Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164996 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #345 on: July 28, 2011, 10:11 PM »
I landed al 5 of the new delue today across two different Target stores.  The first case assortment included the Republic Scout, Y-Wing, Cad Bane (repack), and Anaking Naboo Ship (repack).  The two news one rang up at the old DPCI/clearance price of $4.64!

The second case I found did not have the Y-Wing.  Instead, it had the Rep Scout, Battle Droid Speeder, Castas and Speeder, and Grievous Wheelbike.  The Rep Scout rang up at $4.64 again, but the other three were correctly priced at $16.99.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 29, 2011, 10:42 AM »
Yeah, I just noticed that new Scout Speeder rang up $5.08 for me last night.  Cool stuff!

The Castas set was $16.99

I returned my $19 Scout Speeder and $20 Castas to TRU   ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:51 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 29, 2011, 01:52 PM »
I snagged an el cheapo Scout Speeder too, for around $4.84 I believe. I also promptly returned it to TRU and got my money back on the one I had bought there for 18.99 previously.

I had to ask for them to pull a case from the back, hoping to get the Y-Wing assortment, but this was ok too.

I still need a nice cheap mini Y-Wing though. That is my goal for tonight.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:52 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 30, 2011, 04:42 PM »
This is only kinda related to the topic, but today I found an Episode 1 Sneak Preview boxed STAP at a resale shop for $2. Great find. Funny thing was the box had the original store sticker price on it. FAO SCHWARZ $18.99...which, typical of that outlet, was high back then...now it's almost the standard retail price for "deluxe".  :P

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2011, 05:00 PM »
This is only kinda related to the topic, but today I found an Episode 1 Sneak Preview boxed STAP at a resale shop for $2. Great find. Funny thing was the box had the original store sticker price on it. FAO SCHWARZ $18.99...which, typical of that outlet, was high back then...now it's almost the standard retail price for "deluxe".  :P

Ya I didn't start collecting SW until sometime in 2000 and was late to the party.  FAO in Vegas had a really neat full sized Cantina setup and lots of toys, but ya i was late to the party and I think I still have my SP Stap with the FAO sticker on there.  I knew the price was high back then and it sucks that this has become a reality for this stuff, but I'm glad you guys are all still diggin it and stuff!  I'm not..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 30, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Picked up a Castas at Target tonight- $16.99. Anybody know the translation for the writing on the front of the bike?

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 30, 2011, 09:13 PM »
" Dog Faced Bounty Hunter"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #352 on: July 30, 2011, 09:28 PM »
I got the Republic Scout Speeder (At the very nice $5), and Castas sets this weekend, and the Scout Speeder is all kinds of awesome.

It's kind of thin, but they detailed both sides of the mold so there's wiring and junk.  Lots of little detail went into an otherwise fairly simple toy.  I like that a 2nd Clone has a place to stand on the back like they're just riding around out in front of the lines to listen for "clankers".  :)  I liked the execution of it a lot.

May get teh Y-Wing, may not, but right now the Scout Speeder is all kinds of awesome to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 31, 2011, 04:49 PM »
I found the Scout Speeder and Y-Wing for the clearance price, but I had to do the right thing and inform the store of their mistake. The manager thanked and said he'd call corporate to get this corrected nation wide.  ;D

Nah...I'm kidding.  >:D

It's funny the Bane and Anakin repacks scan at full price.

Need to check the other local Target stores ASAP.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 1, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Has there been any indication of what happened with the Boba Fett w/Speeder Bike and Obi-Wan w/Attack Shuttle deluxe sets? (sorry if there was from SDCC and I missed it)

When I was putting together the larger Republic Attack Shuttle the other night, it wasn't readily apparent where the deluxe vehicle would/could interface with larger one - it was late though, so maybe I just overlooked it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 1, 2011, 09:06 PM »
I think I recall them indicating they had both been pushed back to a later wave, but no time frame was given.

Are they pictured on the back of the Y-Wing package? I can't recall...

I would expect both will make it out before the end of the year. As long as they don't get jammed up by all those repack waves that are shipping. I mean, wasn't Target JUST clearancing these stinkers in the old packaging? (Bane + Speeder, Obi + Freeco, etc)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 2, 2011, 11:20 AM »
Are they pictured on the back of the Y-Wing package? I can't recall...

If I recall, I think it's the Cad Bane w/Pirate Bike and Anakin with Naboo Skiff sets that are shown. There might be a third, I can't recall.

EDIT: nope - just the two I mentioned are on the back of the Y-Wing packaging.

I would expect both will make it out before the end of the year. As long as they don't get jammed up by all those repack waves that are shipping. I mean, wasn't Target JUST clearancing these stinkers in the old packaging? (Bane + Speeder, Obi + Freeco, etc)

The shame is that the Bane w/Pirate Speeder Bike set is a good set, with a great Bane figure - it's too bad that it didn't sell better - or perhaps it sold just fine and is a victim of being over-shipped.

With the problems that set has had at retail, to have it be repacked and included in the second wave of the new packaging-style deluxe is just further proof that Hasbro is out of touch with what is/is not selling and the situation at retail.

My local TRU is sitting on five or six of the Bane sets in the old packaging style - the last thing they need is the same set in the new packaging on top of that.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2011, 12:42 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #357 on: August 2, 2011, 10:58 PM »
Question for those who bought the Wheel/Grievous set - is the Grievous new? 

We were told initially he was going to be a repack, but I've read some conflicting reports - some say he's a repack, some say he's a kit-bash (new parts on the old body), and some say he's all-new?   ???

I was going to pass, but if he's indeed "new", maybe I'll reconsider... though I'm not sure how they could change him up all that much at this point.

edit:
Huh.  I just got done opening the Hunt for Grievous BP and that Grievous is 100% new.  Now I'm starting to think that the Wheel;/Grievous set must be using that Grievous... or is there yet another new GG out there?  Hmmm...
« Last Edit: August 3, 2011, 12:26 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 3, 2011, 12:40 AM »
It looked to me, when I compared them on the weekend that the Mini Wheel Bike and Hunt for Grievous Battlepack figures were the same - which since they are items shipping around the same time, made sense to me.

The benefits of the "new" Grievous are that the shoulder armor is molded to the arm so it doesn't fly off when you look at the figure funny, and the torso is now a single piece that does not feature waist/torso articulation of any kind - which was kinda a bummer, but I just assumed was a cost-cutting measure.

The legs are new and they do feature peg holes on the feet. I do not recall Clone Wars Grievous v2 having the peg holes, and I'm too lazy to dig one out of my display cabinet.  :-\
Peter

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 3, 2011, 05:23 PM »
Found Castas, Grievous bike and Droid speeder at Target today. All scanned as $16.99. I'd known that if I'd read recent posts here.  :P  But the Clone Scout Speeders were still scanning as $4.24. So I got two more of those. I was tempted to get Castas, but that might have raised suspicions and the paint wasn't so great on the only one they had.