a Clone Wars only line which kinda stinks.

I agree with what folks have said that this line would be a perfect way of getting out things like a new Taun Taun or Gardulla the Hutt or the Rickshaw Droid from AOTC.

Hopefully they will eventually let OT & PT stuff creep into the assortments.

I do understand the CW mentality though - that is what seems to be selling well these days....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 12:12 PM »
Right now my reaction is "meh."
Can cell, a 10-year-old mini-tank mold, a 7-year-old Dooku speeder mold, the crab droid? All stuff we've gotten.
Definitely will not get Anakin/Can cell.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 05:23 PM »
The offerings are kind of underwhelming.  I was a fan of the deluxe and ultra lines, but there's really nothing new here.  This deluxe line makes me wonder if Hasbro is either going for the kiddie cash, or if they're trying this as a test case to see if a deluxe line will gain traction with collectors.

I'd certainly like to see some new offerings in this kind of line, but I think we're going to have to wait and see.  Hasbro only revealed 6 pieces, and there are another 2 that they're holding back.  I sincerely hope that we'll see something new with those two piece.  And if that's the case, the model Hasbro is using hasn't been that successful in the past.  They tried offering old stock in new packaging as retail placeholders for the Action Fleet line, and that wound up killing that particular line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 06:45 PM »
a 10-year-old mini-tank mold

I must have lost my noodles on this one.  Thought it was brand new?  I guess Ep1 was that bad that I forgot about this thing?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN