Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164960 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2010, 02:41 AM »
New images from the Deluxe Figure & Vehicle line...

The ARF Trooper with AT-RT looks pretty slick and that's one I'm definitely into now.  I'll pick that up x2 perhaps if the AT-RT is indeed improved.

Clicky to check it out!

I like Cody's BARC too, it may be worth picking up to slap a 212th Clone on it I think.

For anyone curious, if my Aurabesh chart's right, I think the AT-RT's front markings read BEA and the smaller ones on the rear read EO.  Which seems to mean absolutely nothing. :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 02:57 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Oh man, that AT-RT looks even better than expected. I was wondering about those markings too...odd.

Great photos, it's awesome to know these are on the way.

Eventually.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2010, 09:59 AM »
Meh.  Can't really get excited about any of these.  They're all pretty much just repaints and reissues.   :P  The forthcoming $20 price tag doesn't help either.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2010, 04:24 PM »
I'd like to see that AT-RT loose next to an old mold AT-RT, for a size comparison...

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2010, 01:48 AM »
I'm not very impressed with the above-shown products. I'd much rather see some new characters that make stronger sets. And I'm surprised Hasbro's crossing over the realistic line to the deluxe figures w/ the Endor scouter and speederbike.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2010, 07:34 PM »
I'm quite excited by the AT-RT. I'll be happy to add at least 4 to my collection. It looks like it has more articulation than the old mold, plus a more accurate cannon.

Cody and the speeder bike is a bit dull. The paint apps on the bike do look cool... sorta like a hot rod BARC. Though I have four Codys, I might pick up this set if there isn't anything else to buy.

The STAP set has fantastic paint apps, and I'd be happy to get 4. However, I'm expecting a $20 price tag if not higher, so I'll definitely try to find them on sale. Same with the Scout Trooper set, though I'd only like a couple of those.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2010, 01:42 PM »
I'm very glad about the ATRT. All the other versions came out during the window of time I was able to show some self control with my purchases so when I get this one it will be my first.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2010, 02:40 PM »
I might have been suckered into the STAP and AT-RT, but I'm going to have to pass on them. The other two are easy passes for me. I'm extremely bored of the Speederbike mold. Never really liked the sleeker PT Speederbikes.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2010, 10:31 AM »
These are hitting etailers now...BBTS has the AT-RT, Sport Skiff, etc in stock now.  :o

Let's get 'em to the stores!!!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2010, 02:19 PM »
We just got our second shipment, and I got mine-- I have to say the AT-RT is a nice little vehicle.  The best thing, which I assume is an undocumented feature, is that there's a couple of tiny slots on the back of it.  They're perfectly sized to put the clip from a Clone blaster, so the ship actually has storage for weapons, which is something I've been complaining about to myself for a while.  Kudos to Hasbro for reading my thoughts, but I'm going to have to start wearing the foil hat again.

It's pretty stable too-- jointed at the "hips" and "ankles".  It is "fun."  The little cannon in the front moves around too, so I'd say this one is slightly better than the Freeco Bike in terms of user-friendliness/fun but still doesn't feel as solid as, say, pretty much most of the original Mini-Rigs.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2010, 03:33 PM »
The AT-RT wave has hit the St. Louis area the past couple days (Wal-Marts only so far).

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2010, 03:34 PM »
The AT-RT wave has hit the St. Louis area the past couple days (Wal-Marts only so far).

What is in this wave besides the ATRT and Sport Skiff?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2010, 03:38 PM »
The Obi-Wan w/Freeco Speeder and Cody w/BARC Speeder
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2010, 08:19 PM »

To quote the great movie "Used Cars": "You gotta be jacking me!"  ;D

That's super mega-awesome. I hit a couple up at lunch today but no signs around here yet. Reason to keep looking though!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2010, 08:46 PM »

To quote the great movie "Used Cars": "You gotta be jacking me!"  ;D

That's super mega-awesome. I hit a couple up at lunch today but no signs around here yet. Reason to keep looking though!

Save some time and gas. As a fellow east coaster, and being one state below you, I usually start looking about 5 or 6 days after sightings begin on the west coast. It's a system that rarely fails. I'm not sure how your area is, though. You might need to tweak that plan depending on how soon you get toys. Saving gas means more money for toys.