Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164997 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #315 on: June 17, 2011, 06:12 PM »
Best thing about it is that it appears to include  Broadside.  Long overdue.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #316 on: June 17, 2011, 10:21 PM »
Awesome!
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 17, 2011, 10:34 PM »
Best thing about it is that it appears to include  Broadside.  Long overdue.

Isn't that Warthog?

I love this thing. Seems like they have moved a lot of focus onto the Deluxe line though, at the expense of the mid-size vehicles.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #318 on: June 17, 2011, 10:58 PM »
In a way, it reminds me of the AST-5. It almost looks as if the nacelles can rotate down or "fold up" like that Vintage mini-rig did.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:01 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2011, 12:32 AM »
I love it...

I'll remove the engine pods for sure, and the front cannons.  It's too small to have all that ****.

A small support blaster turret on its hind end though?  I could see it as l like a small armored car type vehicle.  Reminds me of the MLC-3, a ltitle bit, and with a better paintjob.  A small infantry support vehicle...  Maybe like a Bren Carrier from WW2.  Easy to slice through, with the right weapon, but if you're just some infantry running about, it could be one hell of a menace if the other group have it doing some "street sweeping".

Now if they'd only do some OT concepts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2011, 12:11 PM »
Saw this over the 'Scum. The AWESOME NEW Y-WING MOLD folks really wanted...er...not.

Mini-rig in the kiddie ride version of a big vehicle style.  :P Like the rear turret (is if for astro droids?). They had a servicable concept but had to make it too Y-wingy (those engine pods look playskoolish) rather than just an "off screen" air speeder/mini-fighter.

Weird.  But cool in an odd sort of way as well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 19, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Wow, I don't think I have thought about mini rigs in almost 30 years. But this certainly captures that essence. As a child I played with mini rigs more than regular vehicles because they were small and easy to "fly around". They also fit more into my childhood budget,(and a small gym bag for transportation) so it was easy to own them all. My son is dying to find this at a store, and I will be just as happy to buy it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 1, 2011, 11:11 AM »
All DLX 30% off at my Target this morning.  Much better price point for this line.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 1, 2011, 01:23 PM »
I came across a new DCPI for this line over at RS: 087-06-2320

But none of my area stores have anything with that # in stock currently. They have them designated as Star Wars Rapid Strike vehicles, $16.99.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 2, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Carded pic at da 'Scum plus Previews info.

That is an Astromech slot back there in the scout Y-Wing. Nice to give the droids something to do...operate deadly laser guns. ;)

Also, Previews has listing for a Swamp Speeder with the deluxe series. Is that a mistake, or is a mini rigged swamp speeder coming?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 6, 2011, 11:43 AM »
I scored all 4 of the new Deluxe sets this morning at TRU.  :o

Castas and the ARF Trooper set are easily the coolest of the lot, although that Grievous wheelbike looks pretty sweet too. The Battle Droid set does not do much for me, but it's ok.

They rang up at $17.99 each, which isn't horrible considering it's only a buck more than Target will be charging. (I agree not the value it used to be, but whateves)

They were also located apart from the other Deluxe sets in their own little niche, in case anyone goes out hunting today.

I guess the Obi-Wan and Boba sets will show up as Wave 2, maybe with that mini-Y wing.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 7, 2011, 05:37 PM »
So, I saw these today too.  I got the clone thingy and it rang up $19, and Castas and he rang up $20   ???

Don't know whats up with the prices and I asked the cashier - he had no clue.  Oh well, I bought them anyway and I will take them back later if I need too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 8, 2011, 11:47 AM »
Found the whole case of new Class I vehicles today.  I only picked up the sets with Castas and the Clone for now.  I'll pick up the others at a later date.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 11, 2011, 07:39 AM »
My son and I opened up the droid speeder and the clone ship yesterday. I am impressed with how much articulation there is with the ships. The clone craft has positionable thrusters, a turning sled on the back for another figure to stand on and the ability to customize where the guns are used. The droid ship has a bomb insert which can be released at the touch of a button. The wings also can position up or down to give the ship a different look. The best feature on the droid ship is how well the figure sits in the seat. There is none of that uncomfortable bending that some other vehicles have had. The droid can even hold on to the steering mechanism, which folds back and forth by the way. After seeing how cool these are I am tempted to get the grievous cycle. Has anyone opened one yet?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2011, 01:22 PM »
In stock now over at Hasbrotoyshop

DISC10 for 10% off