Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 165008 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #360 on: August 3, 2011, 09:48 PM »
I got Castas and the Clone at the same time...  Honestly the girl at the front counter couldn't have cared less.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #361 on: August 8, 2011, 11:37 PM »
Just curious but have they figured out the Republic Scout Speeder price thing yet?  Love that vehicle, but just am curious when they'll be going up in price, or if people saw them for the full price already?  I haven't seen one really since the first one I got.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 9, 2011, 12:06 AM »
Just curious but have they figured out the Republic Scout Speeder price thing yet?  Love that vehicle, but just am curious when they'll be going up in price, or if people saw them for the full price already?  I haven't seen one really since the first one I got.

Sounds like they are still ringing up at the clearance price as of today...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #363 on: August 13, 2011, 07:06 PM »
As I noted on the front page, I got a Rep Speeder last night and it rang up full price.

On the scanner, it came up as an invalid # and, to see an associate for more info.  I took it to the cashier expecting it to not be in the system, however it was, and it rang up $16.99.

Thought I'd just throw it out there that either Target caught the mistake now, or the old DPCI is closing out in the system, and old items on the old DPCI will transfer to the new DPCI automatically (meaning if, by some strange chance they had old Deluxe sets, they too could possibly ring up under the new DPCI now).

Fun while it lasted, but the party's over, or at least ending soon, for us.  :P

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 15, 2011, 06:01 PM »
I found a Boil and AT-RT at Target (where had it been during clearance?) , it rang up 0.00 so I walked out of the store with it. Okay, I didn't try to buy it. Who knows could've been clearance, but probably not at this point.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 31, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Target seems to have over-compensated in adjusting the price of the Republic Scout Speeder.  I had heard the stories of them being priced at a discount at Target stores, so I decided to scan one.  And the DPCI that came up indicated that it was the Republic Attack Shuttle, and it rings up for $79.99.  Needless to say, I passed.  But not before checking the price on an actual Republic Attack Shuttle, which also rang up at $79.99.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 31, 2011, 11:44 PM »
Target seems to have over-compensated in adjusting the price of the Republic Scout Speeder.  I had heard the stories of them being priced at a discount at Target stores, so I decided to scan one.  And the DPCI that came up indicated that it was the Republic Attack Shuttle, and it rings up for $79.99.  Needless to say, I passed.  But not before checking the price on an actual Republic Attack Shuttle, which also rang up at $79.99.

So if I return my $4.64 Scout, will I get a Target gift card for $80?  :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2011, 11:46 PM »
One can only hope.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 1, 2011, 12:57 PM »
lol - one would have to do a "no receipt" return.  I would like to hope the cashier would question returning something as small as this for $80

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #369 on: September 1, 2011, 01:54 PM »

I have it on good authority that this has in fact worked and the funds were refunded back to the credit card used for the purchase.

(It wasn't me, BTW  :P)
« Last Edit: September 1, 2011, 04:06 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #370 on: September 1, 2011, 02:32 PM »

I have it on good authority that this has in fact worked and the funds were refunded back to the credit card used for the purchase.

With four that I've yet to open, that's fairly tempting.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 1, 2011, 02:44 PM »
Target won't issue a giftcard over $30-$40 without a receipt (at least in my experience there)  Not sure how they'd give you $80 back when it clearly shows the item was less then $5 if you bring in a receipt.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 1, 2011, 02:49 PM »

With four that I've yet to open, that's fairly tempting.

Considering returning just one would let you buy another four, I'd say it's worth trying. I think there might be a problem if the customer service worker knows the item shouldn't be $80, but perhaps they wouldn't even notice. I suppose the worst case scenario is that someone trying to return it is politely declined or asked to bring a receipt.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #373 on: September 1, 2011, 02:54 PM »
Target won't issue a giftcard over $30-$40 without a receipt (at least in my experience there)  Not sure how they'd give you $80 back when it clearly shows the item was less then $5 if you bring in a receipt.

What you have to do is buy an Attack Shuttle at full price with the same credit card then return the Scout Speeder without the receipt.

(I'm not condoning or condemning this practice in any way. It's your conscience.)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 1, 2011, 03:04 PM »
Ah...Gotcha.  I don't like screwing Target though.  If this same situation happened at WM I wouldn't even bat an eye if this sort of return could happen there. 

I still hate that store
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN