Author Topic: Walmart CW Octuptarra Droid  (Read 29692 times)

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart CW Octuptarra Droid
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2009, 02:39 PM »
Another one I'm sitting on the fence regarding buying or not. It's a pretty droid, but $35 pretty? Hrm...  :-\

I think my hard sell is the fact I picked up two BMF's last Jan at Target for $35, albeit on clearance but... I might stay on the fence unless I see this going somewhere, but as of now a few stores have sold a couple each and the rest are sitting.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 02:41 PM by JES »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2009, 02:47 PM »
Another one I'm sitting on the fence regarding buying or not. It's a pretty droid, but $35 pretty? Hrm...  :-\

I think my hard sell is the fact I picked up two BMF's last Jan at Target for $35, albeit on clearance but... I might stay on the fence unless I see this going somewhere, but as of now a few stores have sold a couple each and the rest are sitting.

I still think you just need to go back one page in this thread and look at those pics and you will be more than willing to shell out $35 for the Oct Droid.

I also got my BMF for $35, but it is a totally different scenario when you get something at final clearance price.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2009, 04:19 PM »

I've gotten super selective lately, because I think that the prices in this hobby, particularly on exclusives have gotten completely out of hand.  (Exceptions for Walmart so far this year).

But the octuparra droid is way bigger than a normal $20-25 vehicle and it is one of the best 10 vehicles ever.  Pull the trigger, even at $35.  I don't think you'll regret this one, it has the value for it's pricepoint, and even a little beyond.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2009, 01:03 PM »
Picked up the Octuptarra Droid yesterday! This thing is HUGE and OUTSTANDING! Easily the best vehicle since the BMF, and totally worth every penny. 8)

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2009, 02:48 PM »
Does it stay standing up?  Does it slouch at all?  I keep thinking how cool this is, but the legs have to sag.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2009, 03:12 PM »
Does it stay standing up?  Does it slouch at all?  I keep thinking how cool this is, but the legs have to sag.

This one is firm and sturdy, good quality plastic. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2009, 08:38 PM »
Yeah, I've been pretty impressed so far with how stable this beast is. No slouching or sagging this time!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2009, 06:35 PM »
I did the site to store thing and picked mine up this weekend.  Very nice, but haven't opened it yet.  Still awed by the pictures of this thing.  Even though this isn't in the general Starfighter assortment which is where it might have ended up - makes you wonder what's next in that realm, but we'll probably have to wait for Toyfair so that means a nice break.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2009, 01:50 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2009, 02:25 PM »
Now $28.00 on WM.com

Awesome, if I see it in a store for that price I am buying another one and breaking it out of the box!

Heck, I'm probably going to do that anyway but it's a lot more palatable closer to the regular vehicle price.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2009, 02:34 PM »
You can always get it shipped Site To Store for your convenience.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2009, 03:28 PM »
I think I'm going to give this one a try for $28.00.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2009, 03:33 PM »
I might get a second at this price... hopefully it starts selling better now.  I think it was hurt some by being crammed into a small box - a lot of people probably think it's just an overpriced exclusive and don't realize just how enormous and awesome this thing is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2009, 03:50 PM »
Yeah I may send one to the store too after payday.  See how things are going by then.  Probably not much more to buy now for a while.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 05:05 PM »
I think I'm going to give this one a try for $28.00.

It's a neat toy, even though it's mostly air. I got my three for about $20 each, so I think it was a great value, but I can see how $35 was a bit steep. I think I would've been content with getting this for $30. I hope you enjoy your purchase. At the very least this Tri-Droid is better than its smaller cousin.