Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164958 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2010, 12:05 PM »
I FINALLY saw the AT-RT tonight.  This thing's been a bear to pick up.  Got one, coulda gotten two, but I'll survive with one.  Gonna make a realistic ARF Trooper for it using the figure's head then, since I love their design.

It's a nice walker.  I like the walking ones, even for just the fact they walk on their own (it's neat), but this is much much nicer.  The predecessor of the AT-PT IMO, and a vehicle I liked in the movies.

It'd be neat if someone made one's headlights work.  Hmmm....  *Scratches his chin thoughtfully*

I just got one of these in a HTS order yesterday as well, and I really like it too.  Although I've seen the rest of this "wave" at retail, I've never seen one of these in person either at the store(s), so I'm glad to be able to pick one up this way.  Actually, due to an error in ordering, I have another one on the way too, so I guess I'll have two now.

I'm really glad this is an area of the basic line that they are exploring again.  Sure, it doesn't technically include "movie" stuff, but there seems to be a lot of nifty stuff that can fit in at this price point.  We've discussed the similarities to "mini rigs" before, and I kind of like that comparison.  I've said before, but if you were a kid just collecting the CW stuff right now, it would make for a pretty cool/fun line of toys I think.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2010, 04:37 PM »
The vehicles are realistic so I'm more than happy with it as it is...  Plus it means 90% of things I don't want too.  I've nabbed the Freeco (wish I could get one without frost on the window though), and I'm going to get the BARC with sidecar because I like the concept.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2010, 07:10 PM »
In the latest round of Q&A, Hasbro alluded to making less of the Sport Skiff compared to the other selections in this wave, or something to that effect. Anyone else catch that?

I think Hasbro is just trying to scare collectors who are on the fence into buying that poc.

I would guess that it just won't be carried over to the new blue packaging. I still haven't picked one up, but it looks kinda cool.

Anyway, I didn't realize the AT-RT was so hard to find. I have four, and it's definitely a nice little vehicle. It looks great alongside the Turbo Tank.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2010, 03:51 AM »
OK, so I opened it...  A few thoughts.

-The Aurabesh lettering on it is gibberish, which is nice for unit markings and things.  That's a nice compliment to a pretty decent paintjob too.  It's got little markings and things.  It's not perfect, but what is?  It's better than a lot of vehicles these days.

-Articulation...  Almost non-existant, and there's 2 points for joints there that would've really improved the ability to pose it as though it were running, so color me a LITTLE disappointed at least one of the other leg joints wasn't poseable on each leg.  It would greatly help, and for $17 how could you not, ya know?  That's steep.

-Sculpt...  Outstanding.  I like the fact you can hide the small arms on its rear, but part of me wishes there were just more substance to the body too.  The other AT-RT's had the bulk the vehicle would need, and this one's big empty space behind the seat is weird. 

Overall then I'm pretty pleased, I just wish it were more poseable.  The figure's nice, an improvement on Clones in general with the hips, so that's cool.  I'm going to whip up a realistic one using him, try to incorporate as much of the extra poseability on that figure into the new one too, as I can salvage from the animated sculpt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2010, 03:30 PM »
New Images from the Delxue Figure & Vehicle Line were tossed our way this morning...  Check out the packaged shots of Anakin w/ Naboo Speeder & Plo Koon w/Speederbike!

Clicky to check them out!

Pretty cool little direction the Deluxe Figure/Vehicle line is going with the mini-rig type theme.  Plo's Speederbike doesn't look terribly new, which is disappointing but not really a surprise either.  I think the Ani dressed as the Naboo Guard/Pilot will be the selling point of his set more than the Speeder, at least to most collectors.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:18 PM by Jesse James »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2010, 03:47 PM »
Great stuff!

I gotta say though, the packaging art is not growing on me. I guess everything pales next to the vintage motif.

I agree they're doing a great job with items in this price point...seems like they've found a way to adapt in the current economy.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2010, 04:23 PM »
New Images from the Delxue Figure & Vehicle Line were tossed our way this morning...  Check out the packaged shots of Anakin w/ Naboo Speeder & Plo Koon w/Speederbike!

Clicky to check them out!

Pretty cool little direction the Deluxe Figure/Vehicle line is going with the mini-rig type theme.  Plo's Speederbike doesn't look terribly new, which is disappointing but not really a surprise either.  I think the Ani dressed as the Naboo Guard/Pilot will be the selling point of his set more than the Speeder, at least to most collectors.

I'm totally down for the Naboo Skiff. I'll get Plo and his speederbike since Plo is one of my favorite Jedi. I'm passing on the Hailfire droid though, sadly. I had hopes for this one, but it's MUCH TOO chunky.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2010, 09:06 PM »
The skiff is fantastic.  Plo... it doesn't grab me, but I might end up getting him at some point since I'm a big fan of his.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2010, 10:31 PM »
Am so down for both sets! And the upcoming Cad Bane w/ speeder, too!

What upsets me, though, is that Hasbro consistently has been upgrading their under-articulated basic figures (Count Dooku, Plo Koon, Obi-Wan, Cad Bane...) and selling them at higher pricepoints in the Deluxe Line. It would be nice if they would stop consistently saying how kids really don't care about all the SA, and then later contradict themselves by re-working certain figures and include them in $15 sets. Certain figures, though, which have already been the first few lines, are being reworked and included in the basic figure line, like the upcoming Kit Foisto w/ 2 lightsabers, and Mace Windu w/ split-apart Mandalorian helmet, which makes collectors have to buy them again.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #189 on: May 2, 2010, 12:17 PM »
All the new deluxe look tight. Will they rerelease any on new card?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2010, 01:07 AM »
A link to Sandtroopers.com to see the newest Deluxe Sets!

I'm really digging the Cad Bane & swoop. Wouldn't be surprised if the swoop was repainted and reused for an Aurra Sing & swoop set, as seen in her escape from Ahsoka at the end of Season 2. The upgraded Bane sculpt is impressive, but I can't figure out if he's wearing his coat or not.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2010, 04:46 PM »
We received a nice packaged shot of the Mando with Speederbike set coming out.  Looks pretty good and will be a set I definitely want.

Clicky!

Some of the deluxe sets will suck me into buying animated figures for sure.  This one and Cad Bane's in particular are sets that I'd like to pick up.  Very cool designs on both vehicles.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2010, 04:53 PM »
Awesome. I think I'll get a couple of those.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2010, 08:12 PM »
That's cool as hell. Might need one just for opening...does the helmet come off the figure?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2010, 09:10 PM »
That's cool as hell. Might need one just for opening...does the helmet come off the figure?

I don't think so. I think all the Death Watch Mando figures (apart from Pre Vizsla) have the non-removable helmet
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird