Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 165527 times)

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2011, 05:52 PM »
I can't say either is a real loss. The Obi-Wan rig looked cool. but it never made sense to me given that it is essentially a broke-ass version of the front of the Republic Shuttle. Maybe Hasbro realized that and the fact we have about a million and a half Obi-Wans.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2011, 09:42 PM »
I can't say either is a real loss. The Obi-Wan rig looked cool. but it never made sense to me given that it is essentially a broke-ass version of the front of the Republic Shuttle. Maybe Hasbro realized that and the fact we have about a million and a half Obi-Wans.

Agreed on that one - it was super odd to me that they even planned on putting Obi-Wan with that mini-rig.

Should have totally just been a repaint of the Odd Ball Clone Pilot Sculpt.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 28, 2011, 10:27 AM »
In what can only be viewed as a troubling development, HTS has pulled the mini Y-Wing Scout Bomber off the site completely. You can officially no longer get this toy from the company that was supposed to be making it.  ::)

Just the latest kick in the nuts for fans of this line.

Thanks Hasbro.

Thanks for trimming down to a paltry 19 figures next year.
Thanks for cancelling those 2 Deluxe sets you tauntalized us with earlier this year.
Thanks for not shipping the Mando Assault Transport in time for holiday shopping. Or even putting it up on your own website so we could order it, months after the other online etailers got theirs.

I don't know why my money has suddenly become abhorrent to you, but if you don't want it anymore, I can find someone else who will. Pretty sure.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 28, 2011, 12:29 PM »
Time to abandon ship perhaps?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 4, 2011, 08:15 AM »
What are the new clone wars deluxe sets that are hitting now?  I don't think i have ever bought anything from that line, but I don't notice anything new.

Been seeing a lot of new vintage, clone wars, and marvel universe figures lately, more than normal.

But I have no idea what i'm looking for with clone wars deluxe.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #440 on: December 4, 2011, 08:56 AM »
The new ones are the BARC speeder with Buzz (a green accented clone trooper) and AT-RT (with horn deco) with ARF trooper (red camo pattern).

EDIT: I picked these up today and noticed that the packaging for the Buzz set has stickers on the top flap and on the back of the packaging covering up the call outs for the "Retractable Landing Gear" feature since the sculpt actually included is the wheeled "rip-cord" version.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2011, 12:42 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 5, 2011, 05:41 PM »
I saw one of each of these WM exclusives today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #442 on: December 6, 2011, 01:54 AM »
I was thinking more about these sets tonight. Did someone at Walmart purchasing actually spec that one of these sets be "red" and the other "green" and then hold them for Xmas on purpose?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #443 on: December 6, 2011, 01:30 PM »
I think that's a decent possibility Jayson...  Fits more with a purchaser/advertising mentality than "Wow, I bet collectors will love these decoes" mentality.

I saw these, and honestly I can't bring myself to plunk out that much for a repaint.  Repaints of some stuff are ok, but at this stage of collecting, it's just not practical financially to buy everything no matter how neat the deco may be.  I like the AT-RT but I've got two (plus the old walking ones) and it just is a waste.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #444 on: December 26, 2011, 03:34 AM »
Scuba Clone Trooper w/Republic Mini Sub in 2012 Class-I Vehicles w/Figures, Wave 2!

I thought some of the underwater stuff may make it to this line.  I just hope they don't bail here, and we get some of the other goodies.  I'm down for this set for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 26, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Saw something about that on Facebook...interesting. Seems like a worthy choice.

What is the Republic Recon Fighter with Anakin that is also listed in this wave? Is that a TPM based offering? Or another Clone Wars selection?

I don't think they are even differentiating the Clone Wars toys anymore with the new line look, which makes it even harder to figure out what I am supposed to be buying.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #446 on: December 26, 2011, 11:28 AM »
Excited to see the sub and Scuba Trooper.  Not sure what Anakin is. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #447 on: December 26, 2011, 11:51 AM »
I was thinking it is maybe just a figure swap on the one that the ARF Trooper came with or something.  Could be something totally different or maybe that thing Obi-Wan was to come with, but renamed and with a character that sells better?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 26, 2011, 01:49 PM »
You know, now that I go back and look at the photos of the 2 canceled sets, that was exactly what that thing with Obi-Wan was called - the Republic Recon Fighter.  So yeah, maybe it is being resurrected/re-purposed for whatever reason. I hope that is part of the animated line offerings as well.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 26, 2011, 02:48 PM »

What is the Republic Recon Fighter with Anakin that is also listed in this wave? Is that a TPM based offering? Or another Clone Wars selection?

I was definitely thinking that this is THIS VEHICLE that was shown at Toy Fair 2011 with Obi-Wan.  That got cancelled, but Hasbro may have re-purposed it for Spring '12.  Plus, with the upcoming Naboo Skiff being offered with a TPM Obi-Wan, perhaps Hasbro wanted to get a different character paired up with the Republic Recon Fighter.  If they're going to be in the same Deluxe Figure & Vehicle assortment I can see Hasbro wanting different characters in the lineups. 

Plus, there's this:  Hasbro has consistently stated that if they have PUBLICALLY shown an item in print or at industry events like Toy Fair / Comic Con, they feel a committment to getting that piece out to market.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback