Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164969 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #270 on: February 12, 2011, 08:03 PM »
Both Boba and Castus were on Speeders in the Boba Fett trilogy on CW.  It's surprising to see Castus, so that's nice.  The other ones are very Mini-rigish - wonder if they're in the show or original?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 12, 2011, 08:09 PM »
I still don't understand how one dude found the BARC SPeeder w/Jesse a month ago at Wal-Mart and there have been 0 other reported sightings reported anywhere on the Internets since then. I see a buttload of the other Deluxe sets around town with the new promo sticker too.

I saw someone asked about this in the RS forums and no one has responded there yet either. I guess there is next to no interest in that set. Even Hasbro has never acknowledged its existence officially.

And it isn't even shown in any of the Toy Fair stuff.

I'm sure eventually it will be out and slotted into some of the upcoming waves - SW.com indicates there's a wave in March and a wave in May - so maybe he'll be in there. I hope he's not going to end up being as rare as you fear.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2011, 09:08 PM »
Ugh....I noticed that too, conspicuous by its absence.

At least they brought along the set with the tactical droid...that's only been out a few months now.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #273 on: February 12, 2011, 11:21 PM »
So I re-examined a bunch of the pictures from Hasbro of these, and our pics, and I'm impressed with some while let down with others.

I'm not a big fan of just scaling **** down...  Call me weird, but I prefer something that's appearing as though it fits iwthin the Star Wars established parameters...  Speeders are generally kinda small, starfighters aren't, speederbikes armed to the teeth are kind of goofy...  That general thought process.

I think some of them would look better with less firepower mounted on them, others there isn't a ton of help...  Why would either side have so many friggin' different vehicles that basically serve teh same function though, ya know? 

Either way, I'm just as glad NOT to want a lot of the Deluxe stuff because I think it's overpriced.  The Klattooinian dude is probably the more interesting one...  I have that Fett and feel no compulsion to own another.  That bike's kind of neat though.  Regardless I doubt I buy it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2011, 11:26 PM »
I think some of them would look better with less firepower mounted on them, others there isn't a ton of help...  Why would either side have so many friggin' different vehicles that basically serve teh same function though, ya know? 

I felt the exact same way when looking at the Clone Trooper speeder. Just too many guns/cannons. Another odd thing on that one was the asymmetrical front window. Kinda weird for a Star Wars military craft.

I think my favorite mini-rig out of those shown is the Battle Droid speeder. I can totally see that as a type of heavy STAP. It looks like a mix of Separatist concept art and movie designs all rolled into a nice little vehicle.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2011, 11:47 PM »
It's almost shaped like Bossk's EU ship, the Hound's Tooth.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2011, 12:27 AM »
Next you'll be complaining the big wheel in the mini wheel bike doesn't turn.  ;)

It's hard to accept the small Republic Shuttle fighter as a space item...maybe an air speeder. Like the ISP thing from Kenner's Mini-rig...couldn't really picture it participating in the Death Star Battle. Nope. But the INT one that fit in the AT-AT, I could buy that. (I wish they'd done an update on that over the speeder bike with last year's AT-AT...dropping a speeder bike from a hundred feet in the air?)

Too bad an escape pod, even a small one, isn't "action oriented" enough for them to make.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2011, 12:14 PM »
I'm a fan of these, as they fit a nice price-point for gifts, and provide some props plus a figure for just about the price of 2 figures. The opportunity for repainting the AT-RT is a great cash cow, and gives some variety for the many clones to pilot. The new battle droid platform has the same potential.

I wish they could find a way to do some more OT ones. Maybe they can expand the line to inlcude beasts too. That would open the door for some Clone wars toys as well as a tauntaun or wampa refresh.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Remember when they started, there were a few 2 packs of clones? Why'd they stop that?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2011, 03:10 PM »
The wheel doesn't move?  OK, that sucks.

Beasts would be cool, I agree.  I don't see why they couldn't too...  Is a Taun Taun much larger than an AT-RT?  Probably not.  Though I'd really like a very poseable Taun Taun on the next round.

Multi-packs were nice.  They tended to go specifically with bigger vehicles, but they were cool ideas.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2011, 07:02 PM »
I think, even though the same figure is being release for like the 3rd time (?), Hasbro did a good job by sculpting a more accurate head sculpt for the old Obi-Wan costume model. The only thing that bothers me is that the headset is sculpted into the head.

Grievous' speeder bike is a pleasant surprise, too. So is Boba with the poncho.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Remember when they started, there were a few 2 packs of clones? Why'd they stop that?

I remember well...these are the only Clone Wars toys I never had any interest in buying, and I buy repacks frequently. These were just completely unnecessary...the figures they trawled out were not even rare and had just been out within the past few months.

They finally got it right with the Walmart exclusive packs because those were new or at least tweaked versions. I guess those ended up morphing into the current Target exclusive 2-packs we are seeing now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2011, 12:31 PM »
The BARC w/Clone Trooper Jesse deluxe set was In Stock on EE yesterday for a few hours. By the time I was ready to place my order after work, they were gone again.  ::)

I now realize there is no longer any margin of error with this thing.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2011, 05:21 PM »
The BARC w/Clone Trooper Jesse deluxe set was In Stock on EE yesterday for a few hours. By the time I was ready to place my order after work, they were gone again.  ::)

I now realize there is no longer any margin of error with this thing.

Have there been any more sightings of this set? I was thinking about putting in an order for him at EE - paying $18.99 for him is better than not having him at all...  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2011, 07:41 PM »
Have there been any more sightings of this set? I was thinking about putting in an order for him at EE - paying $18.99 for him is better than not having him at all...  :-\

Nope, this thing is totally MIA, no one outside of Canada has seen any for weeks if not months now. I do not think they will carry it forward with any of the new waves either. I have been waiting forever for it to come back into stock at EE, BBTS, etc but they cannot seem to restock it anymore.

I finally gave up this weekend and bought a ridiculously overpriced one off eBay. I have been resisting this but I just don't see myself ever finding this and I am tired of looking.