Author Topic: Legacy Mail-Away Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn  (Read 86780 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Mail-Away Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn
« Reply #135 on: March 3, 2010, 09:23 AM »
As a result my Nahdar Vebb forms are going in this week.

As are mine...this was a real wake-up call. Yikes!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 6, 2010, 04:00 AM »
I still need to mail away for my figures.  ::) I've had the completes POPs and certificate since December. Wow.

I already have all materials needed for Nahdarr Vebb, except the certificate. I'm really looking forward to that figure, but I can't decde if I want 1 or 2.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 6, 2010, 10:48 AM »
You know you can download the certificate.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 6, 2010, 06:58 PM »
Well, I haven't received a postcard yet, I never got one for the Crystal Skeletons either and it wasn't until I e-mailed in through the Hasbro customer service website did I receive a card.

But I did check the status on all of my money orders and they were all cashed, so I'm not concerned at this point. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with eight Eopies at the moment, but I'm sure I'll figure something out...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #139 on: March 8, 2010, 04:34 PM »
I am shocked they actually ran out. I thought this was going to be the turd of all mail aways. It seemed to me that no one cared. I am glad people did order it's a great promotion. I mailed away for 16 and got them all.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 8, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Hasbro saying that sales of the Legacy line were below expectations?  Yet the response for the mail in item for the line was above expectations.  Interesting.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: March 8, 2010, 10:52 PM »
I don't know that you can really gauge sales of Legacy by the selling out of a promo toy...  2009 was a down-year that they sort of knew was coming I think since 2008 was a down year and the trend didn't seem likely to shift.  I'd guess perhaps they underestimated demand for the mail-in then more on the notion they turned production down on it expecting a slower year.  Plus, a lot of people may have mailed in from the Clone Wars crowd, which they maybe weren't entirely expecting.

I think regardless though, it's a positive in the column of realistic stuff moving forward...  I'm sort of surprised they didn't just can the promotion rather than doing a new run, but regardless it's cool how they're doing it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 9, 2010, 12:06 AM »
I think regardless though, it's a positive in the column of realistic stuff moving forward...  I'm sort of surprised they didn't just can the promotion rather than doing a new run, but regardless it's cool how they're doing it.

Well - speaking as someone who has sent away for a total of eight and five of those eight payments were cashed two months ago and I still have yet to receive a single Eopie - I'm glad they're making more. I would be pretty upset if all eight of my payments were returned to me at this point.

It's also the reason I didn't procrastinate in getting my Vebb redemptions sent in!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 9, 2010, 10:16 AM »
I don't know that you can really gauge sales of Legacy by the selling out of a promo toy...  2009 was a down-year that they sort of knew was coming I think since 2008 was a down year and the trend didn't seem likely to shift.  I'd guess perhaps they underestimated demand for the mail-in then more on the notion they turned production down on it expecting a slower year.  Plus, a lot of people may have mailed in from the Clone Wars crowd, which they maybe weren't entirely expecting.

Sorry JJ, I guess I had the wrong tone.  I wasn't so much surprised about the overall sales number as Hasbro was taken off guard by a great mail away.  I'm not a high volume buyer, but I still sent away for two sets.  It was just too good to pass up.  I'm not in the business, so I don't envy them having to forecast sales based on the economy, and then project the response to the mail away based on overall sales numbers.  Too many variables.  But it does indicate that the market is still there when a quality product is at a good price.
I am not the Stig

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 9, 2010, 11:31 PM »
They probably did not anticipate people buying multiples of these like an army builder.  I have heard a lot of comments like the ones above "I got 16" "I got 8", etc and from other sites.   It turned out to be a really nice set.  It was easy to get it to. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2010, 12:30 AM »
Plus it was in all 3 prequals, no?  It's a popular item.  I got one for Obi w/baby Luke for instance.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2010, 05:20 AM »
This offer was unavailable here in the UK. There was a rumor it was going turn up at retail in Toys R Us, but no sign of it yet. Maybe they're waiting until the offer expires first.

My question is, if you guys lived over here and had to pick one up at retail, would you do it?

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2010, 08:39 PM »
I sent in for 2 today.  I hope they made enough the second time around for procrastinators like me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2010, 09:13 PM »
This offer was unavailable here in the UK. There was a rumor it was going turn up at retail in Toys R Us, but no sign of it yet. Maybe they're waiting until the offer expires first.

My question is, if you guys lived over here and had to pick one up at retail, would you do it?

Depends on price and if you're into E1 enough...  It's a good QGJ figure, and a decent beast, though probably not the most exciting animal in the saga. 

As a mail-in it's a no-brainer, but as a toy at a store, it really depends what it costs I think.  $6.99 here is basically what its price is though, so I ordered probably too many of them.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2010, 11:51 PM »

I have one of the original EP1 releases MIB so for me, the real appeal here is the ability to finally get this piece and have it opened.

I did a bit overboard on ordering them as a mail-away (I sent away for a total of eight) - but if I had to buy it in a store, like say as a TRU exclusive Deluxe Figure w/Vehicle like the recent Biker Scout w/Speederbike, I probably would have limited my purchases to three:

1 - to keep MIB
1 - to open and have with Qui-Gon Jinn
1 - to open and display an Obi-Wan w/Baby Luke

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with the other five I ordered. My step-son has recently "given me back" a lot of his Star Wars stuff - he's going through that phase where there are much cooler things out there than SW toys so I've recently acquired things like an extra Anakin's Pod Racer, when they arrived for the race, R2 was pulling the cockpit and an Eopie was pulling the engines and I'm pretty sure Anakin and Padme road on one and Shmi and Kister road on the other one, so I might break apart this extra pod racer and make that scenario as a display too.

You also never know when one of these mail-aways might come in handy for a trade too.

So I guess the long-winded answer to your question is: yes I would still buy it, but not in the same numbers as what I did for the mail-away.
Peter