Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164974 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #420 on: November 5, 2011, 09:04 PM »
So the scoop from JTA is that Walmart claims not to have the UPC #'s for any of the 5 exclusives in their system at this point. Hasbro confirms via HunterPR that all 5 items should be on the shelves now. (The gift set has an 11/1 street date)

There have been no sightings of any of these anywhere stateside, so best guess seems to be that Walmart is holding these back until closer to the holidays.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 5, 2011, 11:25 PM »
Shame you didnt buy them and offer them up to help others - I've never seen a single one, let alone at $5...

I can't speak for Piet, but I only saw extra ARFs with speeders for $5 back in July/August. As much as I like to help out fellow collectors when I can, I figured shipping would have canceled out those extra savings. I also thought the deluxe sets would be hitting hard like in previous years, so I didn't bother picking up extras.

As it stands now, I'm shocked at how uncommon the new deluxe sets have been. Even the repacks have been easy to find. Most stores in my area are either sold out, stuck with one Castas, or still sitting on 2010 sets. It's a shame, since I would love a few more of the Battle Droid sets.

I'm hoping the AT-RT and BARC sets make it to Wal-Mart, but it doesn't seem likely given the glut of 2010 sets.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2011, 11:26 PM by Greg »

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #422 on: November 6, 2011, 09:38 AM »
Shame you didnt buy them and offer them up to help others - I've never seen a single one, let alone at $5...

Excuse me? You didn't actually just accuse me of being at fault for not spending money I didn't have to help people (read: you) out, did you? Because that would be a pretty undermining comment.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 6, 2011, 11:24 AM »

Excuse me? You didn't actually just accuse me of being at fault for not spending money I didn't have to help people (read: you) out, did you? Because that would be a pretty undermining comment.

Wow, you sure got worked up over nothing - all I actually said was its a shame you didnt pick up spares to trade / sell to others.  Dont you often buy extra figures as trade bait?  To answer your question, I didnt want anything for myself - and I wouldnt ask you either way.

I just think its a shame when some collectors say things like, "I actually passed up the mini Y-wing a couple times at Target...once I got what I needed", when other people need the items.  I personally saw the Republic speeder or whatever its called for under $5 - so I bought one for my nephew, one for a fellow collector, and another for Toys For Tots. :)
« Last Edit: November 7, 2011, 02:25 PM by darth_sidious »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: DLX
« Reply #424 on: November 14, 2011, 01:19 PM »
One of Galactic Hunter's questions to Hasbro

At Comic-Con, we asked for an update about the "Mini-Rigs" of Clone Wars Boba Fett's Speeder Bike and the mini Republic Attack Shuttle, and we were assured they were coming. No new assortments have been listed, and no news has appeared-- can we get an update on these two?

At New York Comic-Con we confirmed that these vehicles were no longer in the line

Yeah...uh...thanks for that update, Hasbro.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:19 PM by scockery »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #425 on: November 14, 2011, 01:22 PM »
Yeah, that's a big WTF? moment.  ???

I really liked that Obi-Wan Shuttle dealy.  That was a neat ship...  of course, with the way things are being run these days,  it makes total sense they'd drop that ship in favor of giving us another chance at the in-demand items like the hard-to-find BARC Speeder Bike or the STAP.   ::)  ::)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:24 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 14, 2011, 03:07 PM »
So the images on the slides they showed for these - were they purely artists' conceptions? I was under the impression all the groundwork had already been done - tooling, sculpting, etc.

It seems like they would have had to have been  pretty far along in the production process to have offered sneak peeks at these mini-rigs.

I just figured these had been delayed or pushed back indefinitely, not axed altogether.

That would be a really cruel tease to have shown those things, especially Obi-Wan's ride, and then not follow through on them EVER.

The news just gets better and better for Clone Wars fans.  :(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 15, 2011, 11:36 AM »
On another note, does anyone ever run across the mini Y-Wing at stores anymore? If so, where?

This thing has literally NEVER shown up at any stores around here, despite numerous sightings sround other parts of the country. This is weirdly reminiscent of the situation with the BARC Speeder and Clone Trooper Jesse when that originally came out. A few sightings at first, then nothing for months, and eventually the floodgates opened.

I really hope there are more of these in the pipeline somewhere...the one I ordered from HTS waaaay back really needs to be replaced with a mintier packaged version.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 15, 2011, 11:56 AM »
I only saw them at Target the first week or two back when they rebooted a few months back.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #429 on: November 15, 2011, 03:07 PM »
Add me to the list bummed on Obi-Wan's weird vehicle.  I wanted that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 15, 2011, 03:25 PM »
I was really looking forward to that Obi-Wan shuttle.  As things stand now I STILL can't find the Y-Wing scout bomber.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 15, 2011, 07:13 PM »
I only saw them at Target the first week or two back when they rebooted a few months back.

Maybe it's just my area, but the new figure and vehicle sets seem oddly hard-to-find. Even the repacks are somewhat uncommon. Occasionally I'll see the dog faced dude or Anakin with the Naboo ship, but not much else. It's a shame, since I would love a Grievous and a few more of the Battle Droid sets.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #432 on: November 15, 2011, 08:39 PM »
The Clone Scout is tough to come by, but can be found if you hit more than a couple places.  The Scout Y-WIng was fairly non-existant here.  I see most of the others (repacks and new) often otherwise.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 16, 2011, 08:19 AM »
Well - the Boba w/Speeder Bike set really isn't a loss. It was the individually carded Boba, perhaps with modified hips and the same bike that Castus came with, so I'm okay missing out on that one. In fact, I picked up a second one of these sets just for the bike - now I'll have to see if the carded Baby Boba figure fits on it...

With the Mini Attack Shuttle - not quite sure what's going on there. I could have sworn they had a physical sculpt at SDCC, but I guess I'm just remembering wrong.

Glad to know that I don't have to keep looking for those anymore, so I guess what ever is out in the mini-rig/deluxe/class-1 vehicle line is it.

(unless of course the two WalMart exclusives decide to finally show up  :-\)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #434 on: November 16, 2011, 02:25 PM »
The picture of the Obi-Wan ship is of a physical toy, not a drawing.

That's not to say final toolings were done for mass production though.