Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 165043 times)

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2009, 08:02 PM »
I haven't bought a single "deluxe" figure set yet, though that may change with TRU sale this week. Add some Clone Cash and the price is actually where it should be. I also think aside from the price point nothing has excited me by far with this line.

I have to say I really dig the Freeco Bike a lot-- I was looking forward to this one.  It doesn't do much other than seat one figure and have retractable landing skids, but it's actually a pretty good size.  Definitely larger than a number of vintage-era Mini-Rigs.  Opening the canopy is something of a pain, as it sort of snaps in place and slides forward, but it feels like it could be a companion piece to the MLC-3.  Totally cool, plus the SA Kenobi it comes with is a nice plus.

...and it's really a bit of a bummer that the fairly large Freeco Bike is going to cost the same as the smaller and overall less awesome Sport Skiff.  (And I liked it as a $10 POTF2 toy.)  I'm sure they'll all do well-- throw in Anakin with anything for $16 or so and I'm sure we have a hit on our hands.

Oh, and I'd also suggest picking up any of the Clone Two-Packs in this range.  Not only are they great figures, but Hasbro packs in lots of extra blasters too.  Dollar-for-dollar, they aren't as good a value as a Battle Pack, but 2 Clones and a bunch of gear for $13-$17 is pretty good given the $8-$8.50 price tags for a single figure.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2009, 10:07 AM »
When are we going to finally see the Freeco and Dooku's speeder packs on the shelves? Original release date was listed as 8/7...anyone have any idea when these are shipping to the brick and mortars?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2009, 10:14 AM »
When are we going to finally see the Freeco and Dooku's speeder packs on the shelves? Original release date was listed as 8/7...anyone have any idea when these are shipping to the brick and mortars?

Those 2 are due any day now as they were listed as "on-shelf September" in Hasbro's SDCC presentation.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2009, 04:26 PM »
Dang, EE has Dooku w/Speeder Bike in stock NOW! Hot off the truck as of 9/29...can we expect this to show up at brick and mortar stores any day?

Who will snag it first? TRU? Target? Walmart? Kmart?

Release the hounds!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2009, 04:40 PM »
Dang, EE has Dooku w/Speeder Bike in stock NOW! Hot off the truck as of 9/29...can we expect this to show up at brick and mortar stores any day?

Who will snag it first? TRU? Target? Walmart? Kmart?

Release the hounds!

Or you could, y'know, order it from us now what with our low price guarantee and everything... just sayin'.
--AP

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2009, 05:45 PM »

Or you could, y'know, order it from us now what with our low price guarantee and everything... just sayin'.

Don't think I'm not tempted, but my darling wife (She Who Must be Obeyed) might have an apoplexy if she finds out I am wasting money on magic beans toys. When I am about to be unemployed in 6 weeks.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2009, 07:44 PM »
Don't think I'm not tempted, but my darling wife (She Who Must be Obeyed) might have an apoplexy if she finds out I am wasting money on magic beans toys. When I am about to be unemployed in 6 weeks.

I found a really good workaround for this.  I've tried it once or twice.
Her: "Is this new?"
Me: "No."

FOOLPROOF!  And true in some cases, at least in terms of percentage on some of those Battle Packs...
--AP

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 1, 2009, 02:07 PM »

FOOLPROOF!  And true in some cases, at least in terms of percentage on some of those Battle Packs...

That works a lot better when you buy the item with cash and then throw out the receipt. When it shows up in a box at your front door and your CC statement says EE on it. Saying oh I bought that six years ago, but it just showed up doesn't work.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 1, 2009, 03:09 PM »

That works a lot better when you buy the item with cash and then throw out the receipt. When it shows up in a box at your front door and your CC statement says EE on it. Saying oh I bought that six years ago, but it just showed up doesn't work.

Hm.  Paypal Debit card? :) Those work online...
--AP

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 1, 2009, 03:29 PM »
I swear by the eBay Gift cards...I just wish they had them in more denominations. ($25 and $50 is weak)

You can buy them with cash and use them to pay via PayPal. No credit card needed, no suspicious online withdrawals from bank accounts, just untrackable. Brilliant idea.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: October 2, 2009, 03:53 PM »
It will be interesting to see if it's an EU thing or if it makes the show...

Hopefully we'll get an answer in the next QnA.

Sounds like the '96 Sport Skiff is still just a modern day "off-screen" mini-rig...  from the Q&A at HH:

We are using the mini-rig from ‘96 but including an ACW Anakin and changing the decoration on Skiff. It is not in the new entertainment. This assortment is intended to be a way kids to get a low-priced figure and vehicle as a complete purchase/play experience. This assortment will have some “mini-rig” type off-screen items as well as authentic speeder bikes and small single person transports.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #131 on: October 2, 2009, 04:05 PM »
Bah, it sucks that it and that version of Anakin isn't in the series.  Damn artistic license. :-\
« Last Edit: October 2, 2009, 04:06 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 9, 2009, 12:29 PM »
I received the Obi-Wan with Freeco and Dooku with Speeder Bike via HTS this week, and I have to say I really like both sets.  I never got the original Dooku speeder from AOTC, so I'm not sure if this is exactly the same or not, but it seems pretty well done.  I really like the Freeco speeder as well though, and I'm tempted to get another one.  The figures actually make the deluxe price a little more worth it this time too, as the Obi-Wan and Dooku with added articulation are pretty good improvements over the original releases.  Hopefully they'll get basic carded as well, this is how they should have been done in the first place.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 9, 2009, 12:36 PM »
this is how they should have been done in the first place.

It's kinda like the Imperial ARC.  The first wave was just filler until they could get the new molds into production.  I'm swimming in Can Cells out here so not sure when I'll see that new wave hit retail.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: October 9, 2009, 12:40 PM »
The figures actually make the deluxe price a little more worth it this time too, as the Obi-Wan and Dooku with added articulation are pretty good improvements over the original releases. 

How much added?  I have heard they have knee articulation and soft goods (Skirt on Obi-Wan, Cape on Dooku), anything else?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender