Author Topic: Hasbro's Celebration V VIP Ticket Contest  (Read 22405 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Hasbro's Celebration V VIP Ticket Contest
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I hear Philip Wise is doing the same contest with the Lt. Renz mini-busts. He will be sending stickers to everyone that originally bought one because he knows they are still mint in box.

LOL, it's one of the top 10 SW collectible duds of all time! I want to buy one because it's so pathetic it's downright funny. $15 shipped is all I will pay. I wonder if they look at best offers.....

As I mentioned earlier unless Hasbro became repackers this is really a BS promo, there is no way this can be legit. Now looking at it from another spectrum if it clears the shelves for new product I am willing to look the other way and not make a stink because it helps keep the line healthy. Keep the price low, add a contest incentive and we will  have room for new product.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 02:27 PM »
Saw a Hasbro rep putting stickers on product today at a local WM. All he did was put stickers on the TLC figures, the lone Endor battle pack, and the pegs of 3 year old Imperial Officer Disguise Luke/Chick comic packs. Even if there are any actual winning packages out there, you'd think Hasbro would at least have the decency to only put stickers on the red/white Legacy merchandise, not the blue/white 2008 packaging and especially not the 30AC packaging. That's just insulting my intelligence.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 03:36 PM »
My favorite thing I have seen so far today was at Walmart - not the one I normally go to.  I walked down to the Star Wars aisle to find that all of the TLC figures have been tagged with this sticker - Even the Episode 1 Panaka "repacked" on Typho card has been hanging there sticker-less for the past month....

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 04:18 PM »
Excellent.  We should see this promotion in Canada around October. 

Heh, I actually laughed out loud when I read that.  Too funny.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 06:26 PM »
Today I saw a VIP Ticket Contest sticker on a legends Clone Trooper card that had a potf2 Stormtrooper in it!  ;D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2010, 08:45 AM »
^Awesome!  You would have gotten a tri-fecta if you'd take it to the register and they'd told you they couldn't sell it because it has been recalled.
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 10:17 AM »
I saw these stickers all over figures at our local WM - and they seem to be the same figures that have been there for months now already.  It seems that the rumors of Hasbro reps putting stickers on old stock may be true.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 03:29 PM »
I don't think there was ever doubt that old product was being stickered, the doubt was in how Hasbro actually distributed winning tickets since there was no new product scheduled to ship outside of the EU wave at TRU.

I do think that having Hasbro reps distribute old product seeded with 10 winning tickets is kind of ******, though.  While some stores do have very low stock of pretty much all the SW lines right now, a store slammed with 100+ Saga Legends figures certainly doesn't need any more old stock clogging up the works, winning tickets or not. 

If I were a manager covering toys in a store with a lot of stagnant stock and a Hasbro rep showed up with a box full of "more of the same," I might issue them a significant ration of **** to be reported back up their chain of command.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 03:27 AM »
I have not seen these anywhere. The ONE time I THOUGHT I saw one of these was at a Target, and I saw a peculiar sticker on an Endor BP... turned out to be a sticky label ripped off a candy product and mysteriously slapped onto this BP. Wow. ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2010, 11:32 PM »
I've seen them on various Legacy figs, vehicles, and comic packs at both Target and TRU now.  It will be interesting to hear if/when anyone actually wins.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2010, 11:37 PM »
I'm seeing them regularly now at WM/Targets I visit for usual shopping...  Not much else to say other than I've seen them on anything from 1st Day of Issue Yarna figures to blue-packaging comic and battlepacks, to fairly current figures like Bespin Refresh Wave Scanner Techs (which I bought the other day).

I'd say a lot of whether you see them or not has to do with how often Hasbro reps hit that area.  They don't hit all the stores near me, or at least hit some of them very very infrequently compared to the more busy areas I visit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77