Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 165012 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2009, 07:51 AM »
Wow - I am totally not surprised that a POTF2 deluxe figure "vehicle" has found its way into this assortment.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jetpack from Han Solo, Boba Fett or the "Crowd Control" Stormtrooper show up either. Especially with the onslaught of Mandos that's coming this seaon - I could definitely see them getting reused for some "deluxe" Mandalorians.

If Anakin appears like that in the series at some point, you really can't have an issue with this set. It would be amusing if the CW writers and animators put the sport skiff vehicle (or something the looks like it) in as a nod to the longevity of the modern Star Wars line.

I have always thought the old vintage mini-rigs should have been brought back in the modern line - so I'd welcome those too - some of the non Imperial/Rebel ones could easily be used with the animated bounty hunters to give them their own mini vehicles.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Hasbro's having the last laugh since the skiff thing is gonna sell anyway.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2009, 10:20 AM »
The Sport skiff was the one vehicle from the made up ones that actually looked like it was "real". This does not bother me at all, in fact I may pick it up. It's smart on their part, kids wont know a lick of difference this is how Toy companies make money so no one should be "upset". More power to them, I like how they gave Anakin extra gear to sell the fantasy of the set. What I find more distasteful is the Barc Speeder again. It must be a great seller.

I hope we do see some vintage mini rigs come back, the vehicle maintenance energizer would be nice. Bossk's Trouble Bubble and the Endor Forrest Ranger.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2009, 10:32 AM »
It is funny seeing that Sport Skiff get resurrected, but like others have said, kids won't care.  Plus, if it ends up appearing in the show, that's fine too.  I still really like the Freeco Bike, and I'm digging that AT-RT too.  I actually haven't picked up any of the deluxe/figure and vehicle line stuff yet, but it looks like I will be in the future.  I'd be on board for seeing some of the vintage mini-rigs released in this line too, although it does seem like the entire line is CW specific (which is too bad).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:32 AM by Brian »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Count me in for all of these...I think they look great. I had ZERO interest in SW toys during the 90's so this seems all new to me.

Heck, I just think it's great they are providing new product, even if it's just re-purposed.

What SUCKS BIG TIME are those cruddy new battlepacks they are trawling out for 2010 which are STRAIGHT RE-PACKS of carded characters without so much as a new accessory or paint touch-up.

That just seems like a colossal waste of time and money, making a CW set that has 0 appeal to collectors.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2009, 11:00 AM »
- Anakin Skywalker with Desert Sport Skiff (I'll laugh my butt off if the "Sport Skiff" is a repaint of the 1996 PotF2 toy)

Commence laughter...

I knew it.  As soon as I saw that description, I just knew they were going to do it.   :D  It will be interesting to see if it's an EU thing or if it makes the show...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2009, 12:15 PM »
- Anakin Skywalker with Desert Sport Skiff (I'll laugh my butt off if the "Sport Skiff" is a repaint of the 1996 PotF2 toy)

Commence laughter...

I knew it.  As soon as I saw that description, I just knew they were going to do it.   :D  It will be interesting to see if it's an EU thing or if it makes the show...

Hopefully we'll get an answer in the next QnA. I asked if this was the same vehicle as the POTF2 release (obviously we know that is the case now). But I also asked if is it based on a possible appearance in the 'toon.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 01:16 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2009, 07:02 PM »
I noticed today that the crab droid has two different packaging configurations.  Not that I care and it may have been pointed out, but hey...there it is.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2009, 09:58 PM »
I noticed today that the crab droid has two different packaging configurations.  Not that I care and it may have been pointed out, but hey...there it is.

Can you provide details? I hadn't noticed...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2009, 09:16 AM »
My phone has no camera and I'm not taking one with me on toy hunts, but just watch for stores with multiple crab droids.  One is packaged "flat" and the other is "head first" 

sorry...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2009, 09:15 PM »
I saw this tonight and it seems that all the packaging has been tweaked for this line as the packaging now coverts to a diorama like the vehicles.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:22 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2009, 12:15 AM »
For the price it should open itself up and assemble on its own, and build the diorama for you with the help of a local craftsman.  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2009, 06:49 PM »
I think the dioramas are pretty nifty, but this line is still WAY overpriced.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2009, 03:23 PM »
Just as a heads up, but I noticed that the Obi-Wan with Freeco Bike and Dooku with Speeder Bike are up over at HTS as well today.

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2009, 03:28 PM »
I haven't bought a single "deluxe" figure set yet, though that may change with TRU sale this week. Add some Clone Cash and the price is actually where it should be. I also think aside from the price point nothing has excited me by far with this line.