Author Topic: Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Starfighter  (Read 86536 times)

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #15 on: February 8, 2009, 12:38 AM »
I wonder if the price inflation on vehicles is due to the BMF and AT-TE not selling as well as Hasbro thought and now they're adjusting prices to make up for it? Just a thought...

I don't buy vehicles but I've been tempted to buy a 'to-scale' X-Wing. I may have missed my chance if the price for this is exorbitant.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 8, 2009, 12:47 AM »
I do not get the massive inflation on vehicles. It would seem the AT-TE and BMF justified raising the price of larger vehicles in retailers eyes. This is will bend over for since it's OTC but man more than 30 than the TRU Dagobah one is getting out of hand.

Its really not that different from the basic figures on a percentage basis is it?  From $7 at Christmas to $9 at some Target stores - I heard today that someone found basic figs for almost $9 even at a Wal-Mart.  This isn't about a cost of goods increase - this is about manufacturers having no idea what to do with price these days.  Obvioiusly, they're in it to make profit, so I think they're testing the waters.  If things don't sell, they can always take the price back down, just like they've done with every single price increase over the last ten years.  Time may prove me wrong, but this should be simple Econ 101.  If demand stays high, they can continue to charge what they want.  If surplus of suply grows, prices will come back down.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: February 8, 2009, 12:51 AM »
I think the recent safety regulations are adding to the overall cost of toys...plus, their is the whole oil thing which isn't as big of an issue as it used to be

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: February 8, 2009, 01:09 AM »
  I bet if it does well though, we'll start seeing "Biggs w/X-wing, Porkins w/X-Wing, etc.".

If we get a Porkins w/X-wing he better be able to fit his fat ass in it!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #19 on: February 8, 2009, 08:45 AM »
I hate pack-in figures  :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 8, 2009, 10:01 AM »
Yeah, I just want to get a regular single pack Wedge at retail.  None of this $15 on the web or $75 X-wings with a ladder or two. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 8, 2009, 02:12 PM »
I wonder if the price inflation on vehicles is due to the BMF and AT-TE not selling as well as Hasbro thought and now they're adjusting prices to make up for it? Just a thought...

Interesting....I wonder how sales of the Ecliptic Tie Fighter is doing, but that thing is only $50, no?  I'm out of this game if prices are going through the roof even though I'd stop buying figs and just buy the vehicles.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2009, 02:13 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 9, 2009, 09:14 AM »
Yeah, I just want to get a regular single pack Wedge at retail. 

Seriously. Why is that so hard?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 9, 2009, 09:25 AM »
I agree, it seems ridiculous that we still haven't seen a regular, single carded Wedge Antilles at retail.  Looking at all the other minor, background characters we've seen in the line, particularly in the past few years, the fact that this fairly significant player in the OT still hasn't seen a basic figure at retail seems astounding to me.  I'm looking forward to seeing more about this X-Wing pack in, and the previous OTC exclusive version was ok as well, but I hope we get an all-new, SA Wedge Antilles in the basic line - and soon.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #24 on: February 9, 2009, 09:44 AM »
I think the recent safety regulations are adding to the overall cost of toys...plus, their is the whole oil thing which isn't as big of an issue as it used to be

As I work at a Toy company I can confirm this to be true.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 9, 2009, 01:47 PM »
I agree, it seems ridiculous that we still haven't seen a regular, single carded Wedge Antilles at retail.  Looking at all the other minor, background characters we've seen in the line, particularly in the past few years, the fact that this fairly significant player in the OT still hasn't seen a basic figure at retail seems astounding to me.  I'm looking forward to seeing more about this X-Wing pack in, and the previous OTC exclusive version was ok as well, but I hope we get an all-new, SA Wedge Antilles in the basic line - and soon.

Given this set, I think we're more likely to see a TESB Snowspeeder pilot Wedge on a basic figure card first.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 06:22 AM »

Given this set, I think we're more likely to see a TESB Snowspeeder pilot Wedge on a basic figure card first.

It would be very simple and cheap, just take Wes's body and put Comic pack wedge's head on it. POW Snowspeeder Wedge. I was going to do that anyway.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 09:16 AM »
Or an evo snowspeeder body with a Wedge head.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 02:43 PM »
I hope they slap some of the FX X-Wing electronics back in this for $75 bones. I am getting it either way just because of the OT connection. while I love that new imperial arc they can kiss my ass on that one!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 04:04 PM »
I look at this 2 ways: $75 is frackin' ridiculous for this if it is truly the price.  On the other hand, it's pretty cool that we're getting individual and accurately-decoed starfighters and their pilots, something that would have never happened in vintage or even POTF2 days.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke